Author Topic: Marc Maron  (Read 703610 times)

fonpr

• Space Champion!
Re: Marc Maron
« Reply #540 on: May 31, 2011, 04:46:58 PM »
And what will he call the podcast?
Where's The Fudge?
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

amiright??

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #541 on: May 31, 2011, 05:08:52 PM »
Where's The Fudge?

This forum needs a "Like" button.

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #542 on: May 31, 2011, 05:13:21 PM »
Where's The E.L. Fudge

(past precedent ... and something that made me giggle).
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

fish

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #543 on: May 31, 2011, 06:51:48 PM »
I guess this thread is over now.  It's been real, you guys.

Betty Rooper

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #544 on: June 03, 2011, 02:56:32 AM »
When Maron mentioned me at The Bell House, did he mention that six full months after I hilariously and anonymously criticized his podcast in this thread, he somehow tracked down my real name and then came at me via Facebook private message?!

I doubt it!  That wouldn't jibe with the whole "I'm not a crazy asshole anymore" thing his career resurgence seems to be based upon.

Fuck Marc Maron and his wildly overrated podcast.

And fuck you, Tom, for not sticking up for a 6-year-proponent and not-insignificant-contributor to this show ANY OF THE THREE TIMES Maron has brought me up publicly in your presence over the last year and a half -  on his show, on your show, and again at The Bell House.

Fuck many of you, FOT, not for disagreeing with my highly defendable opinion of the WTF podcast, but for responding to my personal feud with Maron by sending me hateful tweets, FB messages, and even text messages(!) over the last eighteen months.  That was time well spent.

And finally, fuck ME for wasting all this time on this once amazing community that has long since been overrun by hacks, kiss-asses, misanthropes, and dullard hipster attention-whores.   

I accept responsibility for my role in this, but that doesn't mean that the vast majority of you shouldn't blow me.

Good bye!

-David From DC
youtube.com/dorvidbarnas

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #545 on: June 03, 2011, 08:48:26 AM »
did he mention that six full months after I hilariously and anonymously criticized his podcast in this thread

This is the kind of thing it's better to have others say about you than to say about yourself.
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #546 on: June 03, 2011, 09:50:07 AM »
I just kind of ignored the rant because it was so shrill and pointless. So long, David, and don't waste the gift of hilariousness you've been endowed with.

AllSussedOut

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #547 on: June 03, 2011, 10:02:01 AM »
I don't know that I've ever termed myself "David from DC"... but to be on the safe side, if I ever should... I think I'll be "David from Silver Spring."

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #548 on: June 03, 2011, 01:13:45 PM »
Dorvid's future guest appearance on WTF is pretty much inevitable at this point.
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

TacoSmith

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #549 on: June 03, 2011, 04:21:49 PM »
I don't know why I get some morbid thrill out of seeing these internet meltdowns. Don't worry Dorvid, I'm sure one day we'll all see the error of our ways. And THEN who'll be laughing? You! That's who!
"Straight-up, helicopters are beyond fresh."

Jillian Barberie

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #550 on: June 03, 2011, 06:49:11 PM »
"And fuck you, Tom"

Fuck you, Tom???

Uh, no.

FUCK

YOU

DORVID

I've never said that to anybody on the internets, no matter how provoking.
Congrats for being that much of an ASS.

David

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #551 on: June 03, 2011, 07:02:35 PM »
Dorvid criticized a podcast he dislikes. Dorvid's mad we like Maron and madder at Tom for not liking Maron. Dorvid, a grown(?) man, needs us to stick up for his anonymous opinions (the bravest kind of opinions) that we disagree with. Why is Dorvid mad, again?

Denim Gremlin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #552 on: June 03, 2011, 07:32:56 PM »
I think some people forget that being a "friend of tom" doesn't actually mean you're a Tom's friend.

I know the community of fans here is tight, a lot of us have met and gotten to know each other and tom at various points but at the end of the day you're the fan of a fucking radio show, get over it. This isn't some religion or family or fraternity. If this show is so much of your identity that you feel betrayed by it and the rest of the fans for not having your back constantly you need to get a real fucking life.
I was the first guy in hardcore to whip people with his belt.

ChipSuey

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #553 on: June 03, 2011, 07:52:13 PM »
I haven't been an FOT or a board member for very long, but the time I've been on here has been characterized as nothing but good times.  To see it take such a nasty turn is a bummer.  What we have in common is our enjoyment of a radio show which pulls into its orbit a huge panoply (callback!) of pop culture references, which is what makes this board and the people on it so much fun. 

I say we move on from this and not feed any more negative energy into what is basically a waste of time.  I'm sorry to hear that Dorvid had such a bad experience with all this.  But it seems like somewhere along the line things went from "fun" for him to "deadly serious".  And I come here to get away from the "deadly serious" parts of daily living.
Sometimes I say stuff here.
http://twitter.com/ThisIsJanic

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #554 on: June 03, 2011, 08:13:26 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that Dorvid had such a bad experience with all this. 

Me too, sincerely. Dorvid's done some really great and funny stuff as a part of this loosely assembled group, but this over-reaction's at least as bad as Maron's reaction to him. I hope everybody can reign in the emotion explosions and we can get back to the funny.