Author Topic: Humorless Politics Thread  (Read 853722 times)

Sarah

Re: Humorless Politics Thread
« Reply #555 on: October 08, 2008, 01:46:38 PM »
It was odd how Obama stuck around and chatted with some of the audience members, while McCain left fairly abruptly after the debate, and some of the audience mentioned that afterwards. It seems like something that shouldn't matter, but considering that a lot of those people will be interviewed in coming days, it's probably a lesson learned for future candidates at events like this one.

My sister came up with a plausible explanation for this:  he desperately needed to take a piss.

samir

• Space Champion!
« Reply #556 on: October 08, 2008, 01:48:15 PM »
the dude that hacked palin's email last month was - and i'm not implying anything here - a Dave. from Knoxville.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D93MDSE80&show_article=1
"Son, there's a thin line between crazed and rabid"

Fido

• Space Champion!
« Reply #557 on: October 08, 2008, 01:50:30 PM »
What I'm surprised by is how McCain said to that (black) audience member who asked a question, "I bet you never heard of Fannie and Freddie until this crisis came along."
I was like, wait, whauuuuuuut?!? 

Fixed.

I bet the piss theory is correct.

I think it's way past time for me to get serious about my work. Later skaters.

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #558 on: October 08, 2008, 01:54:39 PM »
the dude that hacked palin's email last month was - and i'm not implying anything here - a Dave. from Knoxville.

Christ, you think this guy had never heard of running Tor through free public WiFi on a computer with a forged MAC address.

John Junk 2.0

« Reply #559 on: October 08, 2008, 02:17:25 PM »
McCain seemed doddering and stiff and old mansy. 

Obama just seems cooler.  In all senses of the word.  I like how McCain was like "He hasn't said how much that fee's gonna be!" after Obama talked about his health plan and Obama just drank some water with a body language that exuded "Fuck off."

Sarah

« Reply #560 on: October 08, 2008, 02:25:32 PM »
Plus there's the fact that the whole "fine" thing was a fabrication.

John Junk 2.0

« Reply #561 on: October 08, 2008, 03:32:28 PM »
Another good one is the whole "Speak softly and carry a big stick" malarchy.  WTF was he talking about?  That didn't make sense.  "This guy is saying he's gonna be tough on them.  Now they're gonna know that he's gonna be tough on them!  What I'm  gonna do is pretend I'm not gonna be tough on them, but then be REALLY tough on them, and they'll never know!  The way he does it, they're gonna know!  It's a good thing I'm not on the radio....  Wait, Whuuuuuuut??"

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #562 on: October 08, 2008, 03:33:14 PM »
I thought the reaction to the "That One" was kind of humorless. Much like this thread! Who cares, really? No, he probably doesn't like Obama much personally, sees him as a young smooth operator. Whatever, leave it at that.

What I'm surprised by is how McCain said to that (black) audience member who asked a question, "I bet you never heard of Fannie and Freddie until this crisis came along."

I was like, what?!?  Dude might have heard of them, might not. Might be a financial analyst or an economist who understands the economy better than you, old man. Why ask the question?

My conclusion about McCain: not very socially sensitive, and probably not a good host of cocktail parties President.

Fixed

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #563 on: October 08, 2008, 03:35:22 PM »

Wait'll you see what I've got planned for Trig

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #564 on: October 08, 2008, 03:39:03 PM »
It was odd how Obama stuck around and chatted with some of the audience members, while McCain left fairly abruptly after the debate, and some of the audience mentioned that afterwards. It seems like something that shouldn't matter, but considering that a lot of those people will be interviewed in coming days, it's probably a lesson learned for future candidates at events like this one.

My sister came up with a plausible explanation for this:  he desperately needed to take a piss.

One word: sundowning.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

jbissell

• Space Champion!
« Reply #565 on: October 08, 2008, 04:02:02 PM »

Doesn't he have a bag for that?

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #566 on: October 09, 2008, 08:56:48 AM »
Not yet...
from the land of pleasant living

<<<<<

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #567 on: October 09, 2008, 10:13:50 AM »
Another good one is the whole "Speak softly and carry a big stick" malarchy.  WTF was he talking about?  That didn't make sense.  "This guy is saying he's gonna be tough on them.  Now they're gonna know that he's gonna be tough on them!  What I'm  gonna do is pretend I'm not gonna be tough on them, but then be REALLY tough on them, and they'll never know!  The way he does it, they're gonna know!  It's a good thing I'm not on the radio....  Wait, Whuuuuuuut??"

Sort of like the whole "if I say yes, I re-ignite the Cold War" nonsense.  Why even put that on the table, even in jest?  I found that more disconcerting than anything Obama said about Pakistan.

Dan B

« Reply #568 on: October 09, 2008, 10:58:13 AM »

Sort of like the whole "if I say yes, I re-ignite the Cold War" nonsense.  Why even put that on the table, even in jest?  I found that more disconcerting than anything Obama said about Pakistan.

Yeah, and that was after he said there would never be a second Cold War.  Well, unless he says one thing.

<<<<<

« Reply #569 on: October 09, 2008, 11:36:10 AM »
Well, unless he says one thing.

I know, huh??  Power trip much, nominee McCain?  Lord knows the Kremlin is hanging on every word the guy in second place says.

Didn't Russia accuse one of our Presidential nominees of aggitating the situation in Georgia, though?  Didn't hear any more about that.  The Russians are liars, but it wouldn't entirely surprise me if there was some truth to it either.