Author Topic: Marc Maron  (Read 703586 times)

slipperyslope

• Achilles bursitis
Re: Marc Maron
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2010, 12:04:50 PM »
Yes. Let's stop fighting over whether Marc Maron is your favorite or if he isn't. Take it to ChatRoulette, guys.

Tom.

I'll be the guy holding the graph paper with black magic marker message saying "Marc Maron is alright, I guess"

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2010, 07:57:03 PM »
<Next>

Reeleyes

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2010, 07:12:58 PM »
I can now say with confidence that Marc Maron is not a racist and he is a nice dude.
You look like a really healthy Arthy Lang.

Pidgeon

« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2010, 07:33:43 PM »
You can be a racist and still be a nice dude.

Big Plastic Head

« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2010, 12:34:17 AM »
You can be a racist and still be a nice dude.

Nope.
Congratulations. You are now a mouse cursor inside a graphics program that the client can control by speaking, emailing and instant messaging.

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2010, 01:40:50 AM »
Heard him on the radio this morning he was pretty raunchy as far as sex goes. Good to hear he's finally over his divorce though.

Pastor Josh

« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2010, 12:19:01 PM »
If you haven't listened to his interview with Robin Williams yet, do so.  I actually went into it wondering how much of it I'd be able to stand,  but it was actually pretty good, even though Mr. Williams did go off on a tear or two.
Who I don't have chocolate?

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2010, 07:14:47 PM »
If you haven't listened to his interview with Robin Williams yet, do so.  I actually went into it wondering how much of it I'd be able to stand,  but it was actually pretty good, even though Mr. Williams did go off on a tear or two.

I enjoyed that, of course recently I read a book about the old Comedy Store days, so it was interesting to hear him talk about them.

I also liked the opening monologue where Maron expresses some regret about putting Williams down in the past.

It was rather surprising that Williams was for the most part a bit on the soft-spoken side. Guess for whatever reason he didn't feel obliged to go on too many tears during the interview.

Also: mentions of Sam Kinison, and mentions of cocaine, but no mention of the Sam Kinison cocaine story.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2010, 07:31:03 PM »

I enjoyed that, of course recently I read a book about the old Comedy Store days, so it was interesting to hear him talk about them.

I also liked the opening monologue where Maron expresses some regret about putting Williams down in the past.

It was rather surprising that Williams was for the most part a bit on the soft-spoken side. Guess for whatever reason he didn't feel obliged to go on too many tears during the interview.

Also: mentions of Sam Kinison, and mentions of cocaine, but no mention of the Sam Kinison cocaine story.

There were a couple of groaners (when Williams described someone's comedy as being "like jazz"), but on the whole I found him rather likable and much less obnoxious than I would've expected.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Pastor Josh

« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2010, 12:46:30 PM »
I think tht's why i was so surprised by it.  Mr. Williams seemed like a calm, down-to-earth guy.  Also, he had every right to be angry at folks who've accused him of plagiarism and the like (even if their accusations were accurate), but he seemed really contrite and kind about it.  His humility surprised me.
Who I don't have chocolate?

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2010, 02:29:17 PM »
I think tht's why i was so surprised by it.  Mr. Williams seemed like a calm, down-to-earth guy.  Also, he had every right to be angry at folks who've accused him of plagiarism and the like (even if their accusations were accurate), but he seemed really contrite and kind about it.  His humility surprised me.

I just saw World's Greatest Dad! Best Williams performance in at least 10 years, and maybe ever.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2010, 03:25:51 PM »

I just saw World's Greatest Dad! Best Williams performance in at least 10 years, and maybe ever.

Agreed. Great performance, great movie.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

jbissell

• Space Champion!
« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2010, 09:56:09 AM »

There were a couple of groaners (when Williams described someone's comedy as being "like jazz"), but on the whole I found him rather likable and much less obnoxious than I would've expected.

So nothing from his stable of horrible voices?

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2010, 11:03:08 AM »

that stable has two horses in it: 1) John Wayne, and 2) Sassy Black Woman.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

jbissell

• Space Champion!
« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2010, 11:23:18 AM »

that stable has two horses in it: 1) John Wayne, and 2) Sassy Black Woman.

um, "gay voice"?