Author Topic: Humorless Politics Thread  (Read 854077 times)

Denim Gremlin

• Space Champion!
Re: Humorless Politics Thread
« Reply #615 on: October 12, 2008, 04:44:32 PM »
I usually vote Republican, but I hate McCain because he's a former P.O.W.  Those guys drive me nuts!

seriously, from what I hear he was set up in the presidential suite of some swanky hilton property
I was the first guy in hardcore to whip people with his belt.

wwwes

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #616 on: October 13, 2008, 05:42:13 AM »
I usually vote Republican, but I hate McCain because he's a former P.O.W.  Those guys drive me nuts!

seriously, from what I hear he was set up in the presidential suite of some swanky hilton property
Jesus, what a phony. Just imagine what he'd do for those terrorists in Guantanamo Bay. He'd probably give them all X-Boxes.

Sarah

« Reply #617 on: October 13, 2008, 07:32:09 AM »
Pointless observation:  "Obama" spelled backward means "I will love" in Latin.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #618 on: October 13, 2008, 07:51:10 AM »

And, as everybody knows, the opposite of love is terrorism.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Sarah

« Reply #619 on: October 13, 2008, 07:57:54 AM »
But what about the future tense?  Why not "I love"?  Aren't we lovable now?  Is this name implying that America needs to change in order to be loved?  Treason!

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #620 on: October 13, 2008, 08:51:43 AM »
maybe "love" is speaking of the physical act of love? in which case it is "I will fuck"?
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

Emily

• Space Champion!
« Reply #621 on: October 13, 2008, 09:55:53 AM »

I bet it would make Maureen Dowd's day to hear that.

samir

• Space Champion!
« Reply #622 on: October 13, 2008, 11:13:44 AM »
(in fact, she was glued to the Gators/LSU game while I was talking to her!)

Go Gators!

Actually, driving home after said game, one guy rolled down his window just to yell at me "You know who's going in the right direction? McCain and Palin!" and then when I sort of laughed and nodded, another guy in the same car said, about me,  "He doesn't look like a supporter. I can tell".

I guess that's good? Never been judged on my political beliefs in traffic before.
"Son, there's a thin line between crazed and rabid"

Trembling Eagle

« Reply #623 on: October 13, 2008, 11:27:13 AM »

Go Gators!

Actually, driving home after said game, one guy rolled down his window just to yell at me "You know who's going in the right direction? McCain and Palin!" and then when I sort of laughed and nodded, another guy in the same car said, about me,  "He doesn't look like a supporter. I can tell".

I guess that's good? Never been judged on my political beliefs in traffic before.

Well you know, u probably don't look like one of "us"
and by us I mean them.

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #624 on: October 13, 2008, 12:40:31 PM »

Go Gators!

It was probably your derby, monocle, and little delicate tea cup.  Europeans are "in the tank" for Obama.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #625 on: October 13, 2008, 01:59:53 PM »

Go Gators!

You should've adopted a fake Louisiana accent and told them not to talk that way to the governor.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Wes

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #626 on: October 13, 2008, 02:04:15 PM »

Go Gators!

That was actually a test run for the new McCain marketing campaign, but the guy was doing it incorrectly. The way it's supposed to work is, they would be driving on the wrong side of the road, into incoming traffic, and when you get their attention and scream "Look out, you're going the wrong way," they yell back "But you know who's going the right way? McCain and Palin!"

Ideally, they then veer out of the way of the oncoming traffic, but they're still working the bugs out of that part.
This may be the year I will disappear.

Fido

• Space Champion!
« Reply #627 on: October 13, 2008, 02:23:56 PM »
I love it. Very French Connection!

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #628 on: October 13, 2008, 02:32:23 PM »
Articulate lunatic Christopher Hitchens and former Bush I speechwriter/funny novelist/son of William F. Christopher Buckley have endorsed Obama recently.

People are tripping over their feet to distance themselves from that trainwreck.

samir

• Space Champion!
« Reply #629 on: October 13, 2008, 03:30:04 PM »
You should've adopted a fake Louisiana accent and told them not to talk that way to the governor.

I can see it. That guy is kind of a dink, though.

"Son, there's a thin line between crazed and rabid"