Author Topic: Hey New People - Any Questions?  (Read 84781 times)

fonpr

• Space Champion!
Re: Hey New People - Any Questions?
« Reply #150 on: September 28, 2009, 09:29:34 PM »
Hope it's cool.

Personally, it disturbs me.

But you better ask Buffcoat.

oh boy.  I knew this was a bad idea.  Sorry it disturbs you, Fredericks.

I guess it's up to you, Mr. Buffcoat, sir? 

Accepted.

We eventually need a concordance, I can't ever remember what Dorvid's going by these days.
I Concur
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

JustNicole

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #151 on: September 28, 2009, 10:04:17 PM »
I appreciate it  :)
Doing it Mentos style.

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #152 on: September 28, 2009, 11:39:37 PM »
We eventually need a concordance, I can't ever remember what Dorvid's going by these days.

Dorvid has now assumed the name Barry Egan.
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #153 on: September 29, 2009, 09:35:36 AM »

Dorvid has now assumed the name Barry Egan.

Hey ex-TeRG, your irony/sarcasm detector was really in bad shape last night, baby.  But we're still all rooting fer ya!
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #154 on: September 29, 2009, 02:09:40 PM »
Hello all since this is the place where apparently all life question are answer, for new folks to the FOT boards, I need help. Im trying to listen to old best show archives (pre pop up player) but cant seem to be able to. I downloaded the most recent Realaudio player but it doesnt seem to be able to play it or even load it. Is there a certain Real Audio or other player I should be using to listen. Any help would be very appreciated

Hi Tony. Have a look at this page for tips.

Tony

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #155 on: October 07, 2009, 04:00:39 AM »
Hello all since this is the place where apparently all life question are answer, for new folks to the FOT boards, I need help. Im trying to listen to old best show archives (pre pop up player) but cant seem to be able to. I downloaded the most recent Realaudio player but it doesnt seem to be able to play it or even load it. Is there a certain Real Audio or other player I should be using to listen. Any help would be very appreciated

Been there a bunch of times. If some one could give me a direct link to the exact player I need because Ive download like three different ones and none of them seem to work. They just wont download the archive on to it

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #156 on: October 07, 2009, 03:24:38 PM »

Don't be fooled kid, there's no money left on the table there.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #157 on: October 07, 2009, 04:42:59 PM »

Been there a bunch of times. If some one could give me a direct link to the exact player I need because Ive download like three different ones and none of them seem to work. They just wont download the archive on to it

You can't play the stream at all? Or you can't download it onto your computer? As far as I know, there's no easy 1-click solution to downloading streaming audio. They don't want you to download it.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #158 on: October 07, 2009, 06:40:09 PM »
[ As far as I know, there's no easy 1-click solution to downloading streaming audio. They don't want you to download it.

Probably shouldn't post then ehh Bryan.

We want solutions.

Dere.

Tony

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #159 on: October 15, 2009, 03:16:30 AM »

You can't play the stream at all? Or you can't download it onto your computer? As far as I know, there's no easy 1-click solution to downloading streaming audio. They don't want you to download it.

Allow me to explain more. All audio files before pop up player via September 30, 208 are all real audio. Im not trying to down load, im just trying to listen but I can seem to find the right player to play them. Ive been to the help page and Ive down loaded Real audio and real 10 but neither seem to work. Thwy just wont load them, no error is shown or anything,  they just wont load.

As I said before any help would be appreciated

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #160 on: October 15, 2009, 10:10:44 AM »
Allow me to explain more. All audio files before pop up player via September 30, 208 are all real audio. Im not trying to down load, im just trying to listen but I can seem to find the right player to play them. Ive been to the help page and Ive down loaded Real audio and real 10 but neither seem to work. Thwy just wont load them, no error is shown or anything,  they just wont load.

As I said before any help would be appreciated

This is going to sound stupid, but have you tried uninstalling Real Audio (both versions if they're both still on your computer) and then reinstalling? Real Audio is pretty fussy. I had it just simply stop working at one point - nothing happened when I dl-ed a file, just like what you seem to be getting. I removed the real audio player, re-downloaded & installed and it worked fine. btw, this was their troubleshoot when I went to the real audio site too.

the 21st century equivalent of banging your fist on top of the teevee to fix the reception ...
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #161 on: October 15, 2009, 11:10:06 AM »

the 21st century equivalent of banging your fist on top of the teevee to fix the reception ...

Now we're talking!

shaniac

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #162 on: November 02, 2009, 09:33:20 PM »
Hey folks, I hope this is the right place for this noob question:

I've been pouring through the archives (not chronologically), and I am lost as to the real identity of Skag Winesack/Freedom Hawk DJ and others like them  (if you tell me it's Wurster that would blow my mind!). Also, did Skag and his ilk stop calling in sometime during the last 2 or 3 years?

thanks,
Shane

EDIT: NEVERMIND....I coulda also read the first few posts of this thread (or deleted this one).

What a butchering of a first post on a message board.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #163 on: November 02, 2009, 10:01:34 PM »

What a butchering of a first post on a message board.

I really enjoyed your post keep it up.

shaniac

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #164 on: November 02, 2009, 10:55:53 PM »
I do recall a Wurster call where he was talking about a detective show with a character named 'Munch'.

I was actually thinking about that bit recently--doesn't anyone remember the show it appeared on?

also, I didn't see this answered elsewhere: I am under the impression the reason Tom can't discuss Monk or S&W CDs has to do with conflict of interest laws--like you can't promote your own products on your own radio show.