Author Topic: Golf, Golf, Golf  (Read 3812 times)

AaronC

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: Golf, Golf, Golf
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2008, 01:22:18 PM »
At 14, I got my first job at a golf course in Annandale, Virginia.  I worked there for three summers.  In hindsight, I'm grateful - I learned how to parallel-park golf carts, how to cook, and got hours of invaluable exposure to people I desperately wanted to be nothing like.

I'm picturing this guy...

Beth

• Space Champion!
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2008, 02:52:47 PM »
I don't care if people play golf, but for me personally  it seems boring. MINI GOLF, however, is awesome.

Phantom Hugger

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2008, 03:32:59 PM »
What about golf hunting tourists isn't appealing? You're on a beautiful course trying to get a ball inyour slob out of a hole without exerting a ton of energy. You're not up against anybody but yourself and likewise you don't rely on anybody but yourself. You can compete but in the end it's up to you to get the job done and nobody is stopping you from doing it. It's a great game, too bad it's so freaking expensive to play. It's not really worth starting up unless you can devote money (and time I suppose), and legal fees to get good at it. You can't just go to the park and practice your jump shot.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2008, 03:47:21 PM »
I played a lot from ages 13-around 38, but the 8 days before my 40th birthday I broke my hip/pelvis into 6 pieces, and since then I am both wobbly and under-muscled in the very spot you need to push off on.

I can't bowl anymore, either.