Author Topic: Beer in the shower guy  (Read 17465 times)

KickTheBobo

Re: Beer in the shower guy
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2008, 01:34:12 PM »
the Beer in the Shower Guy was so Amateur Hour, it hurt.

the fact is: the only reason that that guy ever had a beer in the shower, was so that he could ask "Hey, have you ever had a beer in the shower? I have, and it's GREAT!"

that dude was probably smack dab in the middle of his 5 year long 'Bukowski' phase, which usually comes hand in hand with discovering Jim Goad & the AmRep catalog, and is usually followed by either a) rehab or b) law school

Spoony

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2008, 02:04:20 PM »
I tried it once. It was advertised under the assumption that if the shower is hot and the beer is ice cold, it's the perfect way to unwind after a hard day of manual labor.

Keeping water out of the beer was difficult at best, and the prep work to keep my hands from being soapy when I picked up the beer was counterproductive. It meant lots of little mini-showers for my hands. Being too scared of dropping the bottle and showering my feet in broken glass, or slipping and getting a senior-style injury in the shower made for an unpleasant shower.

Aside from the first sip, which was very nice, I don't recommend the Beer & Shower Extravaganza.

I give it 1 1/2 mustaches, out of four.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2008, 03:54:09 PM »
Cans don't break

segerandpriest

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2008, 04:16:38 PM »

the fact is: the only reason that that guy ever had a beer in the shower, was so that he could ask "Hey, have you ever had a beer in the shower? I have, and it's GREAT!"

that dude was probably smack dab in the middle of his 5 year long 'Bukowski' phase, which usually comes hand in hand with discovering Jim Goad & the AmRep catalog, and is usually followed by either a) rehab or b) law school

game/set/match! if the guy'd heard the show for more than six minutes, he'd've known that the whole "Damn, I love drinking beer!" vibe'd go nowhere fast. if he knew better and called anyway, he was either trying to prove something to himself or some (sad) friend who he coaxed into listening to him listen to himself talk (on the radio.) heave-ho!

and the AmRep reference was delightful, btw. 

pinky

« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2008, 06:20:24 PM »

So are you for beer in the shower or against?

tomkaters

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2008, 07:07:34 PM »
I prefer to think of it as "Showering While Drinking" as opposed to "Drinking a Beer while Showering"

Namey

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2008, 08:12:24 PM »
I have a question for the Pro-Beer In The Shower People:

What is the deal with this? How did you come up with the drinking things in the shower thing? It was never an idea that even came close to crossing my mind until this week's show. I just...I mean, I like beer fine, and I like showers fine, but I also like lots of other unrelated things. How did these things end up together?

I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND

I think it's one of those "I'm a grown-up so I can do whatever I want" type of thing. My special lady friend uses that line of reasoning to argue for cake for breakfast. 

I used to do it and found it enjoyable. But it WAS something that I started doing just because I had recently moved out of my parent's house and was trying to think of "all the stuff I can do now!!!"

Pat K

« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2008, 08:58:41 PM »
With all this talk about soap vs beer while drinking in the shower, and worrying about getting suds in your drink and whatnot, I think it's important to point out that anybody who is worrying about their soap interacting with their beer or vice versca is doing this completely wrong. You should be drinking the beer while relaxing under the running water and coming down from an especially brutal bout of manual labor or sports-playing. If you are going to wash yourself, you do it AFTER you've drank the beer. I don't think anybody should be interrupting scrubbing themselves down to grab a sip of lager, which is insane and rightly ridiculed. I think if you're drinking a beer in the shower, you are doing it because you've busted your hump so hard that whatever you have to do next (in this case: shower), drinking a cold beer at your first opportunity is JOB #1. If you've got the energy to actually wash yourself with soap before you've even finished your refreshing, life-giving beer, you didn't need the beer bad enough to warrant drinking it in the shower.

And again, for the record, my opinion should be taken with the knowledge that I can't actually remember if I've done this before or not.
I'm warning you with peace and love.

Richard_From_CHI

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2008, 09:31:52 PM »
...and is usually followed by either a) rehab or b) law school

Oh, ever so true and painful. I used to work in the law school admissions office. You are 100% correct.

Gibby

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2008, 05:17:12 PM »
I once drank a beer in the bath. It was arguably the lowest I've ever been. Any kind of drinking alone = deep six.
"How do they see you when there's no light?"

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2008, 05:38:42 PM »
I eat fondue in my jacuzzi, does that count?

John Junk 2.0

« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2008, 08:24:52 PM »
I was wondering around Pisa in Italy by myself (not bragging... I think) as I had fucked up my travel itinerary and was stranded in that strange, one-tower town for the night.  I had a bath and drank a Heineken at the same time.  I hadn't bathed in a few days and I was pretty stressed out, so needless to say it was awesome. 

Don't judge!

Gilly

• Space Champion!
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2008, 08:47:20 PM »
Don't judge!

That might be difficult...  ;D

John Junk 2.0

« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2008, 08:50:06 PM »
Don't judge!

That might be difficult...  ;D