Author Topic: Worst Indie Rock Karaoke perfomance?  (Read 2352 times)

Kid Pain

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Worst Indie Rock Karaoke perfomance?
« on: December 12, 2008, 12:28:43 PM »
I left about halfway through but I can't choose between the girl who stood silent throughout blitzkrieg bop (I can't think of an easier song to fake your through) or the duo who went "Oh oh oh oh" throughout the entirety of Dancing With Myself.

Why would you sign up to sing a song if you don't know how it goes?

Chris L

• Space Champion!
Re: Worst Indie Rock Karaoke perfomance?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 12:56:16 PM »
the girl who stood silent throughout blitzkrieg bop (I can't think of an easier song to fake your through)

Maybe it was a tribute to that one episode of My So-Called Life?

thecramedog

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 11:43:13 PM »
I've thought about this a lot.  I think people just like that "Oh Oh Oh Oh" part so much that they forget that they don't really know the song.  They just can't wait to do the "Oh Oh Oh Oh" part.  I myself have fallen in this same trap with Tina Turner's "What's Love Got To Do With It."

ericluxury

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 12:38:27 PM »
The first time I karaoked it was at a bar in San Francisco called The Mint which is where you'd find karaoke if you looked in the SF guide book. It was filled with people who were really good. A co-worker of mine went up and we decided to do Tainted Love. It was before the 80s comeback when you'd hear the song at parties and clubs and I hadn't heard it in forever. I thought I knew the song but was completely wrong. The entire bar sang the song at us while we mumbled. I was mortified and didn't try karaoke for a long time afterwards.

Big Plastic Head

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 12:48:00 PM »
The first time I karaoked it was at a bar in San Francisco called The Mint which is where you'd find karaoke if you looked in the SF guide book. It was filled with people who were really good. A co-worker of mine went up and we decided to do Tainted Love. It was before the 80s comeback when you'd hear the song at parties and clubs and I hadn't heard it in forever. I thought I knew the song but was completely wrong. The entire bar sang the song at us while we mumbled. I was mortified and didn't try karaoke for a long time afterwards.
I have been there. It is awesome.
Congratulations. You are now a mouse cursor inside a graphics program that the client can control by speaking, emailing and instant messaging.