Author Topic: Humorless Politics Thread  (Read 853784 times)

Trembling Eagle

Re: Humorless Politics Thread
« Reply #780 on: October 22, 2008, 07:47:16 PM »
I can't believe all the uproar over Sarah Palin spending $150,000 on her wardrobe. What's she supposed to wear, a sack? Jesus!

Look, maybe this won't sit well with all those "Georgetown cocktail party" conservatives or "latte-sipping" liberals, but real Americans frequently drop AT LEAST $60,000 a year on clothing. IT'S JUST COMMON SENSE.

She looks freaking hot in them
and better they waste money on that than on more slanderous ad's and robocalls

chrisfoll577

« Reply #781 on: October 22, 2008, 07:52:21 PM »
the "x town is more patriotic than y town" shit needs to stop.

Well I know for a fact Boston is historically more patriotic than any other place in America.  We started this patriot shit and this is the thanks we get?

Trembling Eagle

« Reply #782 on: October 22, 2008, 08:00:36 PM »

Well I know for a fact Boston is historically more patriotic than any other place in America.  We started this patriot shit and this is the thanks we get?

Hey, do you like the Dropkick Murphy's? I was just listening to "Shipping up to Boston"
damn, that song rox

Trembling Eagle

« Reply #783 on: October 22, 2008, 08:18:56 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-9VW4ewI1M

sweet Jesus are they just gonna keep sending republican bimbos to Chris Matthews to ravish?
how do I get that job?

wwwes

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #784 on: October 22, 2008, 08:48:28 PM »
In the AP poll that has been cited, 44% of its respondents identified themselves explicitly as evangelical Christians. So not too unusual that it would be so far towards McCain. Particularly when their likely voter model is also far more skewed towards 2004 numbers than what we see now from actual polls of the electorate. From registered voters, their numbers hit +5. From all adults, their numbers hit +10.

To put the problem of using the 2004 numbers for likely voters, Rasmussen's numbers, which are done from weekly tracking polls that survey 21,000 people over a period of six weeks, gives the Dems a 6.7 point advantage, which was NOT the case in 2004.

todd

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #785 on: October 22, 2008, 08:50:03 PM »
You know, I find Chris Matthews obnoxious, but I kinda wish I felt that way about more journalists. At least he'll say "stop changing the subject" or "you are wrong" to someones face instead of politely smiling like Katie Couric and every other spineless journalist on television.

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #786 on: October 22, 2008, 09:09:42 PM »
You know, I find Chris Matthews obnoxious, but I kinda wish I felt that way about more journalists. At least he'll say "stop changing the subject" or "you are wrong" to someones face instead of politely smiling like Katie Couric and every other spineless journalist on television.

I'm not a big fan of Couric, but she did a good job of letting Palin hang herself with her own rope. Had Matthews interviewed Palin, he'd probably try to get a date with her.
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #787 on: October 22, 2008, 09:13:53 PM »

I'm not a big fan of Couric, but she did a good job of letting Palin hang herself with her own rope. Had Matthews interviewed Palin, he'd probably try to get a date with her.

Matthews was surprisingly restrained when letting Michele Bachmann hang herself on his show last week when she accused Barack Obama and other (liberal) members of Congress of being "Anti-American." He stayed away from his usual tactics of overtalking and "louder = better" interviewing.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #788 on: October 22, 2008, 09:52:51 PM »

One thing Bush and Obama have in common, is that they're both in really good shape.  (Or at least Bush was 7 years ago.  Barry Obama might look like Barry Dworkin after 2 terms.)

samir

• Space Champion!
« Reply #789 on: October 22, 2008, 09:57:46 PM »
I'd expect to hear that from someone living in Gainesville.

Number of seconds it took for Michelle Obama to pander to the locals with the Gator Chomp?

Fifteen.
"Son, there's a thin line between crazed and rabid"

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #790 on: October 22, 2008, 10:01:58 PM »
I'd expect to hear that from someone living in Gainesville.

Number of seconds it took for Michelle Obama to pander to the locals with the Gator Chomp?

Fifteen.

You should have seen Obama in Boulder.

Fido

• Space Champion!
« Reply #791 on: October 22, 2008, 11:26:13 PM »
Isn't Photo Shop the best thing since sliced bread? I mean, look at the red they added to Obama's eyes in that picture.

So Trembling Eagle, Sarah Palin must be like some kind of femme fatale to you. Mad hot but totally evil, right?

All that winking shit she did in that debate just made me think of her as some kind of cheesy pinup girl you'd have expected to see in a warehouse office circa 1970. But oh, I forgot, many well-respected pundits repeatedly warn that people like me vastly underestimate her, at my own peril.

Phantom Hugger

« Reply #792 on: October 22, 2008, 11:55:32 PM »

Hey, do you like the Dropkick Murphy's? I was just listening to "Shipping up to Boston"
damn, that song rox

This is a not so shocking development in the M.O. of the Trembling Eagle character.

Trembling Eagle

« Reply #793 on: October 23, 2008, 01:24:21 AM »

So Trembling Eagle, Sarah Palin must be like some kind of femme fatale to you. Mad hot but totally evil, right?

precisely.

I'm really taken with her as a female, disgusted by her politics and wary of her as a person.

<<<<<

« Reply #794 on: October 23, 2008, 03:03:04 AM »
I know it's been said by FOT before, but I suspect that at this point, not only has McCain ceased really wanting this, so has the GOP.

They need to go lick their wounds and get their mess of a political party in order.

No Cavalry Coming For McCain

Republicans attuned to conservative third-party efforts say that with less than two weeks to go until Election Day, the prospects for any 11th-hour, anti-Obama ad campaign are highly unlikely.

Many in the party, including inside the McCain campaign, have held out hope that a deep-pocketed benefactor would emerge to bankroll ads in the campaign’s final days - spots that might, for example, resurrect the most incendiary clips from the Rev. Jeremiah Wright.

But thanks largely to lack of passion for McCain within the conservative base, diminished hopes that he can win and a sharp decline in the stock market that has badly pinched donors’ pockets, veteran Republican operatives say it appears almost certain that what could be the most damaging line of attack against the Democratic nominee will be left on the shelf.

“Republican donors at the end of day aren’t stupid,” said another Republican familiar with third-party activities this cycle. “They’re not going to throw good money after bad news.”

And it wasn’t just the economic bad news - McCain did little to help his own cause.

These sources said that after McCain didn’t use the Nashville debate to aggressively go after Obama, one prominent conservative financier remarked: “I’m not going to bother investing anymore.”

And donors were always fearful they would be rebuked by their party’s notoriously unpredictable nominee if they underwrote a major effort.

“McCain never gave a real wink and said, ‘Go ahead boys,’ ” explained one operative close to a third-party group this year.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/10/22/politics/politico/main4538433.shtml