Author Topic: Marc Maron  (Read 703627 times)

Lothar_Brightblade

Re: Marc Maron
« Reply #585 on: July 08, 2011, 11:54:03 PM »
That Nick Thune interview was really something else.

I don't know how I feel about it. What was interesting was that at the end of the episode it was hard to perceive how Marc felt about the guy. It's usually not so grey going out.

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #586 on: July 10, 2011, 03:01:06 PM »
I really enjoyed the frequency and the sincerity with which Larry Miller exclaimed, "And that's no baloney!"

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #587 on: July 10, 2011, 04:01:45 PM »
At several points during the Larry Miller episode I thought, "His catchphrase must be 'You know whut?'".

mostlymeat

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #588 on: July 14, 2011, 07:16:10 PM »

I don't know how I feel about it. What was interesting was that at the end of the episode it was hard to perceive how Marc felt about the guy. It's usually not so grey going out.

Maron came across as really condescending with Nick Thune....why bother having someone on that you don't like or admire or even want to talk to in some way? The guy was smart and payed his dues but Maron just seems bitter than Thune is so young and successful (or something).

I've become a big fan of WTF this year but this was the first one that left a gnarly taste in my mouth.

-Ajax

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #589 on: July 14, 2011, 09:14:36 PM »

Maron came across as really condescending with Nick Thune....why bother having someone on that you don't like or admire or even want to talk to in some way? The guy was smart and payed his dues but Maron just seems bitter than Thune is so young and successful (or something).

I've become a big fan of WTF this year but this was the first one that left a gnarly taste in my mouth.

-Ajax

Really? I am a Christian, and I couldn't believe how constructive their discussion was. I have recommended it to half a dozen friends.

Lothar_Brightblade

« Reply #590 on: July 14, 2011, 09:51:04 PM »

-Ajax

Really? I am a Christian, and I couldn't believe how constructive their discussion was. I have recommended it to half a dozen friends.

I agree with Dave. Not a Christian, but I think Marc might have learned something during the talk. I really think it could have gone on longer to achieve better closure though.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #591 on: July 15, 2011, 01:21:20 AM »
Has he talked to the puppet guy yet?  Or any of the Blue Collar Comedy Guys?

I can't be bothered to do a search, even though typing in this post took more time than it would to look.  Admittedly, I don't know the name of the Blue Collar Comedy guys.  Jeff Foxworthy, is he one of them?
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Dan of Orange

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #592 on: July 15, 2011, 05:37:39 AM »
Foxworthy is a blue comedy guy I would say and I don't think MM has interviewed him or Larry the Cable Guy or Larry the David guy.
Of all the guys, I am one of them.
http://danoforange.blogspot.com/

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #593 on: July 15, 2011, 06:29:52 AM »
Has he talked to the puppet guy yet?  Or any of the Blue Collar Comedy Guys?

I can't be bothered to do a search, even though typing in this post took more time than it would to look.  Admittedly, I don't know the name of the Blue Collar Comedy guys.  Jeff Foxworthy, is he one of them?

Don't know the redneck comedy guys? Please see the 2010 Marathon DVD.

crumbum

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #594 on: July 15, 2011, 07:56:47 AM »
Who are the other remaining dream guests? I'm hoping against hope that Steve Coogan makes an appearance someday, as well as Steve Merchant. Dave Chapelle would be interesting, and it seems like Jon Stewart is overdue.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #595 on: July 15, 2011, 09:15:52 AM »
More Borscht-Belt comedians, am I right?
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #596 on: July 15, 2011, 09:18:54 AM »
He's mentioned Albert Brooks and Will Ferrell as dream guests that he's having a hard time reaching. At this point, I'm pretty sure Jon Stewart's not going to happen. I've also heard him mention Iggy Pop and Tom Waits as dream guests.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Dan of Orange

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #597 on: July 15, 2011, 04:23:49 PM »
I'm sure Coogan and Merchant would be there in a second if the schedule lined up right.

Eric Fishlegs

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #598 on: July 16, 2011, 07:47:21 PM »
Who are the other remaining dream guests? I'm hoping against hope that Steve Coogan makes an appearance someday, as well as Steve Merchant. Dave Chapelle would be interesting, and it seems like Jon Stewart is overdue.

I'd like to see Rosanne interviewed. If we're really talking DREAM guests who we never seriously expect to see I'd say Bill Cosby.

Dan of Orange

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #599 on: July 16, 2011, 11:31:54 PM »
John Wesley Shipp and Spike: Marc explores the celebrity/fan relationship as these two meet in person for the first time, security will be provided.