Author Topic: I adopted a dog because of Tom  (Read 26793 times)

emdasher

• Achilles bursitis
Re: I adopted a dog because of Tom
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2009, 05:24:20 PM »

mcphee from the forum

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2009, 01:23:00 PM »
Maybe I'll burn to 50 just by posting pictures of my dog.
My mommy made me boots.

Big Plastic Head

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2009, 01:57:47 PM »
Congratulations. You are now a mouse cursor inside a graphics program that the client can control by speaking, emailing and instant messaging.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2009, 04:40:34 PM »
My pet clams kick all your pets' asses.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2009, 05:02:32 PM »
Cats are dicks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PIAYaxOkWU

My cat who looks just like that one used to play fetch with those types of bottle caps. You'd throw them and she'd bring them back and either drop them on my shoe or come behind me on the couch and drop it right into my lap. Aw.
from the land of pleasant living

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2009, 05:20:35 PM »
Cat interrupts German guy trying to do the weather:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/akdobbins/cat-interrupts-weather-broadcast
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

putkcbackinks

• Policemans heel
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2009, 01:35:39 PM »
my love for the best show was cemented when I learned that tom scharpling had a rescued pitbull. my pal ace is a pitbull/american bulldog mix who was found after a tornado destroyed a town in SE missouri and he is awesome and is in the business of changing my family and neighbors' perception of pitbulls or bulldogs generally. he is very jealous of this little girl pitbull that was found roaming the streets we are now fostering until she gets adopted: http://muttsandstuff.com/detail.php?aid=393 this dog is seriously cute and nice

this is me "burning posts"

mcphee from the forum

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2009, 05:03:41 PM »
my dog is a bulldog mix as well!
My mommy made me boots.

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2009, 11:58:58 PM »
are a pitbull and a bulldog the same thing?  I never thought so, but I'm no expert.
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

Sarah

« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2009, 07:28:25 AM »
Damn you, Andy.  I was looking up American Bulldogs and came across this picture:

The dog looks remarkably like Zach, the boxer I briefly adopted in 2007 who almost killed my dog Bandit and about whom I still feel very guilty and sad.

Be that as it may, here's is what Wikipedia says on the subject:

"Pit Bull is a term commonly used to describe several breeds of dog in the Molosser family that are commonly used for dog fighting. The breeds most often placed in this category are the American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, and Staffordshire Bull Terrier.

"In the media the term is vague and may include other breeds with similar physical characteristics, such as the Perro de Presa Canario, Cane Corso, Dogo Argentino, Alano Espanol, Japanese Tosa, Dogue de Bordeaux, Cordoba Fighting Dog, Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog, American Bulldog, Boxer, Valley Bulldog, Olde English Bulldogge, Renascence Bulldogge, and Banter Bulldogge. These breeds are rarely listed by name in breed-specific legislation, but they are sometimes included when the term is defined broadly and based on physical appearance."

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2009, 01:07:29 PM »
ive owned both cats and dogs and dont prefer one over the other.  i dont like scooping a cat box any better than having a thin shield of plastic between me and a hot pile of dog poop.  dogs need to be walked but cats need to be let inside, and both can be expensive to feed.

however, i love cats and dogs equally despite costs or loss of sleep.  they both know when im down, licking my face to cheer me up despite their own disposition, they watch awful television/movies with me, tolerate my loud music, and still sleep with me when i come home late after leaving them home alone all day.

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2009, 05:33:28 PM »
ive owned both cats and dogs and dont prefer one over the other.  i dont like scooping a cat box any better than having a thin shield of plastic between me and a hot pile of dog poop.  dogs need to be walked but cats need to be let inside, and both can be expensive to feed.

however, i love cats and dogs equally despite costs or loss of sleep.  they both know when im down, licking my face to cheer me up despite their own disposition, they watch awful television/movies with me, tolerate my loud music, and still sleep with me when i come home late after leaving them home alone all day.
you've contributed nothing to this argument.  you can't fight for both sides and expect to make an impact.
Bingo- I'm havin' a time

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2009, 05:57:58 PM »

you've contributed nothing to this argument.  you can't fight for both sides and expect to make an impact.

on the contrary, ive now created a third neutral camp.  im sweden: dog+cat lovers may come in peace while the rest of you duke it out.

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2009, 09:14:53 PM »
get ready to catch some stray bullets.
Bingo- I'm havin' a time

mcphee from the forum

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2009, 12:07:58 AM »
lately when my dog does his business, I've taken to singing "we did it again! we did it again!" and he seems to like it. And then whenever I start singing that I end up singing The Mummies' "Stronger than Dirt" which makes me feel invincible.
My mommy made me boots.