Author Topic: Marc Maron  (Read 703659 times)

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
Re: Marc Maron
« Reply #375 on: February 03, 2011, 07:04:49 AM »

He is also pretty good about it on Carolla the other day, too...

I haven't listened to Carolla.

Nor should you, ever.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #376 on: February 03, 2011, 08:35:44 AM »
Right-o, Dave. 

I have plenty of other stuff to listen to.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

amiright??

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #377 on: February 04, 2011, 06:15:40 PM »
Right-o, Dave. 

You could skip to the Maron parts and listen just the once, if you are so interested. That's how I did it and I made it out okay.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #378 on: February 04, 2011, 07:12:53 PM »

You could skip to the Maron parts
Which are located...?
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

amiright??

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #379 on: February 04, 2011, 07:50:40 PM »

You could skip to the Maron parts
Which are located...?

About 25 minutes into the episode.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #380 on: February 04, 2011, 07:59:43 PM »
Thanks!

fish

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #381 on: February 04, 2011, 08:08:43 PM »
Today I finished a marathon of every episode of this thing (minus two I couldn't get a hold of before they took the old ones down).  Now that that's over, hopefully I will feel less depressed...  Good Lord.  (I still want to hear those 2 for some reason).

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #382 on: February 04, 2011, 09:07:51 PM »
Right-o, Dave. 

You could skip to the Maron parts and listen just the once, if you are so interested. That's how I did it and I made it out okay.

OK, but wait, are you saying there's some chance I would hear Carolla's braying? Because if there's any chance of that, I would rather pierce my lip with a rusty nail.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #383 on: February 04, 2011, 10:55:34 PM »
Today I finished a marathon of every episode of this thing (minus two I couldn't get a hold of before they took the old ones down).  Now that that's over, hopefully I will feel less depressed...  Good Lord.  (I still want to hear those 2 for some reason).

Which 2 have you not heard?
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #384 on: February 05, 2011, 12:46:30 PM »
I did listen to the Patton Oswalt episode a bit late. Yes, he was a dick to Patton. Even if the 'I don't remember your book's name' stuff was a joke, it suggests a sloppy and half-assed approach to the show that is out of character esp. considering Maron obviously takes the show very seriously.

I did like hearing more about the off-stage writing stuff Oswalt does, though.

Denim Gremlin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #385 on: February 05, 2011, 04:06:18 PM »
I did listen to the Patton Oswalt episode a bit late. Yes, he was a dick to Patton. Even if the 'I don't remember your book's name' stuff was a joke, it suggests a sloppy and half-assed approach to the show that is out of character esp. considering Maron obviously takes the show very seriously.

i think it's sorta half shtick half the personality defect he has that gives most of the comedians he interviews stories of how they used to hate him.

i think he just can't help being sort of an asshole all the time and it's pretty much folded itself inside of his comedy and persona.
I was the first guy in hardcore to whip people with his belt.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #386 on: February 05, 2011, 06:16:28 PM »

i think it's sorta half shtick half the personality defect he has that gives most of the comedians he interviews stories of how they used to hate him.

i think he just can't help being sort of an asshole all the time and it's pretty much folded itself inside of his comedy and persona.

Way to say exactly what I was trying to say earlier. I suppose I sympathize with Maron since I, too, sometimes have a hard time resisting the urge to be a jerk to someone I like.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #387 on: February 05, 2011, 06:17:21 PM »
Right-o, Dave. 

OK, but wait, are you saying there's some chance I would hear Carolla's braying? Because if there's any chance of that, I would rather pierce my lip with a rusty nail.

I saw his book in the store and just the title and the dumb cover photo made me want to smash something.

Pidgeon

« Reply #388 on: February 05, 2011, 07:19:22 PM »
Going by the title, is this Carolla's venture into the 'fratire' genre?

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #389 on: February 06, 2011, 09:00:55 AM »
Going by the title, is this Carolla's venture into the 'fratire' genre?

I've said it before, but I don't think it can be over stated: his book title is vile.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?