Author Topic: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!  (Read 291022 times)

novafot3000

• Policemans heel
Re: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!
« Reply #870 on: April 02, 2014, 11:03:23 PM »
Yes, but even so I'm glad I found out about it.

Hi, I am a relative latecomer to The Best Show. 
That is an understatement.

Kormodd

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #871 on: April 02, 2014, 11:46:46 PM »
That's good. It's a good show and stuff.
Ever do nothing and gain nothing from it?
Ever feel stupid and then know that you really are?
Ever think you're smart and then find out you aren't?
Ever play the fool and then find out that you're worse?

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #872 on: April 03, 2014, 04:17:05 AM »
welcome abroad!
"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."

novafot3000

• Policemans heel
« Reply #873 on: April 03, 2014, 06:13:48 AM »
Thanks! So far the episode I'm fondest of is the one with Myrlyn Hogan's predictions. But I've like all of them.

ola

• Policemans heel
« Reply #874 on: May 19, 2014, 01:04:54 AM »
Hi everybody, longtime fan of the show here in Seattle.   :)  Been going through some serious withdrawals (along with my fiance who is also a huge fan).  Can't wait to see what comes next!

P.S. I saw this on reddit today and I believe that Tommy Fitz must originally be from Newbridge:
http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/06/04/long-ago-a-pilot-landed-on-an-uptown-street-thats-where-the-bar-was/?_php=true&_type=blogs&smid=pl-share&_r=0

bigginsjp

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #875 on: May 30, 2014, 01:23:13 PM »
Hullo FoT! J from Ohio here. Long time Best Show fan.

Discovered The Best Show on WFMU in podcast form around about 2009-10. Switched to listening to the live version shortly thereafter.

I can still remember downloading the podcasts in iTunes ("these things are almost three hours long?!?") with very little in the way of 'a clue' as to what I was getting into. Then the stretched-out calls (and that voice) from these malcontents in a place called Newbridge. Then the epiphany.

Then I understood.

Now my entire family are fans. They want to know all about it. Everything I can tell them. (I have to describe, in painstaking detail, the world of The Best Show, its callers, its mythology; I talk about the wildly brilliant aesthetic that sort of rose out of nowhere) In their eyes (and mine) Gary the Squirrel is a folk hero. They ask me 'when will it come back'.

You could say I am "just happy to be here".

Maow

• Policemans heel
« Reply #876 on: June 03, 2014, 09:12:18 AM »
New poster, some time lurker. I've been listening to the show for a few years, called a couple of times when I visited the States a few years back. Joined now solely to get access to the show's download archive, I want to make that clear.

JeSStradiol

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #877 on: August 15, 2014, 11:26:02 PM »
Hello Tom and all the FOTs.  I heard about The Best Show in  2013 while listening to archive episodes of Marc Marons WTF. I started listening and it ended just as I was getting into it.  I listen to a different show on the archives everyday.  It truly is the best and smartest radio show I have ever heard so thank you Tom.  I'm excited for the triumphant return.  This site is great.  As someone who is new to big chunks of the shows lore this has been a cool resource.  I was able to figure out most of the sound collage clips but when I couldn't the thread about it helped me out every time. Thanks to all the FOTs who have been really nice on Twitter. I hadn't posted here yet but I wanted to say hello formally. So, hello everyone. I'm pleased to know you.

"When Rod Roddy died, The Price is Right didn't stop."
"Nothing from Fletch is making it on this list. NOTHING!!!"

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #878 on: August 16, 2014, 11:50:00 PM »
I hadn't posted here yet but I wanted to say hello formally.

Hello. And welcome.

Thanks for being classy and not just posting numbers or nonsense.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

JeSStradiol

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #879 on: August 19, 2014, 10:57:25 AM »
Numbers serve their purpose, nonsense can be amusing. But I think when it becomes to first impressions it's best to just be polite and say hello. Thanks again for the warm welcome.

"Hello. And welcome.
Thanks for being classy and not just posting numbers or nonsense."
"Nothing from Fletch is making it on this list. NOTHING!!!"

The Gentleman Gh0st

• Policemans heel
« Reply #880 on: September 25, 2014, 02:37:29 PM »
Hello all.

I lost my job just in time to prep for the new Best Show!

Now I'm normally a lurker who feels he doesn't have much to contribute but hey I heard about the 50post easter egg and I guess it's time to step up to get my rep up!
"If peeves were pets I was an animal hoarder at this thing"

CactusClothesline

• Policemans heel
« Reply #881 on: October 01, 2014, 01:28:26 AM »

fungi

• Policemans heel
« Reply #882 on: October 03, 2014, 07:59:54 PM »
Hello friends of Tom! I'm new here and looking forward to the return of the Best Show. Meanwhile, I'll be burning posts to reach 50...

GernBlanston

• Policemans heel
« Reply #883 on: October 08, 2014, 07:18:54 PM »
Hi! Another latecomer here. I first heard The Best Show sometime in the first half of 2013, started listening live not long after.  (Not sure where I first heard about the show, but could have been the much-maligned Podmass.) It quickly become one of my favorite things ever. As I thrilled to the sounds of Frankie Teardrop challenges, Pigpen analysis, and The Sound Collage I was continually asking myself, "where has this been my whole life and why didn't I discover it sooner?" Been listening to the archives ever since, and I will echo what others have said about this forum being extremely helpful in filling in the gaps of the show's history. Thanks people! Can't wait for Tom's return!

stubing

• Policemans heel
« Reply #884 on: October 12, 2014, 09:40:15 PM »
I never thought I would do this...