Author Topic: Humorless Politics Thread  (Read 853795 times)

fonpr

• Space Champion!
Re: Humorless Politics Thread
« Reply #2490 on: November 18, 2013, 04:29:23 PM »
This afternoon, during a city council session in which council is trying to strip Ford of most of his powers as Mayor, he did a drunk driving pantomime aimed towards one of his political enemies who had received a warning for driving under the influence (n.b. that Councillor Ainslie was below the legal limit, and Ford has both been convicted of DUI and admitted to recently driving drunk.)

Dignified!
Reminds me of Limbaugh.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2491 on: November 18, 2013, 05:17:05 PM »
He doesn't have the wit of Limbaugh. The guy is shockingly inarticulate.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2492 on: November 18, 2013, 05:42:53 PM »

That blank, child-like expression will never not be funny.

Which one?

I watched Evocateur last night. Call me elitist (no, seriously, call me elitist) but maybe television (and especially the Internet)'s greatest sin is that we have to listen to this enormous group of troglodytes and pretend that their irrational and entirely-from-prejudice opinions are worth the time it takes to listen to them.

I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2493 on: November 18, 2013, 09:40:46 PM »
greatest sin is that we have to listen to this enormous group of troglodytes and pretend that their irrational and entirely-from-prejudice opinions are worth the time it takes to listen to them.
Blame the lamestream media!
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Flood

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #2494 on: November 19, 2013, 04:34:44 AM »
The media is pretty much all Rob Ford all the time by now. I can't even keep up with it, it's one curveball after another. Let it be known that I first read about the dude many months ago here on the FOT Forum, though.
FOTpediaAP Mike Day! – I feed you garbage!

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2495 on: November 19, 2013, 08:58:42 AM »
Yeah, it's hard not to feel proud for spotting his talent early on.

And a public service announcement in the wake of the Ford U.S. media blitzkrieg, just in case it's not totally obvious: Rob and Doug Ford only lie. Pointlessly and indiscriminately. For example: no news outlets ever called Ford 'the White Obama'.

At least part of the reason for their US media tour is that the mainstream media in Canada has turned on them. Even the right-wing AM radio guys either confront them point-blank about their lies, or refuse to talk to them, recognizing that it's an exercise in futility.

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2496 on: November 19, 2013, 09:42:01 AM »
Really? Well, I see here that at least one of Hizzonner's Canadian defenders thinks the "left-wing media" won't be satisfied until he's "dead in a tunnel like Princess Diana:" http://www.thestar.com/yourtoronto/robford/2013/11/18/ford_nation_hits_the_airwaves.html  This whole affair has to be the greatest thing to come out of Canadian comedy since SCTV.

Bonus quote: “'I know in my heart everyone has personal problems,' Ford told listeners. 'I urinated in a parking lot . . . what does that have to do with anything?'”

"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2497 on: November 19, 2013, 10:00:44 AM »
Oh man, Ezra Levant is one of the biggest creeps in Canada. I dunno who his U.S. counterpart would be. Maybe Jonah Goldberg?

And despite what I just said about Canadian media, the CBC did a major softball interview with the Fords last night.

This video is pretty amazing. It shows in detail the chaos that the Fords initiated during the city council meeting yesterday. It begins with Mayor Ford causing a stir by having his bodyguard photograph "enemies" in the public gallery. Best viewed in fullscreen:

The Brothers Ford Cause Chaos on Toronto City Coun

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2498 on: November 19, 2013, 10:19:28 AM »
Oh man, Ezra Levant is one of the biggest creeps in Canada. I dunno who his U.S. counterpart would be. Maybe Jonah Goldberg?

And despite what I just said about Canadian media, the CBC did a major softball interview with the Fords last night.

This video is pretty amazing. It shows in detail the chaos that the Fords initiated during the city council meeting yesterday. It begins with Mayor Ford causing a stir by having his bodyguard photograph "enemies" in the public gallery. Best viewed in fullscreen:

The Brothers Ford Cause Chaos on Toronto City Coun
This is pro wrestling. Where's Gregulator?

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2499 on: November 19, 2013, 11:14:03 AM »

Which one?

I watched Evocateur last night. Call me elitist (no, seriously, call me elitist) but maybe television (and especially the Internet)'s greatest sin is that we have to listen to this enormous group of troglodytes and pretend that their irrational and entirely-from-prejudice opinions are worth the time it takes to listen to them.

Shut up! America is the greatest country in the world!

mostlymeat

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #2500 on: November 19, 2013, 12:32:12 PM »

Which one?

Shut up! America is the greatest country in the world!

Seriously maybe you should move to Russia.

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2501 on: November 20, 2013, 04:50:53 PM »
Well, so much for that ... http://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/ford-nation-cancelled-by-sun-news-network-after-one-episode-due-to-costs-1.1550852

Maybe Sun News could just weave together a bunch of ford .gif files and call that a show.
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

gravy boat

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #2502 on: November 20, 2013, 05:40:11 PM »
The media is pretty much all Rob Ford all the time by now. I can't even keep up with it, it's one curveball after another. Let it be known that I first read about the dude many months ago here on the FOT Forum, though.
Me too!

Flood

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #2503 on: November 22, 2013, 02:00:28 PM »
FOTpediaAP Mike Day! – I feed you garbage!

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2504 on: November 22, 2013, 03:05:52 PM »
Me too!

Same here.
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009