Author Topic: Wisdom Teeth Extraction  (Read 7534 times)

emma

Re: Wisdom Teeth Extraction
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2008, 04:36:56 PM »
No wisdom teeth and no braces, but I like to think that's just good dental luck in exchange for a childhood full of hellish teeth-related experiences. Things got lost and chipped and knocked around and the whole thing culminated in me running in front of a kid on a swingset at age 8 and getting one front tooth kicked out. I had to have the other one surgically removed and ended up with what felt like a billion stitches in the roof of my mouth. My adult front teeth didn't grow in for another two years, and I still get kinda self-conscious about smiling with my mouth open.

On the bright side, the tooth fairy brought me like fifteen dollars.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2008, 04:40:10 PM »
ive never had surgery, a broken bone, or stitches.  have i been robbed?

Spoony

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2008, 04:41:16 PM »
It means you're in Showroom-Condition and I congratulate you for it. You're doing better at the game of "life" then the rest of us.

emma

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2008, 04:49:51 PM »

No, it just means you win.

The "joke" in my household is that I get injured for everybody. All my family members, like you, are in christine condition, but the being-half-blind-and-having-no-depth-perception thing means I got the short end of the falling over/running into stuff stick. It's calmed down a lot since I was a (younger) kid, but I have pretty much hurt myself in every ridiculous or stupid way possible. I used to go to sit down in chairs....and miss them entirely.

Spoony

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2008, 05:03:52 PM »
I was a mess as a kid. The expression "so uncoordinated, he couldn't hit the water if he fell out of a boat" applied to me.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2008, 05:09:27 PM »
i may be in proper condition structurally, but everything else is the opposite.  however, it makes me very jealous i dont have any brilliant stories on my childhood.

in hindsight, i wish i was a mess.  there are no excuses as an adult.

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2008, 05:28:03 PM »

I've never been robbed or burglarized, but I've had my fair share of surgery, broken bones, and stitches. (None from fights, I somehow feel compelled to add.)

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2008, 05:35:44 PM »

I've never been robbed or burglarized, but I've had my fair share of surgery, broken bones, and stitches. (None from fights, I somehow feel compelled to add.)

you complete me, Martin.

i have been robbed/burglarized and it feels very similar to your description of recent "house guests". 

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2008, 08:43:09 PM »
I had my wisdom teeth removed when I was in high school. I was terrified because of all the horror stories people felt compelled to tell me when they heard I was having it done (the best one was that someone was in the waiting room when one of the Cincinnati Bengals came out after the surgery, crying and with blood streaming down his face), but it went remarkably smoothly for me. I didn't even fill the prescription for the pain pills and I was eating normal food for dinner the day of the surgery.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.