Author Topic: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!  (Read 290851 times)

crud191919

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!
« Reply #900 on: November 17, 2014, 04:48:37 PM »
Hi guys.  Long time/first time here.  Eagerly awaiting the return of TBS, in whatever form it takes.

Kal_El

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #901 on: November 19, 2014, 04:07:31 PM »
Hi, I didn't discover Best Show until the last year but I've listened to quite a few of the archive. Great stuff! I'm really looking forward to it's return.

Dane in DC

• Policemans heel
« Reply #902 on: December 13, 2014, 06:40:57 PM »
Hey all,

I'm new to the boards but been listening for several years. I'm flattered I was able to speak with Tom on today's Test Show. Hope you're all as excited as I am!

I'll be sticking around, I'm Dane in DC.

Best Show for Life!
"What one man can do, another can do!"

josh c

• Policemans heel
« Reply #903 on: December 13, 2014, 09:51:03 PM »
Hello board!

Long time board lurker, first time poster. Registered this last year when the show was winding down, so it seems right to start using it as the show begins anew.

jonny.mono

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #904 on: December 16, 2014, 08:55:21 PM »
Hello! Listener of the show from about 2002 onward. Never bothered to check out this board before now but I've run short of other people to talk to about this show, so here I am.

thankuveramuch

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #905 on: December 16, 2014, 09:40:51 PM »
Hey Everybody,
I'm Seth from GA.  I'm a history teacher and family man. I also once misquoted Scar Face live on the Best Show...to my eternal chagrin.

demondenim

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #906 on: December 17, 2014, 11:18:29 AM »
Hey Everybody,
I'm Seth from GA.  I'm a history teacher and family man. I also once misquoted Scar Face live on the Best Show...to my eternal chagrin.

...and yet it led to a funny call during the triumphant return of The Best Show. I'd say it all worked out.

firewalkwithme

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #907 on: December 17, 2014, 03:21:20 PM »
Yet another latecomer here.  My roommate turned me on to the archives over summer and I've been taking as much in as I can ever since.  Excited to be on board for the return, and to be able to hear it in real time!

euphoriafish

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #908 on: December 22, 2014, 07:30:47 PM »
Hi, I'm Teresa from Bugger All, KY as seen on TV's Constantine.  I've been listening for a long time, since about 2009 or so when I found the show through Twitter and podcast mentions, but am just starting to get brave enough to say hi.  I love the garage rock that Tom plays and am now exploring the bands on Hozac Records -- Wow, I was already listening to The DumDum Girls and finally noticed their label. 

I am so glad The Best Show is back!
Looking for keyboard lute bandmates in Lord of the Rings Online to play songs from Spaced Out (Shatner and Nimoy) and any other greatest hits.  Find Percabald on Brandywine server most days 9-12 US cst, O to friend, IM to IM.  30 min maybe to new hobbit minstrel with lute.

Cameron M.

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #909 on: December 26, 2014, 06:09:44 PM »
Hello everyone,

My name is Cameron and I live in Toronto. I've been listening for years but I've never used the forum before as it seemed too daunting. Since the show came back I decided that I'd give this a try.

Well, see you out there.

euphoriafish

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #910 on: December 27, 2014, 07:47:57 PM »
Hello everyone,

My name is Cameron and I live in Toronto. I've been listening for years but I've never used the forum before as it seemed too daunting. Since the show came back I decided that I'd give this a try.

Well, see you out there.

Hi Cameron!  Me too with the feeling like the forum was daunting!  I hope we catch up with the community!

I noticed today there is a Facebook group now if you need something to remind you to come back, and we can help the show by sharing this as well as the iTunes link.  https://www.facebook.com/thebestshowdotnet?fref=ts
Looking for keyboard lute bandmates in Lord of the Rings Online to play songs from Spaced Out (Shatner and Nimoy) and any other greatest hits.  Find Percabald on Brandywine server most days 9-12 US cst, O to friend, IM to IM.  30 min maybe to new hobbit minstrel with lute.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #911 on: December 30, 2014, 10:50:05 AM »

This forum is maybe daunting based on the volume of eclectic knowledge that its denizens have, but the members of it do not hang anyone - even the most "what is this show?" of newbies - out to dry.

I've been a forum grouch on many an Internet board, but it wouldn't occur to me to do it here.

Welcome!
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

mikefrommontreal

• Policemans heel
« Reply #912 on: January 01, 2015, 04:02:09 PM »
Hello all you afishermanautos. Listener for a couple years but first time on the forum.

Jew Heffner

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #913 on: January 15, 2015, 11:40:52 PM »
Hey FOTs! I'm new to the show and new to the board. I love the show, looking forward to getting to know you people!
Twitter: @JPunswick

Andrew F

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #914 on: January 16, 2015, 03:05:18 AM »
Hey FOTs! I'm new to the show and new to the board. I love the show, looking forward to getting to know you people!

WELCOME!
"I'LL SAY IT
YOU'LL HEAR IT
YOU'LL DO IT
I'LL GET IT
YOU'LL LEARN IT
I'LL LIVE WITH IT
AND YOU'LL DIE WITHOUT IT."