Author Topic: Marc Maron  (Read 703583 times)

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
Re: Marc Maron
« Reply #315 on: January 12, 2011, 12:18:54 PM »
That's a funny story. At the last comedy show I went to, the relatively talentless opener made a big show of saying 'I'm the performer! I have to get in!' as he walked up to the club, so...compare and contrast.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #316 on: January 17, 2011, 02:19:46 PM »
One of the ways that I know Maron is really good at this is the fact that I came out of the Kevin Smith interview kinda liking the guy. He did a good job of keeping Smith's excesses in check while still letting him tell his story. Smith kinda lost me again in the last few minutes when he started railing about people who don't like his movies, but up until then I was on his side in a way I haven't ever been before.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

SJK

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #317 on: January 17, 2011, 05:50:16 PM »
I like him, always have. His movies are an acquired taste...I like a few of them. He has a knack for storytelling. The article(and/or account) he wrote about his friend Jason Mews and his experience in dealing with addiction was quite moving. He knows how to write...

amiright??

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #318 on: January 17, 2011, 06:04:42 PM »
One of the ways that I know Maron is really good at this is the fact that I came out of the Kevin Smith interview kinda liking the guy. He did a good job of keeping Smith's excesses in check while still letting him tell his story. Smith kinda lost me again in the last few minutes when he started railing about people who don't like his movies, but up until then I was on his side in a way I haven't ever been before.

I like how he talked about how the critics didn't mean anything to him and he didn't care because his house was so big, but then blamed his critics for all the changes in his more recent career (leaving the viewaskewnaverse [Mike, did I spell that right?], directing Cop Out, etc, etc.)

Lightworks

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #319 on: January 17, 2011, 06:25:26 PM »
Kevin Smith:  "I'm a huge fan of Kinison, that's why I wear the overcoat."

Eric Fishlegs

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #320 on: January 17, 2011, 07:42:10 PM »

Smith is also on Nerdist this week. What's he got coming out that he's shilling so hard?

amiright??

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #321 on: January 17, 2011, 09:04:20 PM »
The Red State teaser.

Pidgeon

« Reply #322 on: January 17, 2011, 09:05:28 PM »
Kevin Smith:  "I'm a huge fan of Kinison, that's why I wear the overcoat."

That and because he's fat.  :o

jbissell

• Space Champion!
« Reply #323 on: January 26, 2011, 11:12:50 AM »
I also couldn't take the Charles Fleischer live episode.  That guy makes Robin Williams seem like Steven Wright.

I'm listening to that one right now. Fucking painful. Especially when he randomly breaks into the "ethnic" voices.It's even worse than what I was expecting from the Robin Williams episode.

Ike

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #324 on: January 28, 2011, 07:39:25 AM »
I wonder how difficult it was for Maron to talk to someone so infinitely more talented, charming, and interesting (Oswalt) YET CONTINUE to remain so woefully self-absorbed.....

I wonder how tough that is to pull off? 

"So, the mouse movie...."

"Yeah, so, then you got a book or something....."

What the fuck indeed! 
Well it's been a long time since I've had my favorite drink

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #325 on: January 28, 2011, 09:19:33 AM »
I wonder how difficult it was for Maron to talk to someone so infinitely more talented, charming, and interesting (Oswalt) YET CONTINUE to remain so woefully self-absorbed.....

I wonder how tough that is to pull off? 

"So, the mouse movie...."

"Yeah, so, then you got a book or something....."

What the fuck indeed!

It seemed pretty obvious to me that Maron was joking around with Oswalt when he said those things. And if it didn't bother Patton, why let it bother you?
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Bernard

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #326 on: January 28, 2011, 10:15:15 AM »
based on marc's tweets yesterday, i'm really looking forward to the gallagher interview.  it sounds much like the av club article. 

for a guy who i don't know much about, i enjoyed the recent joe mande interview.

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #327 on: January 28, 2011, 10:43:13 AM »
... i'm really looking forward to the gallagher interview ...

Oh wow. I'm looking forward to that with a mixture of fascination and dread.
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #328 on: January 28, 2011, 10:54:03 AM »
I'm looking forward to the follow-up interview with Gallagher Too.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #329 on: January 28, 2011, 12:20:20 PM »
I'm looking forward to the follow-up interview with Gallagher Too.

Also with Black Gallagher, and Gallagirl