Author Topic: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!  (Read 290953 times)

Gibby

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2008, 12:16:47 PM »
Hey all, this is Gibby from Manchester (UK). I'm going to call the show when I finish this night job. I've only been listening for two years, it's about bloody time.
"How do they see you when there's no light?"

<<<<<

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2008, 12:42:49 PM »
Any friend of Tom/WFMU is a friend of mine.   8)

(Obligatory "except that one guy" clause.) 

John Junk 2.0

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2008, 01:01:20 PM »
This is a good thread.

Fido

• Space Champion!
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2008, 01:37:02 PM »
This is a very good thread. It's like the Welcome Wagon for the FOT Forum!

It would also be great to have a thread called "where the bodies are hidden." (Just kidding.)

emma

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2008, 05:19:24 PM »
It would also be great to have a thread called "where the bodies are hidden." (Just kidding.)

New people should know: he is not kidding.

Spoony

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2008, 05:43:27 PM »
Hello. This is Curtis from Austin, Texas.
To answer the first question this raises: the last time I saw Harry Knowles was in a restaurant. He was ridin' his Rascal.

True story, I saw Harry Knowles parked on his Rascal in a parking lot of Carmine's, where the girls on rollerskates bring your food out to your car. The poor waitress' skates gave out from underneath her when she tried to bring his giant tray of food out to him. Her skates shot out from beneath her and she went down. She sprained an ankle and was covered in a bakers dozen of blue-cheese burgers. It was awful.

Welcome you guys. It's great to meet you.

C

TheShamblers

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2008, 09:36:16 PM »
Hello-- Peter and Jess from Bay Ridge here.  Long time listeners, rookie forum posters.  We ask, please, give our first few posts a pass.  We're new at this!

Fido

• Space Champion!
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2008, 12:08:45 AM »

New people should know: he is not kidding.

OK, so maybe I was "kidding on the square" (kidding around but actually serious).

hugman

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2008, 02:04:35 PM »
Hi. I'm Joel from Hollywood.
I've had this song stuck in my head for weeks.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/juAiVW5PzNI&hl=en&fs=1"></embed></object>

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2008, 03:07:56 PM »
Hello-- Peter and Jess from Bay Ridge here.  Long time listeners, rookie forum posters.  We ask, please, give our first few posts a pass.  We're new at this!

Nice catch on those Genelecs!
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

macm2010

• Policemans heel
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2008, 03:34:32 PM »
Hello all.

My name is Mac.  Sadly, I'm not the Mac that called in and talked to Jimmy Crespo a few years ago.  A different, older Mac, from New Mexico.  His name was, I believe, McLean, like the gentleman from MASH that Mr. Zeigler and I will be voting for in November.  I'm someone else.

Anyway, greetings. And Fido - I dig the use of "kidding on the square." Use it all the time, myself.

Raffy

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2008, 03:51:06 PM »
Hi, my name is Adam and I live in Los Angeles. I've been listening to The Best Show for about a month and a half and I'm devouring the archives with rabid devotion. I'm also a member of the Marky Ramone street team.

TheShamblers

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2008, 10:26:05 AM »
Thanks Omar!  And an ongoing thanks for the recaps!  So good.

Spoony

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2008, 03:01:31 PM »

You two are posting as a team? Such unity! I ask that you give us a pass. Great to meet someone in Bay Ridge also.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2008, 09:00:14 PM »
I'm Steve from Bloomington.  I'm a personal branding consultant and life coach.  Not really.  I'm another IT drone.  Have enjoyed this forum: besides the TBSOWFMU stuff it is like I have found an isolated enclave of people who remember and like bands from way back when like Shudder To Think and Polvo and what not.  I am old.