Author Topic: Marc Maron  (Read 703601 times)

Bernard

• Achilles bursitis
Re: Marc Maron
« Reply #420 on: February 18, 2011, 04:47:03 PM »
thanks, i'd really like to hear it.  i've always been interested on stern's influence on my favorite shows.

colonel panic

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #421 on: February 18, 2011, 04:52:13 PM »
Holy cow, that Gallagher episode get's spirited right off the bat. "Where's MY reality show?". I kind of wonder the same thing; Gallagher and reality TV seems like a natural pairing.

amiright??

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #422 on: February 18, 2011, 05:19:35 PM »
He would have had one, he was just out of town when they called to offer it...

Hugman 3.0

• Space Champion!
« Reply #423 on: February 20, 2011, 06:18:53 PM »
No discussion of the PFT episode??? Shocking!  I loved it.  I've heard Sir Tompkins on many a podcast, and he's a fairly open book on a lot of them (C&EE, especially) but I found this one particularly enlightening and endearing for my own reasons. 

Pidgeon

« Reply #424 on: February 20, 2011, 06:24:31 PM »
Holy cow, that Gallagher episode get's spirited right off the bat. "Where's MY reality show?". I kind of wonder the same thing; Gallagher and reality TV seems like a natural pairing.

A reality show might be too much for me. I can imagine Gallagher's residence similar to that old man's from Best Worst Movie: Weird stuffed animals and classroom posters everywhere, pictures of his own colon up on the wall, etc.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #425 on: February 20, 2011, 10:16:15 PM »
No discussion of the PFT episode??? Shocking!  I loved it.  I've heard Sir Tompkins on many a podcast, and he's a fairly open book on a lot of them (C&EE, especially) but I found this one particularly enlightening and endearing for my own reasons.

My wife suggests a drinking game for those who haven't yet listened to that episode where one takes a drink every time PFT or Maron says 'Yeah. Yeah yeah yeah.'

I did really enjoy the episode - it covers some ground that hasn't been covered in the other podcast appearances. I liked hearing more about the early, pre-famous days of PFT.

Greggulator

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #426 on: February 21, 2011, 02:14:31 PM »

I don't think it's possible to have a longform comedy radio show without being influenced by Howard. And Howard was completely unavoidable for everyone in the NYC radio market when he was breaking out.

I would always check him out if I could - does anyone remember his silly show on WOR?

The WOR show was amazing. I don't know how I'd feel about Homeless Hollywood Squares today but at the time I thought it was the absolute best thing ever on television.

My favorite Stern TV moment is his appearance on The Magic Hour. Stern's obsession with The Magic Hour is some of my favorite things he's ever done.
Listen to my basketball podcast! www.theholdingcourtpodcast.com

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #427 on: March 10, 2011, 10:08:00 AM »
Finally listening to the Maron episode with Tom. I imagine he nearly swallowed his tongue when Maron, speaking of Tim and Eric, said "I get it, they;re kind of like Zappa".

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #428 on: March 15, 2011, 04:53:48 PM »
Has anyone listened to the Kathleen Madigan episode? I'm checking it out now. She is one of my absolute favorites - she is incredibly funny and has been around since forever.

Also want to listen to the Krassner ep ... I am over scheduled so I can't listen to 9/10 of the podcasts I have on my ipod.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

Denim Gremlin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #429 on: March 15, 2011, 04:56:40 PM »
Has anyone listened to the Kathleen Madigan episode? I'm checking it out now. She is one of my absolute favorites - she is incredibly funny and has been around since forever.

Also want to listen to the Krassner ep ... I am over scheduled so I can't listen to 9/10 of the podcasts I have on my ipod.

I liked the Kathleen Madigan episode alot. she tells some funny and weird stories about her relationship with lewis black

after listening to the latest episode of comedy death ray radio I'd love for Marc to interview Paul Reubens

I was the first guy in hardcore to whip people with his belt.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #430 on: March 15, 2011, 05:18:09 PM »
Man, that Dino Stamatopolous episode couldn't end fast enough.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #431 on: March 15, 2011, 05:18:36 PM »

The Krassner episode was one of my least favorites. I still enjoyed it, but I guess I'm just not as interested in hearing stories about Lenny Bruce (whose comedy still doesn't make me laugh, no matter how important or subvervise he was), which is a big part of the conversation.

I'm not at all familiar with Madigan's comedy, but I liked her episode.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #432 on: March 15, 2011, 05:23:00 PM »

The Krassner episode was one of my least favorites. I still enjoyed it, but I guess I'm just not as interested in hearing stories about Lenny Bruce (whose comedy still doesn't make me laugh, no matter how important or subvervise he was), which is a big part of the conversation.

I'm not at all familiar with Madigan's comedy, but I liked her episode.

With the Krassner episode, he did cover a lot of stuff I had read in his autobiography, but to me I actually like those stories to the point where I don't mind some re-telling. Having read about Lenny Bruce and what he was about and what he did I have a lot of respect for the guy. I also confess to having some hippie tendencies and a lot of admiration for Krassner, too, so I liked the episode a lot really.

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #433 on: March 15, 2011, 05:37:40 PM »

Not a big Dino fan? I think he's great.

Denim Gremlin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #434 on: March 15, 2011, 05:58:37 PM »

Not a big Dino fan? I think he's great.

yeah I liked it.
I was the first guy in hardcore to whip people with his belt.