Author Topic: Marc Maron  (Read 703573 times)

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
Re: Marc Maron
« Reply #105 on: June 05, 2010, 10:32:36 AM »
And then he should track down Gallagher.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

slipperyslope

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #106 on: June 05, 2010, 01:55:37 PM »
What I like most about Maron's podcast is when he breaks the format and does something like...the show he recorded in a car on the way to some place with some people, or when he went to Robin Williams' house. Yes the interview itself was kind of interesting for some people, but it felt different because he wasn't at his usual spot.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #107 on: June 05, 2010, 05:25:47 PM »
I heard Ben Stiller will be on the show next week.

Also, for those who don't know, he's starting to offer special "bonus" episodes for sale on the website. The first one was just released and it's a live show from Comix in NYC with an amazing guest lineup - John Mulaney, Morgan Murphy, Todd Barry, Janeane Garfolo, Greg Giraldo, and Tom Shillue. Things get REALLY awkward with Morgan Murphy (I don't want to spoil it, but let's say they have some shared baggage). If you're a fan of the show, it's definitely worth the $3.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Hugman 3.0

• Space Champion!
« Reply #108 on: June 05, 2010, 08:47:42 PM »
I LOVE Katt Williams. I hope he gets better.

Bernard

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #109 on: June 28, 2010, 10:57:52 PM »
The Dane Cook interview is really good.

Although not on the same level as Mencia, Cook comes off a slightly bitter, kinda angry dude.  It's worth a listen; Marc does a great job of bringing up the Louis CK controversy and, IMO, Dane has a much better answer than Carlos.  It's a really good conversation, although it definitely didn't convert me as a Dane Cook fan (not that that was the purpose of the interview, but I like to go into the WTFs with comics I have a pre-conceived notion about with an open mind.  See also: The Jim Norton interview).  

I've really enjoyed the last few WTFs; pretty much everything since the Mencia podcasts have been good (although I haven't listened to The Sklar Bros. one yet).  It's found a place in my weekly Podcast playlist.

ALSO: Marc's material about the one comic stealing Dane's "essence" is great.  

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #110 on: June 29, 2010, 12:41:25 AM »
Isn't Robin Williams known material thief too? I know there were a couple of instances that ive heard about where he went on talks shows and told "real life stories" that other comedians use in their acts and passed them off as something that happened to him.

put_it_away

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #111 on: June 29, 2010, 09:37:15 AM »
Isn't Robin Williams known material thief too? I know there were a couple of instances that ive heard about where he went on talks shows and told "real life stories" that other comedians use in their acts and passed them off as something that happened to him.

Yes, and Maron addresses that in the podcast with Robin. It's a good listen.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #112 on: June 29, 2010, 11:12:47 AM »
I somehow missed the Dane Cook and Katt Williams shows. I will have to circle back and check those out.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #113 on: June 29, 2010, 12:32:28 PM »

I also strongly recommend that one.

Hugman 3.0

• Space Champion!
« Reply #114 on: June 29, 2010, 01:22:15 PM »
I somehow missed the Dane Cook and Katt Williams shows. I will have to circle back and check those out.

The Dane Cook is the latest, and there isn't a Katt Williams episode. We just got on a Katt digression.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #115 on: June 29, 2010, 05:49:29 PM »
Katt has lost his mind, that much is true. I find him pretty entertaining in his way.

Reeleyes

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #116 on: June 29, 2010, 08:42:25 PM »
I thought the Dane Cook interview was good but Maron took a turn for the douche toward the end there. He got a bit childish but then kind of brought it back. Cook seemed no douchier than usual.
You look like a really healthy Arthy Lang.

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #117 on: June 29, 2010, 11:11:37 PM »

What was Robin's response?

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #118 on: June 30, 2010, 01:08:47 AM »
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

TacoSmith

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #119 on: June 30, 2010, 10:50:33 AM »
One of my favorite WTF's in recent memory was the one where Marc and Maria Bamford are traveling together. It gets really personal, almost to the point where you feel like you shouldn't be listening in, but is extremely fascinating. Plus, Maria is one of the best people on the planet.
"Straight-up, helicopters are beyond fresh."