Author Topic: Tool Academy  (Read 42212 times)

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
Re: Tool Academy
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2009, 02:15:19 PM »
the half-naked tool with the obnoxious tribal tattoo running down the side of his body.

birdsandrabbits

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2009, 03:42:17 PM »
matsuflex is an amazing name.  based on that alone, i dont know why anyone would want to have anything to do with him, and at the same time, makes me think he should win.

i'd also like it to be used in daily talk...."man, he just matsuflex'd the heck out of that!"

driz

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2009, 05:40:39 PM »
Yeah sometimes I think dbags can transcend their own doucheyness by being over the top to the point of like a charicature.  Like those oompaloompa looking guidos, id actually be curious to hang out with them.  Matsuflex seems like that kind of next level that might actually cross back over into awesome by circumnavigating the spectrum of douch.

driz

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2009, 05:42:00 PM »
Also reminds me of that transformers toy that was so elusive it seemed like an urban legend and only rich kids had it.  Metroplexual or something like that.

citizenlewis

• Policemans heel
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2009, 09:50:53 PM »
Can we please not contribute to the ratings on this show?

I think from the clips I've seen on the Soup and Best Week ever I get the gist of the show without needing to watch a whole episode.  Hopefully I won't be lost because I don't know each and every douche by name.

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2009, 05:18:22 AM »

I think from the clips I've seen on the Soup and Best Week ever I get the gist of the show without needing to watch a whole episode.  Hopefully I won't be lost because I don't know each and every douche by name.

There's "being lost," and then there's "intentionally going down the wrong road."
"I was in the shower and it occurred to me why the Hendersons named their guest "Harry."  That movie has layers!" ~ Jack Doneghy, 30 Rock.

Meat is rape

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2009, 09:09:24 AM »
To run with that metaphor, Steve, it needs to take into account actually appearing on the show.  Are they like the people who just want travel and hotel expenses for appearing on Jerry Springer, acting out the show's topic of the day?  How can you tell when a cry for help is really a cry for help? And where do people like Courtney Taylor Taylor fit in to such classifications?  I say there's tools, and then there's tools that are only tools with the existence of other tools, like a chuck key.

oilcantim

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2009, 09:47:55 PM »
I think there's a 90% chance that the fellows will be using the word "tool" as a twisted kind of compliment by the end of the season.  *shudders*

Stan

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2009, 11:27:54 PM »
 Tonight's lesson learned? Don't name yourself after this:

"This must be where buffcoat left his pants."

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2009, 11:26:17 AM »

I'm not really one for reality TV usually (not even the classy stuff like Top Chef), BUT this show is pretty amazing. I watched one episode with the assumption that it would be more than enough. Instead, it's just given me the hunger for more. My mind was blown on several occasions.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2009, 11:44:29 AM »
i recommend everyone watch this show for sheer novelty alone and the opportunity to say, "i saw THAT."

macm2010

• Policemans heel
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2009, 12:42:11 PM »
Tonight's lesson learned? Don't name yourself after this:

Did you guys see him dance?  It was like, he started doing the tango, but then - whoah!  He totally Celebrity-ed it out!  I thought it was probably the coolest thing that has ever happened to anyone anywhere ever.

moderate rock

• Policemans heel
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2009, 02:04:44 PM »
This show follows the same marketing strategy as all the other VH1 reality shows. They know America loves to see a train wreck.

And we do.

Kim Kelly

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2009, 05:50:36 PM »
What's the deal with the scissors tattoo on that one guy? Who does he think he is, Brutus "The Beefcake" Barber?
Too soon?

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2009, 06:14:33 PM »
i just realized that 50% of the tools are from phoenix.  

get.  me.  out of here.