Author Topic: Marc Maron  (Read 703744 times)

Hugman 3.0

• Space Champion!
Re: Marc Maron
« Reply #360 on: January 31, 2011, 09:27:50 PM »
Gallagher sounds like a drunk, crazy, homeless man. Literally.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #361 on: January 31, 2011, 09:41:06 PM »
Yes, and he doesn't even have a golden voice.

Boogdish

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #362 on: January 31, 2011, 10:38:48 PM »
I wish there was a follow up interview with Gallagher's agent to explain why they thought this would be a good idea.
If you're not a job creator, you better step the fuck away from that hot dog machine.

fish

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #363 on: February 01, 2011, 12:05:25 AM »
I'm really scared to listen to the Gallagher episode.

I didn't even listen to it.

It's definitely entertaining.

"I own the rights to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles."

Ike

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #364 on: February 01, 2011, 12:12:57 AM »
I'm really scared to listen to the Gallagher episode.

I didn't even listen to it.

It's definitely entertaining.

"I own the rights to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles."

!!!

That's it right there. What the fuck, indeed.  He claims he made no money off of it, then reverses this instantly. 

I absolutely loved this episode.
Well it's been a long time since I've had my favorite drink

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #365 on: February 01, 2011, 02:24:30 AM »
The Gallagher twitter account has been confirmed as fake.

I can't believe so many people thought it was real.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #366 on: February 01, 2011, 12:11:32 PM »
There is so much that's great in the Gallagher episode.

-Gallagher's past as a chemist, and his mission to educate people to the dangers of electrons. Also Gallagher going to Universities to talk to Physicists about elementary particles.
-''You were a model before you went into acting.' See, I've practiced this. Why don't I have a talk show?'
-'You won't be able to play the State Fair circuit if you use that approach'.

Also noted is that things really went South once Gallagher started ripping on comics who 'talk too much about themselves', and his 'this is not therapy' remarks, essentially going after Maron's act without knowing it. Of course, we already knew that Gallagher hates all non-Gallagher comics.

All in all, the show was a great cautionary tale about planning for retirement during the time that you are making a crapload of money, should you be fortunate enough to find yourself in such a time.

Big Plastic Head

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #367 on: February 01, 2011, 12:53:26 PM »

When you want something to be real that badly, it is easy to be duped. I believed it (with doubts.)
Congratulations. You are now a mouse cursor inside a graphics program that the client can control by speaking, emailing and instant messaging.

senorcorazon

• Space Champion!
« Reply #368 on: February 01, 2011, 02:11:19 PM »
There is so much that's great in the Gallagher episode.

My favorite part is Marc going "Aww, c'mon Gallagher!" when he leaves. That pretty much sums up society's response to him.

ELECTRONS!

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #369 on: February 01, 2011, 03:15:33 PM »

When you want something to be real that badly, it is easy to be duped. I believed it (with doubts.)

I can see people being fooled at first. It actually was a pretty funny goof on Gallagher's cluelessness on Internet matters (despite his extensive involvement in the hard science world), but eventually it became pretty clear it wasn't him.

effecT

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #370 on: February 02, 2011, 08:08:49 AM »
This Gallagher character is so last millenium in terms of the comedy timeline.
Discrediting storytellers like Maron and C.K. and so many more is just sickening.
He is just not smart enough to please intelligent audiences and that is why he tells raunchy, racist, or homphobic dumbass jokes. He says it is about pleasing the audience and not himself in some form of therapy, but he does not understand the power of the connection people have through the human experience.
Everybody hurts and it is hilarious, if it is framed correctly like C.K. does it.
Also he obviously bullshits.
Go to fucking work at CERN if you are so smart. They must get a pretty decent paycheck.

Pidgeon

« Reply #371 on: February 02, 2011, 10:28:57 AM »
He had my sympathy until he made that remark about being able to make fun of Arabs because "they're the enemy."

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #372 on: February 02, 2011, 04:20:25 PM »
In an interesting bit of coincidence I heard Maron on Talking Animals this morning.  The host, Duncan Strauss, is a comedy nerd and an avid animal lover-note the show's title.  The Maron interview starts at about the 12 minute mark.  More comedy than animal talk. 
He is a good guest and was able to express himself without swearing.  Could be a good Best Show guest.

Quite enjoyable.   Includes Gallagher talk.

http://www.wmnf.org/programs/350

Enter 02/02/2011 in the Select A Date box.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

amiright??

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #373 on: February 02, 2011, 05:47:54 PM »
In an interesting bit of coincidence I heard Maron on Talking Animals this morning.  The host, Duncan Strauss, is a comedy nerd and an avid animal lover-note the show's title.  The Maron interview starts at about the 12 minute mark.  More comedy than animal talk. 
He is a good guest and was able to express himself without swearing.  Could be a good Best Show guest.

Quite enjoyable.   Includes Gallagher talk.

http://www.wmnf.org/programs/350

Enter 02/02/2011 in the Select A Date box.

He is also pretty good about it on Carolla the other day, too...

ALSO - the part Maron talks about at the start of the show, about Gallagher "teaching" him the coffee trick is such a perfect introduction to the whole interview. Love it.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #374 on: February 02, 2011, 07:44:45 PM »

He is also pretty good about it on Carolla the other day, too...

I haven't listened to Carolla.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."