Author Topic: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!  (Read 290979 times)

Danny J.

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!
« Reply #165 on: December 17, 2008, 05:27:38 PM »
Been listening to the show for a little under a year and think it's absolutely one of the funniest things ever.  Thanks also for introducing me to Big Dipper, the anthology is in constant rotation! - Danny (Los Angeles)

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #166 on: December 17, 2008, 10:20:52 PM »
Hey, guys! I'm Raj (from Bristow, VA). Yeah, I've called TBS a handful o' times. Listened to the show on-n-off for past four years, blog for 7SD. Read through this forum, seems like a strong social nerve that I'd like to stop by.

Big shout-outs to Jason Grote and David from Virginia, FOTs who've I've met face-to-face, FB buddy Miami Laurie, and Petey who I've corresponded via mail. and Big "nice to meet-ya's" to evreyFOT else.

And a tip-o-the-hat to Tom. The shows are going great. Please don't stop.

r(sk)

Howdy, Raj!  Great to see you here.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

ShawnFromUtah

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #167 on: December 19, 2008, 06:56:29 PM »
Hi, folks. I'm Shawn from Utah and I've gone from barely TBS-familiar to mildly obsessed in just a few weeks. I drive a bookmobile in two rural counties and have really been enjoying the Best Show podcast and tons of the Vault material as I cruise around, checking out books. Tom helps me to remember that there's a beautiful absurd world beyond the confines of the Zion Curtain (that's what non-Mormons call the UT state line.)

I probably won't be calling the show anytime soon (library work responsibilities, of course) but I'll continue to dig deeper and deeper into its online presence. I used to host a couple of community radio shows in Colorado a few years ago and I can definitely appreciate the difficulty and beauty of the work that Tom and Jon deliver in their three hours of on-air time each week. So, um...good guys win! Bad guys die!
You can't make fun of the new guy. Maybe the Bad Brains can get away with it, I don't know.

joe

• Policemans heel
« Reply #168 on: December 19, 2008, 09:27:37 PM »
Hi, everybody!  My name's Joe, I live in Pennsylvania and I've been listening for about a year.  I'm a huge Mountain Goats fan, which is how I became aware of Jon Wurster and then the Best Show.  I've never called in and probably won't any time soon, but I may start posting here occasionally.

petefromqueens

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #169 on: December 22, 2008, 01:24:37 PM »
Pete from Queens here.

New to the Best Show -- been listening for a little over 2 months.  My roommate got me into the show and I've been listening ever since!

Also following on Twitter!

Happy Holidays!

betheboy

« Reply #170 on: December 22, 2008, 07:14:26 PM »
New FOT, been listening for about 8 months I've been watching the chat and I'm finally jumping into the forum.  You guys are awesome and make a great show even more enjoyable.    Thanks to Tom and all of the FOT for bringing so much joy to my life.

Blair from Glasgow

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #171 on: December 23, 2008, 05:10:39 PM »
Hello forum and indeed Tom. Been listening to the podcast for over a year now. Being a huge music fan I was always well aware of WFMU even in Bonnie Scotland. It wasn't until I got an ipod and searched for decent comedy shows that I stumbled apon this. It's now the thing I look forward to the most. I remember discovering Zach Galifianakis around the same time as Scharpling and Wurster... that was a great time  ;D

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #172 on: December 23, 2008, 05:32:50 PM »
Welcome newcomers, and Happy Holidays to you all!

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #173 on: December 23, 2008, 07:33:10 PM »
Peace and Feliz Navidad to the new people!

blockhead

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #174 on: December 24, 2008, 08:15:45 AM »
I've been listening for about a year.  The first episode i listened to was last year's Best Of, and that hooked me.  I especially loved all the overly dramatic threats on Tom's life.  Marky Ramone and Philly Boy Roy are faves, too.  I think i found the show via The Sound of Young America, from that episode where Jesse interviewed Seven Second Delay.  I listen via podcast, since i live in NC and don't have the internet at home (i illicitly download it from work).

TheIlluminati

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #175 on: December 26, 2008, 06:31:02 AM »
Hey Everyone,

New to the forum and the show. I've been listening for about a month and love it. Podcasts get me through work and the gym.

Also following on Twitter.

Illuminati

pizzaparty

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #176 on: January 02, 2009, 05:51:50 AM »
Hello.  New to the forum. I've been listening to The Best Show for over a year, tried to get my co-workers to listen to the show, but then I was laid off.  By the way, my name's Joe and I'm in SF.

Evander

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #177 on: January 03, 2009, 01:16:26 AM »
I just started listening to the show because of the Zach Galifianakis interview, and Tom kept mentioning the forum so I thought I'd go ahead and register.

TDFlynn

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #178 on: January 09, 2009, 09:47:43 PM »
Hi,

I'm Dan and I've been listening to the show for several months. I'm a cartoonist and I play video games. Follow me on Twitter if you want a more in depth look at who I am and how I think.

Thanks!

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #179 on: January 09, 2009, 10:30:44 PM »
hey Dan,

youve now joined the ranks of online FOTs who are also illustrators, etc. and theyre all very talented.  that being said, i like your work.