Author Topic: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!  (Read 290853 times)

johnnynovato

Re: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!
« Reply #840 on: January 09, 2013, 08:14:04 PM »
Hi everyone, this is John From San Francisco. I finally called up last night after being goaded to a long time ago by Maggie S. I hope I did not flame out too badly. Anyone going to Sketchfest?

Sincerely,

John

fadalbert

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #841 on: January 30, 2013, 12:57:27 PM »
hiiiiii long time listener 0 time caller 1st day on the FOT  ::) if you're located in **north brooklyn** i'm doing a Best Show listening party for next show at my party place of employment b/c i *just* started working on tuesday nights and already it's cutting into my Best Show time.

here's the fb: http://www.facebook.com/events/331267566978083/
feel invited to come by & hang xoxoxoxoxo
hoo rah

Schmilsson

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #842 on: April 11, 2013, 11:36:59 PM »
Hi,
   My name is Erica. I am a life long NJ resident. I look forward to being part of an online community that is strictly devoted to all things "Best Show".

Australia Nick

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #843 on: April 12, 2013, 01:00:29 AM »
Hi there,

Nick from Australia here. I've been listening for three years now but am yet to call in, mostly because I am afraid but also because I am yet to come up with anything that is a) real and b) Tom could use.

I also have a WFMU bumper sticker but pretty sure it goes by un-noticed here in Aus. I did get recognised wearing a WFMU shirt though by none other than Paydirt from Tasmania. It was a huge coincidence since it was only the second time I had worn it and we were both in Melbourne, and neither of us live there. Super nice guy.

glaxo

• Policemans heel
« Reply #844 on: April 17, 2013, 12:01:20 PM »
Hola,
I'm Mike. Originally from the NJ/Philly area, been a WFMU listener since 2005 or so. I lived in Chicago for a while and tried to spread The Best Show love out there. Now I'm in Austin trying to quit my day job and be a travelin' folk punk musician. Last year I did a little bit of music writing for the blog tinymixtapes too.

Got my WFMU sticker and my Freeform or Death WFMU documentary t shirt. Can't say enough about how much I appreciate the show and the station!

Much love,
Mike

nightswimmer

• Policemans heel
« Reply #845 on: May 03, 2013, 01:11:41 PM »
Hi everybody,

This is Andrew from Kansas. I stumbled upon the Best Show about seven months ago and am now fully obsessed with it. I don't usually get the opportunity to listen live since I work on Tuesday evening, but listen to new episodes as soon as they come out on the podcast feed. I've started ripping from and listening to the archives from the beginning and plan to completely catch up in a couple years. Maybe someday I'll call!

Andrew

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #846 on: May 31, 2013, 09:49:46 PM »
Glad to hear from you new folks. Call in!

fraz

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #847 on: June 04, 2013, 09:52:40 PM »
frazer from alabamar  8)  8)  8)

erg79

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #848 on: June 17, 2013, 06:53:41 PM »
Hi everyone. Relatively new listener, have not called in--maybe some day. Have two newborn twins so most of my Tuesday night (and all nights) are otherwise occupied, I listen to the podcast.

Andrew F

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #849 on: July 17, 2013, 06:57:00 PM »
Hey there, Andy from Indianapolis here. Been listening to the show since last December. Been trying to go back and listen to the older episodes as well as the Gems podcast too. Really enjoying it. Used to have a job where I worked Tuesday nights, so I had to listen to the podcast, but now can listen live (at least until 11:30, when I leave for work). Keep up the good work and I'll hopefully have a chance to call in. I do actually have a Frankie Teardrop story to share, so I'll probably call with that soon.
"I'LL SAY IT
YOU'LL HEAR IT
YOU'LL DO IT
I'LL GET IT
YOU'LL LEARN IT
I'LL LIVE WITH IT
AND YOU'LL DIE WITHOUT IT."

erg79

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #850 on: July 18, 2013, 04:49:12 PM »
Hello!

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #851 on: July 18, 2013, 05:02:41 PM »
Hey there, Andy from Indianapolis here. Been listening to the show since last December. Been trying to go back and listen to the older episodes as well as the Gems podcast too. Really enjoying it. Used to have a job where I worked Tuesday nights, so I had to listen to the podcast, but now can listen live (at least until 11:30, when I leave for work). Keep up the good work and I'll hopefully have a chance to call in. I do actually have a Frankie Teardrop story to share, so I'll probably call with that soon.

Cool man we got some FOTs down here in Bloomington if you ever make it down this way.
"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."

Jangles

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #852 on: August 01, 2013, 09:35:41 AM »
Hello.  Longtime listener, longtime donor, never called.  Keep up the great work.  Live in remote eastern NC, but go to shows in RDU area frequently.  Looking forward to future shows and trying to participate on the boards!

Mucho_Maas

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #853 on: August 05, 2013, 06:19:32 PM »
Hello! First post!

Mucho_Maas

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #854 on: August 05, 2013, 06:21:45 PM »
I've been listening since late last year. Never called in, but did donate to get the C'mon Y'all, It's Time to Have Fun fun pack (and to support free-form radio, of course).