Author Topic: A certain M. Ramone...  (Read 6800 times)

~L

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
A certain M. Ramone...
« on: December 27, 2008, 01:39:11 AM »
made an amazing guest appearance at Maxwell's last night!  It's true.

Emily

• Space Champion!
Re: A certain M. Ramone...
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 11:53:03 AM »
I can confirm this! It was awesome.

guidedbyboognish

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 02:28:03 AM »
From Ira Kaplan's Yo La Tengo 2008 Hanukkah Tour Diary:

We were very excited to have the one, the only Marky Ramone on hand last night. Though by his own admission no standup comedian, he wowed us with a bawdy joke about a trip to Manny's, before turning serious and offering a prayer to the man upstairs, a prayer that did take a number of curious digressions into Ramones historical trivia. He followed that by reading an excerpt from his writing, not from his autobiography Hey Ho Let's A Drummer's Life, but from his erotic novel Lady Wainsworth's Desires (to be published next Valentine's Day by Scribner's). He concluded his appearance with a mini-drum clinic, inviting "the guy from Yellow Tango" on stage. Only momentarily nonplussed to discover the guy was in fact Georgia, they played short excerpts of "I Just Want to Have Something to Do" and "Blitzkreig Bop." Marky had just enough time to hit on Georgia before splitting to his car, where his wife was waiting.

A.M. Thomas

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 03:46:20 AM »
From Ira Kaplan's Yo La Tengo 2008 Hanukkah Tour Diary:

We were very excited to have the one, the only Marky Ramone on hand last night. Though by his own admission no standup comedian, he wowed us with a bawdy joke about a trip to Manny's, before turning serious and offering a prayer to the man upstairs, a prayer that did take a number of curious digressions into Ramones historical trivia. He followed that by reading an excerpt from his writing, not from his autobiography Hey Ho Let's A Drummer's Life, but from his erotic novel Lady Wainsworth's Desires (to be published next Valentine's Day by Scribner's). He concluded his appearance with a mini-drum clinic, inviting "the guy from Yellow Tango" on stage. Only momentarily nonplussed to discover the guy was in fact Georgia, they played short excerpts of "I Just Want to Have Something to Do" and "Blitzkreig Bop." Marky had just enough time to hit on Georgia before splitting to his car, where his wife was waiting.

That's amazing.  Video, anyone?

I'm not a chicken,  you're a turkey.

samir

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 02:38:20 PM »
He just got madduh, and madduh and madduh.
"Son, there's a thin line between crazed and rabid"

Spoony

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 01:55:50 PM »
As much as they poke fun at him on the show, he's a good sport about it and helps out a lot, under the nickname "Call Screener Mike."

hugman

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 03:44:49 PM »
If no video of this ever surfaces, I'd rather have never known it occurred.

Geoff Johnston

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 06:07:59 PM »
More here.

redsplitwig

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 03:04:57 PM »
"...erotic fiction..."  Ew. 

Sarah

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2008, 06:07:10 PM »
January 31, 2006.  Check it out.

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2008, 12:56:45 AM »
More here.

On the basis of your avatar, I now understand that Fred Armisen stands poised to be the next Rick Moranis.

Geoff Johnston

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2008, 12:02:26 PM »
More here.

On the basis of your avatar, I now understand that Fred Armisen stands poised to be the next Rick Moranis.

I will neither refute nor confirm your claim, Sir DfK, if only because I'm not exactly sure what it implies.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2008, 07:27:18 PM »
More here.

I will neither refute nor confirm your claim, Sir DfK, if only because I'm not exactly sure what it implies.

When I first saw it I thought it was Fred Armisen

Sarah

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2009, 06:41:42 AM »
I got it, Dave.  I got your "Black Boy" joke, too.  See?  I may not love you, but I understand you.  Isn't that better, in the end?