Author Topic: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!  (Read 290977 times)

Nose

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!
« Reply #915 on: January 21, 2015, 12:43:40 PM »
Hello FOT! So glad to finally be on the board! My name is Mark Noseworthy (aka Nose). I live in a small Inuit community in Northern Canada (Nain, Labrador) where I teach K-12 music. It's a very isolated place to say the least. The only way in or out is by plane or boat. Also I have to order my food for the year because prices at the store here are through the roof! that was not an easy task considering I don't know what food to make from day to day. All that being said I do love it up here.

Anyway, I've been a best show listener since 2012 and since I decided to stop subscribing to cable I've been listening to the best show almost exclusively. Since the show's hiatus I've been digging into the archives and I'm currently up to middle of 2009. So glad to have the best show back!!!   ;D
Myth?....excuse me. Miss?

grayflannelsuit

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #916 on: January 26, 2015, 11:14:05 PM »
Greetings fellow FOTs! I'm Chris, and I've only been listening to the show since its triumphant return. Finally, a piece of NJ culture I can be proud of!

Anyway, some of you may have seen me on the twitter using the @grayflannelsuit handle, and joining in the frivolity during the show. So there's my exciting story.

scottfot

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #917 on: January 31, 2015, 02:48:39 PM »
Hello all,

My name is Scott. Any listening parties/gatherings in Seattle? Looking to meet up with fellow FOTs

Dads_On_Bikes

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #918 on: February 02, 2015, 08:29:47 PM »
Hello, nice to meet you all,

My name is Theo. Growing up in Minnesota and having been forced to listen to Garrison Keillor on long Saturday car journeys for me entire childhood,  I can't tell you how therapeutic it has been to hear Tom finally give em what he had coming.  Being from Keillor country, I felt alone. But I have finally found like minded people who recognize the racist windbag he is.  His New Midwestern Scandinavian Exceptionalism ideology must be mocked.

Thank you Tom, and FOts,

stamforddan

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #919 on: February 03, 2015, 05:52:08 PM »
Dads_On_Bikes, I second that. FOTs, what say we start #DeletePrairieHome?

Pixmintro

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #920 on: February 07, 2015, 04:32:25 PM »
Hey there Friends of Tom!

I'm Daran, I'm an east coast native and recently moved to Hollywood, CA. Aside from not knowing how to handle 70 degree days in February here, I've been animating at Titmouse for "China, IL" and I've been eating up the archive during work, sooo good!! I got into the Best Show through the Gems, but now I've been rolling through the full episodes since I heard Tom and John Hodgman's Four-Loko 2010 Christmas Special.

I've been lurking for a few months, but man did that Map of Newbridge by JRSly just make me want to start commenting!

mackro

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #921 on: February 17, 2015, 05:10:32 PM »
Hello all,

My name is Scott. Any listening parties/gatherings in Seattle? Looking to meet up with fellow FOTs

Hey Scott! Welcome.  Here in Seattle too.  Nothing announced here has become a thing, unless I missed it.  There are a lot of FOTs in Seattle just based on running into amazed people who recognized my Best Show T-shirts regularly... but most of them are not on this forum.

StevenT

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #922 on: February 26, 2015, 04:14:39 PM »
Hello :)

I'm Steven, from Bloomington IN. Long time listener; I dunno why I waited so long to join the board.  Looking so forward to the show in Chicago next month!

Kurz

• Policemans heel
« Reply #923 on: March 10, 2015, 05:32:52 AM »
Hello all,

I've been lurking the forum for over a year now, but since I responded in another thread I thought I might introduce myself.

So, as mentioned in that other place, I'm from the Netherlands, which isn't a place where The Best Show is really known, or at all for that matter. I got into the show thanks to my stateside then girlfriend, who kept mentioning it to me to no avail for at least six months or so, since for me it's essentially a podcast and I hardly ever listened to podcasts at the time (now I'm quite addicted, but that's another conversation). But then I stayed over there for a month visiting her and there was no avoiding it. Of course after I'd actually heard a show, I was hooked immediately. Sadly, the first and only time I've ever heard the show live was the one in which Tom announced he was quitting, in October of 2013. So the last year I've been digging through the archives, from 2000 to 2005, going through shows especially fast during the summer after the break-up with the woman that got me into it in the first place, until the glorious return of the show late last year. Can't wait for that boxset to arrive!

neckwrestler

• Policemans heel
« Reply #924 on: March 23, 2015, 02:07:23 PM »
Hello Friends

I'm Ryan from Arkansas.  I'm extremely new to The Best Show, slowly trying to figure out where I want to dive in and get acquainted.  So far, I'm working through a mixture of old and new as well as best-of's and perusing these forums. 

Mr. King

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #925 on: March 24, 2015, 11:59:05 PM »
Hello,

I'm new here.  I'm Mr. King.  I live in Chicago.

Thank you.

OK.

liz_noise

• Policemans heel
« Reply #926 on: March 25, 2015, 09:09:43 AM »
Hey, Mr. King! Welcome!

Ad

• Policemans heel
« Reply #927 on: March 28, 2015, 04:33:09 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I just wrote a very similar post on the burner string, but just noticed this one.

I used to be on this board a few years ago under the name AdamM. I'm not sure why I left--I certainly never stopped listening to the show. That's neither here Nora, there, but when I tried to come back I had long since forgotten my password. For whatever reason, the retrieval methods weren't working, so I am reborn as Ad.

Glad to be back.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #928 on: March 28, 2015, 11:35:52 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I just wrote a very similar post on the burner string, but just noticed this one.

I used to be on this board a few years ago under the name AdamM. I'm not sure why I left--I certainly never stopped listening to the show. That's neither here Nora, there, but when I tried to come back I had long since forgotten my password. For whatever reason, the retrieval methods weren't working, so I am reborn as Ad.

Glad to be back.

We will credit you with 12 additional posts (figuratively).
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Ad

• Policemans heel
« Reply #929 on: March 31, 2015, 08:02:33 PM »

We will credit you with 12 additional posts (figuratively).

Awww...Thanks, Buffcoat!