Author Topic: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!  (Read 291037 times)

gedgengras

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2008, 04:45:59 PM »
hi
i'm ged, i live and rock in east los angeles
i started listening a couple of years ago, was turned on by my buddies in the bklyn band Heavy Winged after a long discussion about Tim & Eric
finally decided to register and post and stop being a lurker
i also like weird psych records, drone music, achewood, ted leo (one of my first 'punk' shows, back in '99-'00ish), patton oswalt, zach galifianakis, tower recordings, free jazz, mexican food, and modular synthesizers.

Ceol

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2008, 06:23:17 PM »
hi
i'm ged, i live and rock in east los angeles
i started listening a couple of years ago, was turned on by my buddies in the bklyn band Heavy Winged after a long discussion about Tim & Eric
finally decided to register and post and stop being a lurker
i also like weird psych records, drone music, achewood, ted leo (one of my first 'punk' shows, back in '99-'00ish), patton oswalt, zach galifianakis, tower recordings, free jazz, mexican food, and modular synthesizers.
You sound like a guy I would be friends with.

Forrest

« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2008, 08:49:44 PM »
I had no doubt that there was an uptick in new members, but a quick look at the stats shows that it was more than an uptick. August had a huge surge. I'm not sure what caused this, but it looks like the World Domination plan is already in full swing. Wlcome Ged, Nick, and all newcomers!

oilcantim

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2008, 09:18:30 PM »
I am actually a renowned expert in the field of Fonz Studies, but I will be there for a residency at the University of Wisconsin.  Totep and I might attempt a mini FOT meetup if yer interested.

UW's finally approved a Fonzology department?  They're finally starting to think about the future.  Of academia.

(And yeah, I'm pro-meet up.)

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2008, 09:41:52 PM »
Awesome.  I've kind of blacked out my Milwaukee trip in my head because I've been trying to get my semester off the ground (teaching at Rutgers is my day job) but I'll be there 9/12-15.  I will try to hook anyone up who wants with free tickets to 1001, but if you're UW students you probably get in for free anyway.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2008, 09:47:03 PM »
Look, if you're coming here to research "The Fonz," you should know he isn't a real person. 

I think you have to travel to York, PA, if you're interested in the real-life Fonzie.

Grote, you should get a residency at Penn State York or the York College of Pennsylvania.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2008, 10:01:19 PM »
There's been a bit of a schism with the Gorchists.  It's kind of unprofessional for me to talk about it here.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

HumanBeing

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2008, 10:09:44 PM »
Hello FOTs, my name is kevin and i am in north carolina, I have been listening for a couple of years. The show has gotten me through many a rough day of work, and I would like to thank you all for that, especially Tom and Jon. 

Viceroy Slim

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2008, 10:48:59 AM »
I'm andy. My friends all think i've been to philadelphia, but i've never been to philadelphia.

I love, above all other things, the rockford files, gold, and women.
i was wearing short pants when you were in curls.

Hoboken Brian

• Policemans heel
« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2008, 12:50:22 PM »
Hi Fot.

As my name suggests, my name is Brian and I live in the weird disputed territory that last I knew was east Williamsburg -- I've heard it called everything from Williamsburg to Greenpoint to E. Williamsburg to Bushwick. I haven't moved in 4 years but the neighborhood keeps changing its name. It's near McGolrick park but on the other side of the BQE.

I haven't been listening too long, just about 6 months. I'm also a staunch supporter of Philly Boy Roy for Mayor of Newbridge.

And I know more about pro wrestling than anyone else here. Not bragging, just statement of fact.
(Photo of shirtless Dick Cavett lounging on a horse goes here)

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2008, 04:35:52 PM »
and dont forget to post your picture: http://www.friendsoftom.com/forum/index.php/topic,51.0.html

there's a lot of good looking people on this board; what you look like truly matters.

Namey

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2008, 11:04:56 PM »
Hey FOT!

My name is Matt. I'm from Tallahassee. I have a car and I am openly anti-Hitler.

I started listening to the podcast and archives around the beginning of the year and joined the forum shortly before this topic was started. Thank you Tom, Jon, Mike and everyone else who contributes to making The Best Show the... um... most good program.

Quilombo

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #72 on: September 06, 2008, 04:24:32 PM »
Hello Fs O T!
I'm Paul and I live in Spain. I signed up so I could vote for Hammerhead, and Zachary Brimstead, and Mike, and PBR. I've been listening for 3 years, if it hadn't been for the Best Show I might never have watched classics such as The Wire or Class of 1984... or erm, Juno..... or Philip Defranco...eeugh
I watched Road House with Tom's soundtrack yesterday. Amazing! "Come on down lady- before I punch you in the face too"

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2008, 06:36:25 PM »
Hello Fs O T!
I'm Paul and I live in Spain. I signed up so I could vote for Hammerhead, and Zachary Brimstead, and Mike, and PBR. I've been listening for 3 years, if it hadn't been for the Best Show I might never have watched classics such as The Wire or Class of 1984... or erm, Juno..... or Philip Defranco...eeugh
I watched Road House with Tom's soundtrack yesterday. Amazing! "Come on down lady- before I punch you in the face too"

There's a Tom soundtrack to Roadhouse?

Tell me more.

Denim Gremlin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2008, 08:37:51 PM »
Hello Fs O T!

There's a Tom soundtrack to Roadhouse?

Tell me more.

Tom did a show where acted out Roadhouse in it's entirety.

http://www.wfmu.org/listen.ram?show=11956&archive=14526
I was the first guy in hardcore to whip people with his belt.