Author Topic: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!  (Read 290856 times)

lastplaneout

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!
« Reply #795 on: November 30, 2011, 07:53:43 AM »
Hi, FOTs.

My name's Andy. I'm from Durham, NC and also new to the FOT fora. I had the call about Syl Johnson last night, which in retrospect was sort of silly. I guess I still have time to get it right when I become a regular caller.

Flood

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #796 on: December 02, 2011, 04:42:58 PM »
Hi. I am kind of shy. Have a Stevie Blue moment instead of a proper introduction:

Stevie Blue - Road to Nashvile
FOTpediaAP Mike Day! – I feed you garbage!

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #797 on: December 02, 2011, 05:09:35 PM »
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #798 on: December 02, 2011, 08:25:12 PM »
Hi. I am kind of shy. Have a Stevie Blue moment instead of a proper introduction:

That man has something serious going on.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Flood

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #799 on: December 03, 2011, 03:10:14 AM »
That reminds me of my second favorite thread:

http://friendsoftom.com/forum/index.php/topic,1606.msg104767.html#msg104767

That's a good one! Do you happen to know which show it was that Tom used that soundbite on air repeatedly. I'd love to listen to him cracking up over it again but cannot find it anymore.

Flood

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #800 on: December 03, 2011, 04:03:34 AM »

That man has something serious going on.

Might also have his own YouTube channel now, though I am not sure: http://www.youtube.com/user/steve30blue

remgrandt

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #801 on: January 06, 2012, 11:37:44 PM »
Hello, nice people of the FOT forum.

I'm Remington from Detroit -- yes, that is my real name.  I work in radio and I am currently studying for the June LSAT.  My favorite film is the original Bedazzled from '67, and I used to work in a kitchen with a guy who got sent home on Bravo's Top Chef.  I cannot confirm nor deny that I just posted sentences from an old OkCupid profile I made during a 'break' from my girlfriend, but I can tell you, without doubt, that I have never called in to Tom's show.  I've been an avid listener since 2009 -- ever since I accidentally downloaded a Best Show Gems onto my iPod.  It was fate.  8)  Much love to everyone out there, and here's to another fantastic year from the Dollar Menu Dickens!

Remington.  (@remgrandt -- twitter)

Tom Bedford-Falls

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #802 on: January 12, 2012, 04:47:42 PM »
Hello FOT people.

My name is Tom and I am from Wales. I was introduced to The Best Show by some friends of mine from Buffalo, NY and it has enriched my life no end. I play in a rock band called "Bedford Falls". We played with Ted Leo once. He was nice.

I have yet to call as that 5 hour time difference and steady employment prevent me from doing so but I hope to do so when my wife and I are holidaying in New York this coming September. It is possible that my wife may have other plans, though. It being our wedding anniversary and all.

I am @Bedford_Falls on Twitter.

Thank you for your time.
One day I will get to listen to The Best Show On WFMU live as Yahweh intended.

makesgood

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #803 on: January 12, 2012, 11:10:22 PM »
Hi, I'm name's Dave from Toronto.  I've been listening to the show for about two years and working my way through the back catalogue when I'm impatient between Tuesdays. 

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #804 on: January 13, 2012, 09:33:22 AM »
Hello FOT people.

My name is Tom and I am from Wales. I was introduced to The Best Show by some friends of mine from Buffalo, NY and it has enriched my life no end. I play in a rock band called "Bedford Falls". We played with Ted Leo once. He was nice.

I have yet to call as that 5 hour time difference and steady employment prevent me from doing so but I hope to do so when my wife and I are holidaying in New York this coming September. It is possible that my wife may have other plans, though. It being our wedding anniversary and all.

I am @Bedford_Falls on Twitter.

Thank you for your time.

Welcome, Tom. I added you to the ultimate_fot_list on Twitter. There are now 374 people on the list.

https://twitter.com/#!/SoundSystemSDC/ultimate-fot-list

Drew D

• Policemans heel
« Reply #805 on: January 13, 2012, 11:15:20 AM »
Hey all,  long time listener here, but finally getting on the board.  Seems like a great group of people here!

Drew in MA/MD

montauk6

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #806 on: January 19, 2012, 01:47:23 PM »
Elmos checking in from NYC.  Loved the show (and the station) since moving here last century.  (And my daughters love "Monk" on Netflix  ;D )

miriamgc

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #807 on: February 12, 2012, 09:25:49 AM »
Hello FsOT! I'm Miriam from North Plainfield.  Discovered the Best Show recently and it is delightful.

Kevin from Pittsburgh

• Policemans heel
« Reply #808 on: February 16, 2012, 07:05:26 PM »
Greetings Board,

I discovered the show after hearing Tom's chats with Ken Plume, and have never been happier to use RealPlayer.

One of the fun things about catching up through the archives is hearing a regular's first call:  Spike! Laurie! Paycheck! Mike's Dinosaur Jr. Opinion!

And is it just me, or does anyone else find it funny and endearing when Tom says 'I can't talk about that on the radio' whenever someone tries to complement him on his stuff?

Glad to be on board!

Kevin
Does anybody have the new issue of Wizard?  Mike is getting his issue of Wizard from his bag.

ArchieFromPGH

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #809 on: February 17, 2012, 11:13:00 AM »
Hi, Kevin,

I'm new here, but also from Picksburgh.