Author Topic: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!  (Read 290901 times)

gregarious

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!
« Reply #780 on: August 23, 2011, 11:20:26 PM »
hi everyone, I'm Greg from San Diego. I've only been listening for a few months, but I love the show.

DeeLite

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #781 on: August 24, 2011, 08:23:30 PM »
Hey, this is Double Dee from Chicago.

On the subject of terrible band names / bad album names (i.e. Mithamine), I stumbled upon Boston Spaceships. Great band name.

Their album? "Let it Beard". I almost passed.

I'm glad I gave it a second chance, I didn't realize that it was the lead singer from Guided by Voices. It goes to show that a dumb band name ("Ultimate Toilet", "Mithamine") or album can make or break it.

Also, here is the album cover (which screams "My uncle has a guitar and a garage to record in")

Mole Man Jr.

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #782 on: August 27, 2011, 01:09:17 AM »
I'm Jake and I'm from Richmond, VA--capital of the Confederacy and Mit Hamine. We're also the headquarters of Eskimo Pie which is slightly less embarrassing.

I've been a fan of the Best Show Gems and the Newbridge Saga for awhile. I just started listening to the actual Best Show a couple weeks ago. The past two episodes and Gems I've heard prove to me that, objectively speaking, The Best Show deserves to be on the top of any list that it may be eligible for.

It's so good, it should at least place in ANY internet generated list. Top 15 Animals You Won't Believe Aren't Photoshopped? #11 THE BEST SHOW WITH TOM SCHARPLING.

For comedy podcasts, however, Tom and his show should always have a spot at the top. I listened to the 30 minute Gems and loved them. It wasn't until I listened to the full three hour show that I understood just how special The Best Show is. It takes a great comic mind to be that engaging for three hours a week. Satanism? Bully stories? Chestnut mare? What more could you want/need in a comedy show?

How anybody could claim to appreciate comedy and not appreciate Tom and The Best Show makes zero sense. SHAME ON THEM!

Chris from Chicago

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #783 on: September 23, 2011, 11:00:28 AM »
Hi everyone....Chris from Chicago here.

This isn't my first post, so my Midwestern / private grade school guilt is telling me I may be a bit out of place here.  But, seeing as I'm only just approaching double digit posts, I think I'll be able to sleep tonight...

I've been listening to the show week by week for about two months now.  However, between the archives and best show gems on iTunes, the hours have really started to stack up.  (And I'll tell you this, I was never someone who got into the whole "Podcast" scene.  I was that type of snob that didn't consider anything called a "podcast" was worth listening to.  Clearly I have seen the error of my ways...)

What got me hooked?  Hard to say really... I like the inside/arching jokes, I love the Wurster calls, and I really enjoy the "smart" humor associated with the program.  I don't think I've heard a single "dick" or "fart" joke ever.  Not that those jokes don't have their place in the comedy spectrum, but it's nice to notice your brain actually at work while listening.

I've noticed a few over Chicagonites here on the forum.  It's wild to see how far this local radio show travels and how protective the fans are of it.  Seeing that there's still a place for intelligent humor in America helps restore some of my faith in humanity.
It's like trying to snap a guy's neck while he's sitting on a swivel chair......impossible.

Boggy

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #784 on: October 07, 2011, 06:10:51 PM »
Hi everyone,

Boggy from Peoria, IL. 

Love the show!

PokemonFan

« Reply #785 on: October 12, 2011, 01:27:50 PM »
Hey everybody!!

This is James from South East Pa! I'm finally an official FOT member, but I've always been one, in my HEART! 

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #786 on: October 12, 2011, 02:37:01 PM »
Hey everybody!!

This is James from South East Pa! I'm finally an official FOT member, but I've always been one, in my HEART!

Are you typing from your bathroom?
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

cleanroom

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #787 on: October 16, 2011, 03:16:09 AM »
Hi all,

I already posted a couple times, but I want to make an official post here in the new users' forum. Hello!

-Joe

bleephouse rat

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #788 on: October 19, 2011, 03:23:04 PM »
Hi everyone!
Peter from Harlem here.  At the behest of the immensely talented Neil Numberman, I have been listening to The Best Show starting with the first episode.  Phew! It has taken me about one wonderful year, but it has been an immensely rewarding experience, as I know you all know.  I'm currently up to June of 2011!  I'm loving it so much I decided to sign up here, and as soon as I am caught up to hear my first ever "live" episode I plan to briefly call once just to say "Thanks" to Tom (and Neil)

anyhoo, looking forward to being a Friend of Tom (and everyone here)

brumblebee

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #789 on: October 27, 2011, 06:11:12 PM »
Hi, my name is Arian. I live in Austin, Tx. I started listening to the Best Show pretty recently, maybe 6 months ago? I have a boring job, but I take pictures of people when I'm not there, or am watching improv. I love macaroni and cheese, and Sleater-Kinney.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #790 on: October 28, 2011, 11:32:54 AM »
Hi everyone!
Peter from Harlem here.  At the behest of the immensely talented Neil Numberman, I have been listening to The Best Show starting with the first episode.  Phew! It has taken me about one wonderful year, but it has been an immensely rewarding experience, as I know you all know.  I'm currently up to June of 2011!  I'm loving it so much I decided to sign up here, and as soon as I am caught up to hear my first ever "live" episode I plan to briefly call once just to say "Thanks" to Tom (and Neil)

anyhoo, looking forward to being a Friend of Tom (and everyone here)

There was another Peter from Haarlem at sometime in the past.  He executed a trade that would make today's Wall Streeters blush with envy.

bleephouse rat

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #791 on: October 29, 2011, 11:04:01 PM »
no kidding; that's certainly not me!  I'm curious about this aforementioned trade, although I hope it wasn't terribly unscrupulous, and that my name won't get too besmirched by proxy.  truly truly just thrilled to be here.   

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #792 on: October 29, 2011, 11:19:49 PM »
This Pete's last name was Minuit.

Zach mond

• Policemans heel
« Reply #793 on: November 18, 2011, 11:46:51 PM »
Im zach from richmond. been listening to the show for 3 years. im in mit hamine. boston spaceships wild flag rule Liars - Plaster Casts of Everything  want to change the world unem ploy ed

Crusherkc

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #794 on: November 19, 2011, 01:34:38 AM »
I'm Zach from Richmond. I have been listening to the show for 3 years. I am in Mitt Hamine. The Boston Spaceships and Wild Flag, in my humble O, rule the world of rock and I want to change the world's unemployed percentage of the population. Thank You.

Welcome! Amity, as you know, means 'friendship'  :)

http://www.wfmu.org/flashplayer.php?version=2&show=42692&archive=73519

At the 1:30:50 mark.
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!