Author Topic: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!  (Read 290935 times)

quiznatodd

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!
« Reply #945 on: November 19, 2015, 04:48:37 PM »
Hi everyone, Canadian fan, been listening since the return, now part of my weekly routine. Digging into youtube and WFMU classics. became a member in light of the Google thing, I've got an idea

clodhopper

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #946 on: February 26, 2016, 11:02:56 AM »
Stephen from Virginia, originally from Jersey, here. Huge fan, came from Hollywood Handbook of all places. Listening through the older stuff, loving the new show. I like when the occasional S&W bit doesn't end in a death threat. My favorite is the lying plumber (I can't remember his name).

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #947 on: February 26, 2016, 11:54:03 AM »
Stephen Jennings!
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #948 on: February 26, 2016, 08:28:06 PM »
Stephen Jennings!
Steve Jennings is the US Hospitality sector leader and principal!
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

X-raythepharaoh

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #949 on: March 01, 2016, 07:53:15 PM »
hello everybody I'm Odai, British fan and i've been listening to The Best Show ever since it came back last year

The 3 hours of Mirth,Music & Mayhem always brightens up my Tuesday evening

Roast Duck

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #950 on: April 16, 2016, 08:36:19 PM »
Hey FOTs!  New-ish fan here from Canada; I started listening to the podcast about a year ago, but had heard many isolated bits over the years (the Bernie Taupin one is what hooked me).  First heard of Tom via some excerpts from the old show that were posted on the music blog Said the Gramophone.  I'm a PhD candidate in English lit, and I will occasionally quote Tom in class, to occasional laughs and frequent blank stares from my students. 

DrFrog

• Policemans heel
« Reply #951 on: May 01, 2016, 01:46:38 PM »
Hi Friends.

I want the download archive, but I don't want to spam post... This is a serious problem for me.

wat do?

hairdryer

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #952 on: May 02, 2016, 09:05:59 AM »
There's a spam thread.

Mr. Truth

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #953 on: June 14, 2016, 11:57:16 PM »
Fairly new listener here... this might sound incredibly silly but I actually first heard Tom through his (excellent) VA work on Steven Universe and since the show's creator Rebecca Sugar talked about how good The Best Show was, I decided to check out some clips and found myself on the floor laughing incredibly hard. I finally decided to just listen to the show live a few weeks ago and after commenting on Twitter I realized that this place was still here, so here I am. Enjoying the ride so far!

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #954 on: June 21, 2016, 08:12:42 PM »
Fairly new listener here... this might sound incredibly silly but I actually first heard Tom through his (excellent) VA work on Steven Universe and since the show's creator Rebecca Sugar talked about how good The Best Show was, I decided to check out some clips and found myself on the floor laughing incredibly hard. I finally decided to just listen to the show live a few weeks ago and after commenting on Twitter I realized that this place was still here, so here I am. Enjoying the ride so far!
Still where?
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Unwashed Slob

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #955 on: November 13, 2016, 04:13:57 PM »
Hi!  I'm Ivy, long time listener, first time poster.  Felt inspired and wanted to introduce myself after finally hearing the fantastic "2006" episode, my reaction was that the world was ending, so why not be social now?  Love the show, will invoke the box set rule if I ever get a chance to listen live and call in, this show got me through two Navy deployment cruises.  Favorite character: Hippie Johnny.

theWhatReally

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #956 on: April 06, 2017, 01:43:08 PM »
Hi everyone

I listen to the show at work and love it. The guy who calls in and asks tom about the BeeGees makes me laugh hard. I dont have to give a criticism here but I will offer one. Take it easy on the male callers, or at least treat the women callers similarly. Do women need to be coddled???

as a black woman in her late 40's I think equality is important.

IowaRob

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #957 on: April 06, 2017, 04:55:44 PM »
Hey I'm Rob, I live in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, "The City of Five Seasons".  I live across the river from the Quaker Oats plant, so every Tuesday it smells like Crunch Berries in my neighborhood.

I've  Been listening for 3 years, first time posting.  I never listen live, so I wanted to get in on some conversations about the show without having to attempt to call in clueless.

Grew up in Iowa, moved to Philly for a number of years, then Chicago for a year, then LA for 6 excruciatingly long months, then Vail CO for a year, now I'm back to my home state.

I have a dog named Murphy.  I'm 36.  I'm a graphic designer. I formerly tour managed for members of Wu-Tang Clan among other rappers and bands, so I used to think I was a cool guy.  I'm definitely not under that delusion anymore. 

Hi Everyone,
Rob

marsdentrainfan

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #958 on: April 14, 2017, 05:08:32 PM »
Hi everyone! My name is Marsden, and I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. I've been listening to show for about five years but this is my first time posting.

I sell cheese to restaurants and grocery stores for a living, but I'm going back to school this fall to study History.

softserve

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #959 on: August 30, 2017, 07:27:50 PM »
Hi all! softserve here to serve it up! Relatively new listener of a few years. I love TBS and listen religiously. I work as a cook in a restaurant and my buddy who works in the basement with me pretends he does not enjoy the show but I see his ears perk up whenever something funny is going on. I live in philadelphia (from North Carolina) and can confirm that a lot of the Boy Roy comments and characterizations are SPOT ON. I'm sure no one doubts this.
Glad to be here!
mmmmmmhmmmmm