Author Topic: No disrespect intended but can I give you some advice/suggestion  (Read 28130 times)

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
Re: No disrespect intended but can I give you some advice/suggestion
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2008, 12:03:52 PM »
I don't lift much, but I do shave my chest, oil up and grin like an idiot - and I'm thinking of finding a vacant-looking hot chick to curl her arm about my waist.  So I figure I'm getting about 80% of the benefits.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

hugman

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2008, 08:56:03 PM »
Iron Brotherhood sounds like the most white supremacist group I've ever heard of.

I lift weights three or more times a week and I'm almost as buff as black flag era Rollins (1st tour).

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2008, 08:06:24 AM »
More of buff-itude is in the genetic cards than probably most of the 'Iron Brotherhood' cares to admit.   People's bodies just are the way they are, and you can take care of yourself and try to stay healthy but that's about it.

Sarah

« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2008, 08:15:56 AM »
Spoken like an ectomorph.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2008, 08:29:19 AM »
Is "ectomorph" smart-people talk for "fat blob"?
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Sarah

« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2008, 08:36:02 AM »
Those would be endomorphs.

todd

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2008, 10:59:23 AM »
More of buff-itude is in the genetic cards than probably most of the 'Iron Brotherhood' cares to admit.   People's bodies just are the way they are, and you can take care of yourself and try to stay healthy but that's about it.

this is true. IF TODAY IS OPPOSITE DAY!

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2008, 08:24:31 PM »
Spoken like an ectomorph.

I'm proud of my ectomorphicity!

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2008, 08:45:25 PM »
As you should be. Ectomorphs rule, mesomorphs drool.

Sarah

« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2008, 09:00:49 AM »
Ha, I guessed right!

Geoff Johnston

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2008, 05:05:53 PM »
An unsolicited reply to Tom's query over at the Joe Paterno pic thread...

"Since you're so gung ho on talking about how I look and how she might look as an adult, when are we going to see the pictures of you?"

No disrespect intended, of course.

Jack from Arkansas

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2008, 11:17:39 PM »
I was at the gym last night when a show called The Man Whose Body Exploded came on t.v.  It was about a bodybuilder, Gregg Valentino, who lifted weights and juiced and bugged people to lift weights until his muscles exploded and now his body looks like a panty hose full of oranges.  It's a cautionary tale I think and it reminded me of this thread.

Trembling Eagle

« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2008, 12:50:52 AM »
I was at the gym last night when a show called The Man Whose Body Exploded came on t.v.  It was about a bodybuilder, Gregg Valentino, who lifted weights and juiced and bugged people to lift weights until his muscles exploded and now his body looks like a panty hose full of oranges.  It's a cautionary tale I think and it reminded me of this thread.

That guy belongs to a supremely assholish sub-sub culture of the the subculture
funny how people outside of whatever group find an example of the  the most nuttiest contingent to paint the whole group/

a small number of dumb assholes who don't want to do the work of training and eating
take a form of injectable vegetable oil and shoot it directly into their muscles, the body reacts to the foreign substance by swelling up the area like its fighting off an infection (infections commonly happen from this too) and these guys get the odd lumpy shape that you see in this idiot. I guess to the uninitiated it may by hard to tell this look from some who actually trains and even say takes actual anabolics...I think it's pretty clear.

Gregg Valentino oil abuser

Paul Dillet actual hard lifter, gifted genetics, definitely anabolically enhanced

Even though Dillet is far more muscular than the average person, lifter or not, the symmetry of his build still matches that of what we know of a human physique.

That Valentino isn't dead yet from his stupidity is a testament to pure dumb luck and his slight fame (as a
self destructive oddity) is a testament to the uninformed's need to have their stereotypes reinforced.

Sarah

« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2008, 06:59:35 AM »
The normal-sized shoulders matched with the weirdly discrete biceps and triceps look particularly grotesque.

Pat K

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2008, 02:09:08 PM »
I guess to the uninitiated it may by hard to tell this look from some who actually trains and even say takes actual anabolics...I think it's pretty clear.

Right. Clearly the difference is that instead of looking like a horrifying freak from having weird huge baseball-sized lumps under your skin, you look like a horrifying freak from having your veins stick out one full inch from your skin.
I'm warning you with peace and love.