Author Topic: Wisdom Teeth Extraction  (Read 7533 times)

A.M. Thomas

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Wisdom Teeth Extraction
« on: September 29, 2008, 09:18:27 PM »
This doesn't feel good at all!

I'm not a chicken,  you're a turkey.

Julie

Re: Wisdom Teeth Extraction
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 09:59:16 PM »
I hope you feel  better.

While you are recovering, pureed spinach and oranges is really delicious. I eat it now all the time.
I have a long history of booing

John Junk 2.0

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 10:40:23 PM »
I found that I didn't really need the Vicodin so much as I need the huge ibuprofen pills.  Well, I needed the first bottle of Vicodin but not the refill.  You can barter off all or parts of the refill for goods and services.  Or use for recreation.

Also, while on Vicodin, post tooth extraction, I thought Curb Your Enthusiasm was really funny.  When I recovered I was back to not getting it.

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 10:40:40 PM »
bite down on some tea bags.
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

Beth

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 10:48:50 PM »
jpeg, please.

(in all seriousness, feel better, and enjoy the painkillers).

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 12:10:03 AM »
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

A.M. Thomas

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 12:18:07 AM »
My cheeks are barely swollen, so I won't post a pic.  I'm actually feeling better already, although I think the anti-biotic I was prescribed is making me sick.

emma

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 12:18:39 AM »
Try new ice cream flavours and get everyone to do things for you. Also: get well soon, but when you do, pretend that it still hurts so people will continue to bring you food.

A.M. Thomas

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 12:20:44 AM »
Try new ice cream flavours and get everyone to do things for you. Also: get well soon, but when you do, pretend that it still hurts so people will continue to bring you food.

Emma, you are so smart.  I already whined enough to get a whole carton of pistachio, which is my favorite.  I need to get more oral surgery so I can eat it forever.

erechoveraker

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2008, 01:30:45 AM »
This news does nothing for me. Are you going to have to miss out on work/school/life at all because of this?

I'm 33 and I just found out a few months ago mine are coming in and need to come out. Great timing, teeth. I'm dreading it though, and avoided it as best I could, but one of them has full on been pushing through lately and some days that whole side of my face just kind of aches.

But now I hear there is an ice cream option, maybe all the pain and drugs will be worth it then?

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2008, 01:54:08 AM »
Braces hurt more than teeth removal.  Especially when they're first in.  And I've had my wisdom teeth and 4 others removed.  I'd still prefer that to the two weeks of agony when my braces were put on when I was 13.

AllisonLeGnome

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2008, 02:05:08 AM »
I never understood what was supposed to be so bad about braces. Certainly they weren't fun, and my teeth were probably sore for a few days, but I had no major trauma. However, I'm somewhat terrified of wisdom teeth.

John Junk 2.0

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2008, 02:38:33 AM »
Braces hurt more than teeth removal.  Especially when they're first in.  And I've had my wisdom teeth and 4 others removed. 

Quit bragging.

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2008, 03:08:01 AM »
Braces hurt more than teeth removal.  Especially when they're first in.  And I've had my wisdom teeth and 4 others removed. 

Quit bragging.

Yesno, I respectfully disagree. I had both -- the braces were extreme and closed a 1/4 inch gap between my teeth in 3 hours, and the wisdom teeth were impacted. I'd say the wisdom teeth were far worse. I looked like a beat-up chipmunk.

Drugs were nice, though...

Hang in there Tomas. Mashed potatoes are pretty satisfying at times like these...
from the land of pleasant living

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2008, 08:59:47 AM »
Braces hurt the shit out of my lips.  It was like having the inside of my lips stabbed with dull knives for weeks.

Then the whole point of them was to massively shift my teeth to fill in the holes created by other teeth being removed.  This also hurt.

Yeah, I'm bragging.  8 teeth removed + braces = better than