Author Topic: Hey New People - Any Questions?  (Read 84793 times)

JP

• Achilles bursitis
Re: Hey New People - Any Questions?
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2008, 11:46:30 AM »
I'm partial to the Depressed Office Worker series, myself.

Absolutely - the guy who didn't wear a shirt to the office and just lunged at him to like he was going to hit him was so great.

Tanner Wildgrass, the real life inspiration for Patrick Swayzes' character in Roadhouse was my fav. 

In fact as great as the Gorch and Wildgrass are, maybe there's a whole untapped group of individuals out there who are the inspiration behind popular movie characters!
1. My Prerogative - Bobby Brown
2. Every Rose Has Its Thorn - Poison
3. Straight Up - Paula Abdul
4. Miss You Much - Janet Jackson
5. I'll Be There For You - Bon Jovi 
6. Toy Solider - Martika 
7. Good Thing - Fine Young Cannibals

Spoony

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2008, 11:54:24 AM »
Mets Fan vs. Yankees Fan. The archived list starts off amazing. I still listen to this casually, and it's as hilarious as the first time I heard it.

C

crumbum

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2008, 01:08:23 PM »
wow, thanks everyone! I have so much to learn. this thread was a great idea.

Forrest

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2008, 03:37:14 PM »
I believe Earle's last appearance was on Sept. 19, 2006, as Tom's neighbor and High Priest of the Church of Satan, Keith Kincaid. Bryce's call the next week with details on the COS's Fun Faire is indispensable.

J

The Keith Kincaid call was Wurster. Sorry to ruin the fun.

Jouster

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2008, 03:42:06 PM »
Forrest is correct.  Josh might have confused Keith Kincaid with Dennis Lindsey, Tom's other neighbor, who called and gave Tom a hard time about his Halloween setup.  You can hear him on the October 24, 2006 show.

Gilly

• Space Champion!
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2008, 04:34:51 PM »
I always thought Kevin was Matt Walsh. Didn't he do some characters?

Jouster

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2008, 05:11:15 PM »
I think all Matt's characters were done with Jon Benjamin - Yankees fan, Rick Benson's father, Liquid Brooklyn, etc.

And the list is not complete without a mention of Sam Seder.

John M.

• Policemans heel
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2008, 06:00:10 PM »
Ugghh, Liquid Brooklyn sounds so familiar! Anyone want to refresh my memory? I think that I heard the call when there was no new BS episode and an old one was put up for the podcast. I think this happened when Tom was ill for a few weeks in March of '07. That means I have it on CD somewhere. Anyone know the orginal airdate?

Emily

• Space Champion!
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2008, 07:22:50 PM »
Forrest is correct.  Josh might have confused Keith Kincaid with Dennis Lindsey, Tom's other neighbor, who called and gave Tom a hard time about his Halloween setup.  You can hear him on the October 24, 2006 show.

I thought that was really Tom's neighbor...

Dan B

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2008, 09:59:14 PM »
Ugghh, Liquid Brooklyn sounds so familiar! Anyone want to refresh my memory? I think that I heard the call when there was no new BS episode and an old one was put up for the podcast. I think this happened when Tom was ill for a few weeks in March of '07. That means I have it on CD somewhere. Anyone know the orginal airdate?
March 19, 2002. DJ Clue and Liquid Brooklyn.

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2008, 11:17:16 PM »

oh shit
"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."

AllisonLeGnome

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2008, 12:05:22 AM »
I'm only semi-new but I have a question- I've occasionally seen Julie Klausner (who I think is totally great) mentioned as having participated in the show in some way. When did that occur?

Chris L

• Space Champion!
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2008, 02:38:51 AM »
I'm only semi-new but I have a question- I've occasionally seen Julie Klausner (who I think is totally great) mentioned as having participated in the show in some way. When did that occur?

She was Skag Winesack's ex-wife on the April 25, 2006 show (no longer archived)

John M.

• Policemans heel
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2008, 06:19:30 AM »
March 19, 2002. DJ Clue and Liquid Brooklyn.
Thanks, Dan B!

samir

• Space Champion!
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2008, 07:51:15 AM »
Earles and Benjamin don't call anymore.  Kevin was my favorite, and was actually the first "Is this real?" experience I had with the show.  H. Jon Benjamin's Smirnoff Ice District Manager is one of my favorite calls EVER.

Has anyone counted the number of times he says "Smirnoff Ice" during this call? I'm guessing low 3,000s.

It's a great product.
"Son, there's a thin line between crazed and rabid"