Author Topic: Marc Maron  (Read 703630 times)

Steeley Chris

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: Marc Maron
« Reply #450 on: March 18, 2011, 09:39:44 AM »
Yeah, Maron can have that effect on people. But he can be pretty goddamn funny as well. His last recording was quite good...

I know. I can't stop listening to WTF. He's such a lovable dick (ex. to Patton Oswalt: "I can't figure out what it is that annoys me about you."). I just finished The Rob Corddry, Patton, and Henry Rollins episodes. I working my way up to the Scharpling interview. I can't wait.
"Dad gets mad."

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #451 on: March 18, 2011, 05:03:08 PM »
Yeah, Maron can have that effect on people. But he can be pretty goddamn funny as well. His last recording was quite good...

I know. I can't stop listening to WTF. He's such a lovable dick (ex. to Patton Oswalt: "I can't figure out what it is that annoys me about you."). I just finished The Rob Corddry, Patton, and Henry Rollins episodes. I working my way up to the Scharpling interview. I can't wait.

Scharpling interview is sincerely entertaining and illuminating, whether I need to kiss up to Tom or not.

Hugman 3.0

• Space Champion!
« Reply #452 on: March 19, 2011, 05:32:47 PM »
I like to put my ipod up my ass and listen to WTF anally. What?

Sploops

« Reply #453 on: March 19, 2011, 06:51:11 PM »

Wouldn't it work better if you put the earbuds up there instead of the ipod itself?

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #454 on: March 19, 2011, 06:58:19 PM »

Wouldn't it work better if you put the earbuds up there instead of the ipod itself?
Sploops, are you a scientist, physician or logician?
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Sploops

« Reply #455 on: March 19, 2011, 09:06:46 PM »

Sploops, are you a scientist, physician or logician?

All three, bro.

Hugman 3.0

• Space Champion!
« Reply #456 on: March 20, 2011, 12:39:17 AM »
oops, I meant my iphone. it has bass boost. why?

Rick in Salt Lake

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #457 on: March 22, 2011, 03:05:42 PM »
oops, I meant my iphone. it has bass boost. why?

No problem there. Many people are born with "ass ossicle syndrome"...
"Paradise is exactly like where you are right now. Only much, much better."

"This heaven gives me migraine."

ChipSuey

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #458 on: March 22, 2011, 03:09:32 PM »
So has anyone heard the Carollo interview?  I felt like I ended up with Stockholm syndrome by the end.  I was sympathizing with him by the end of it. 

I didn't like that. 

Sometimes I say stuff here.
http://twitter.com/ThisIsJanic

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #459 on: March 22, 2011, 07:25:56 PM »
So has anyone heard the Carollo interview?  I felt like I ended up with Stockholm syndrome by the end.  I was sympathizing with him by the end of it. 

I didn't like that.

Dave from K-ville waved me off of from that one.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Steeley Chris

« Reply #460 on: March 25, 2011, 04:00:16 PM »
I'm hooked. What I like about the show is that Maron usually has some beef with his guest and he realizes halfway through that his beef is really with himself. Every time. I like the self-realization.
"Dad gets mad."

Pidgeon

« Reply #461 on: March 25, 2011, 05:52:40 PM »
I'm hooked. What I like about the show is that Maron usually has some beef with his guest and he realizes halfway through that his beef is really with himself. Every time. I like the self-realization.

I think that's kind of annoying, but still kind of funny how he apparently had a beef with everybody.

benjo

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #462 on: March 26, 2011, 02:41:25 AM »

I didn't like that.

oh my god, yeah.  it simultaneously made me empathize with him and recoil from him - kind of like the wild whites.

i was almost liking him until he started in with that crypto-racist shark stuff.  "there's certain species of sharks we stay away from, so why shouldn't we stay away from certain kinds of people?"  i kept waiting for him to clarify that he didn't mean certain ethnicities of people didn't correspond to species of sharks, but he clearly didn't.

Pidgeon

« Reply #463 on: March 26, 2011, 12:46:46 PM »
We get it Marc, corporations are bad.

Hugman 3.0

• Space Champion!
« Reply #464 on: March 27, 2011, 01:11:41 PM »
Bobby Slayton's grasp on concepts like literacy in America are just stunning.