Author Topic: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!  (Read 290852 times)

redmedicine

• Policemans heel
Re: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!
« Reply #180 on: January 10, 2009, 12:48:47 AM »
Since I finally took the time to choose an avatar (Crosby in a cape was too hard to ignore), I figured I should say hi officially.  I started listening after Tom's tussle with the Poster Children.  Their podcast, Radio Zero, was the first podcast I listened to.  The episodes with Zeph Marshack and the guy who soaked touring bands sleeping bags were enough to get me hooked.  I'm a sucker for all of the music jokes (Dischord records, drummers who use gloves, I Ron, etc).  Along those lines, I think it's time we heard from Bryce again! 

Oh, and as a Portlander, I've seen lots of street trash, and had the honor of seeing Pig Champion (RIP) in the flesh when Poison Idea opened up for Nirvana at Portland Meadows.  That was before Pig started using a chair on stage.

Dashem El Hibbee

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #181 on: January 10, 2009, 08:04:24 PM »
Hello everyone from FOT Dashem in rainy Seattle.
A Proud Celebrant of Mystery Meat Heritage

Moondog

• Policemans heel
« Reply #182 on: January 14, 2009, 07:13:22 AM »
Wanted to say hello and extend a hearty thanks to the entire Best Show/FOT universe. I have been listening since July 08 and currently i'm devouring the vast wasteland that is the Best Show archive. In an effort to give back, I pulled some strings with the higher ups at my local (West Virginia) Consolidated Cardboard™ warehouse and have unearthed a rare photo of a Consolidated Cardboard™ prototype product. A small note was affixed to the photo which reads:
Product: IGOMP-36KT000
Production: Discontinued
I'm suprised Tom kept this under wraps.
photo link:http://www.thefluffconstruct.com/detail-stages6.html
Before we had Snoop Dogg, we had Moondog

Sarah

« Reply #183 on: January 14, 2009, 08:07:40 AM »
the vast wasteland that is the Best Show archive.

Pretty cruel, Moondog.

Moondog

• Policemans heel
« Reply #184 on: January 14, 2009, 11:07:47 AM »
Pretty cruel, Moondog.

Wasn't meant to be cruel, but facing the archive as a lone wanderer is mighty intimidating. Thank goodness I have these tanks of gasoline and my trusty dog to accompany me down the highway of enlightenment.
Before we had Snoop Dogg, we had Moondog

Sveden

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #185 on: January 14, 2009, 02:55:32 PM »
Hello from MPLS. Discovered WFMU back in November and have become huge fans of "Best Show" and "Shut Up, Weirdo!".

markfrompasadena

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #186 on: January 14, 2009, 09:31:27 PM »
Hi all, I'm Mark from Pasadena, CA. Got into Best Show about 2 years ago via a Paul F. Tompkins myspace posting. I think that was also the last time myspace was relevant. I've been an avid Best Show listener ever since. Doing my best to get all my friends and family into the show as well. I've been using Tom's "Mamma Mia!" review as an introduction to newbies. I don't want to overwhelm with the Newbridge mythology just yet.

Looking forward to PBR's mayoral reign in 2009!

orator

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #187 on: January 16, 2009, 07:06:48 AM »
hello from the hot pit called Arizona

been listening for a year or two. i think i found it from either a Zach Galifianakis interview, or the Jon Benjamin interview about Home Movies.
"Come partake of my fruit baskets."

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #188 on: January 16, 2009, 10:52:34 AM »
orator,

i moved to AZ in 2001 before leaving in 2005.  in fact, im living in phoenix for now, soon to be back in memphis, but in the meantime, its nice to know im not all alone in the desert. 

MattJohnson

• Policemans heel
« Reply #189 on: January 19, 2009, 04:21:21 AM »
Well, I've been registered for a while but never bothered posting. With this post, I suppose I have changed that.

mcphee from the forum

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #190 on: January 20, 2009, 01:39:29 PM »
one in here
My mommy made me boots.

kittykittymeowmixhead

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #191 on: January 23, 2009, 10:01:06 AM »
Hi Friends!!!

amy leigh

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #192 on: January 27, 2009, 08:51:01 PM »
hi from toronto!

Alvaro from GM

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #193 on: January 27, 2009, 10:55:44 PM »
Hi, this is Alvaro in Glen Mills.  I am trying to call in more and possibly trying to post on this forum more. 

I do comics and rap music: http://herecomesthethunder.com

How's everyone doing?

cartoonmonkey

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #194 on: January 30, 2009, 01:29:09 AM »
Hey fellow FOT. Long time card carrying FOT here, hailing from Portland Oregon. I have a small animation company, and some stuff to check out over at cartoonmonkey.com
Yo!