Author Topic: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!  (Read 290907 times)

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
Re: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!
« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2008, 09:55:14 PM »
Oh thanks.  I'm learning new stuff every day here.

Hello Fs O T!
I'm Paul and I live in Spain. I signed up so I could vote for Hammerhead, and Zachary Brimstead, and Mike, and PBR. I've been listening for 3 years, if it hadn't been for the Best Show I might never have watched classics such as The Wire or Class of 1984... or erm, Juno..... or Philip Defranco...eeugh
I watched Road House with Tom's soundtrack yesterday. Amazing! "Come on down lady- before I punch you in the face too"

There's a Tom soundtrack to Roadhouse?

Tell me more.

Tom did a show where acted out Roadhouse in it's entirety.

http://www.wfmu.org/listen.ram?show=11956&archive=14526

jct

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2008, 06:41:07 PM »
Hello All, My name is Jeff and I live in Springfield, MO. I have been listening to the show for a few years now, and have called in on one occasion.  I have been a card carrying FOT for a little over a year now.  I am a naturally shy and nervous person, and am currently experiencing mild anxiety as I type this.  I love the show, and love the community that surrounds it.  I hope that you all will love me in return.

Phil

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2008, 06:54:13 PM »
Hi everybody. I'm Phil from Fargo. I stumbled across the best show on iTunes one day about a year or so ago.

I always loved getting the WFMU music catalog in the mail back in high school & college. One day I searched "WFMU" the iTunes store to see what podcasts were out there. I subscribed to Best Show and haven't looked back. I look forward to it every week.

I also introduced Todd from Fargo (aka Todbot) to the show.

Bob from Toronto

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2008, 11:54:00 PM »
I'm new here and it's quite exciting. I've been listening to The Best Show for over a year now and finally had the nerve to log on to the highly coveted FOT forum.

emma

« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2008, 12:01:38 AM »
I'm new here and it's quite exciting. I've been listening to The Best Show for over a year now and finally had the nerve to log on to the highly coveted FOT forum.

You are my peeps! Welcome, neighbour.

studiode

• Policemans heel
« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2008, 12:41:26 AM »
My name is Tom, from St. Louis.

I've been listening for about 3 months now. I found the podcast through listening to some other comedy podcasts, all of which are dead to me now.

The Best Show has so far caused me a large lack of sleep from listening to the archives, and social isolation from often not answering my phone when listening to the show.

I LOVE IT!

p.s. I now have no control over smiling whenever I hear someone ask "Why?"

powiva

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2008, 06:34:25 PM »
Hi Everybody.

emma

« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2008, 06:40:12 PM »
Hey.

kellie-bow-belly

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2008, 09:08:08 PM »
Hello everyone.  I am a long time listener, but new to the forum. 

Kellie

puar

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2008, 10:54:38 AM »
Hi, everyone! I'm Jaelle from boring Tallahassee. I also like long walks on the beach and nice dinners...

The Best Show is the Best!  ;D

akaJudge

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #85 on: September 10, 2008, 11:01:49 AM »
Hey hey.  I'm Jeff from Dallas, I've been listening to the podcast for a few months and have recently been moving upwards through the archives.  There's really no reason I can't listen on Tuesday nights, so hopefully I'll be around then, too.
Your vigor for life appalls me.

Mike

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2008, 08:52:58 PM »
Hi everybody! I'm a librarian/archivist living in Rochester, New York, and I've been listening for around a year.  Also: are there others besides myself who are rooting for Zachary Brimstead to take the election?

Jennifer

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2008, 10:27:19 PM »
Hi everybody! I'm a librarian/archivist living in Rochester, New York, and I've been listening for around a year.  Also: are there others besides myself who are rooting for Zachary Brimstead to take the election?

Yes! But he's splitting my vote with AP Mike/Pudge/Philly Boy Roy.

(Nice to see another upstate NY person on the board.)

samir

• Space Champion!
« Reply #88 on: September 12, 2008, 01:37:55 PM »
Hi, everyone! I'm Jaelle from boring Tallahassee. I also like long walks on the beach and nice dinners...

The Best Show is the Best!  ;D

Wow, you AND someone in the chat the other day, holdin' it down for the 8-5-0!
"Son, there's a thin line between crazed and rabid"

Nicksy

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #89 on: September 12, 2008, 03:22:25 PM »
My name is Nicksy. I am a long time Best Show fan and card holding FoT. I signed up for the FoT Forum to vote for Mike for the Mayor of Newbridge, but could always use some more lullz in my life.

I like fried egg sandwiches, youtube interviews with Jim Reid and William Reid, throwing little things at bigger things, and pets who think they are people.
hey what's up