Author Topic: Marc Maron  (Read 703585 times)

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
Re: Marc Maron
« Reply #600 on: July 17, 2011, 03:03:41 PM »
Dream guests: Dana Carvey, Dennis Miller, Victoria Jackson

Hugman 3.0

• Space Champion!
« Reply #601 on: July 17, 2011, 07:47:29 PM »
I can't think of anyone I'd like to hear him interview more than Katt Williams.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #602 on: July 17, 2011, 09:52:02 PM »
It's really too bad he never got Robert Schimmel or Greg Giraldo on the show.

For those who didn't see it, Marc was really great on Real Time this week.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #603 on: July 28, 2011, 11:45:48 AM »
For those who don't subscribe or listen regularly, the live show featuring Tom is up this week and it's great.

Rhymes with Don Draper

• Policemans heel
« Reply #604 on: July 28, 2011, 02:38:45 PM »
Because I heard Marc Maron and Tom Scharpling talk about Maron's critics on this board on the latest live ep of WTF, I just want to say that I've had a positive change-of-heart regarding Mr. Maron's interviewing style as well as his comedy (both things that I've criticized here.)

Through listening to even more episodes of WTF and reading interviews of him, I've grown to appreciate Maron, his work, and his interviewing style, and I understand now that he's basically a vulnerable, thoughtful guy who has interesting theories on what makes comedians tick.

So, Mr. Maron, I think you're great. And if you're thinking "why does this guy think I'm vulnerable?", I'll just say that your status as a cat-lover is a dead giveaway. :-)

Hugman 3.0

• Space Champion!
« Reply #605 on: July 28, 2011, 07:59:23 PM »
OH THE TRAGEDY! Tom DID defend Dorvid! 

JayfromBoston

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #606 on: July 28, 2011, 11:41:04 PM »
I just started listening. I am a huge fan of Tom and Marc and I have to say it was a "Vice" mag article that brought me to both ( tho a friend of mine played me "Rock, Rot & Rule" a few years ago & loved it! ). This is great...
"Call on God but row away from rocks" --HST

amiright??

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #607 on: July 29, 2011, 11:19:25 AM »
This was hands-down, the best live WTF to date, and I say this as someone who looks forward to the live ones.  GREAT JOB ALL INVOLVED.

I could have done without all the Rush bashing nonsense, although I'm happy Tom came to his senses at the end.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #608 on: July 29, 2011, 02:05:54 PM »
This was hands-down, the best live WTF to date, and I say this as someone who looks forward to the live ones.  GREAT JOB ALL INVOLVED.

I could have done without all the Rush bashing nonsense, although I'm happy Tom came to his senses at the end.

Well, Mr. Limbaugh does have a lot of fans...
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

ChipSuey

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #609 on: July 29, 2011, 04:06:26 PM »
Maron's keynote address to the Just for Laffs festival in Montreal is up.  Well, the transcript, anyway. 

http://thecomicscomic.com/2011/07/28/marc-marons-powerful-keynote-address-at-montreals-jfl-2011/

Sometimes I say stuff here.
http://twitter.com/ThisIsJanic

Keith Whitener

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #610 on: July 29, 2011, 07:49:30 PM »
Pauly Shore

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #611 on: July 29, 2011, 10:05:48 PM »
From watching his Jimmy Fallon appearance, it sounds like he might've interviewed Andrew Dice Clay recently. That should be interesting.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #612 on: August 03, 2011, 09:00:21 PM »
I was much more familiar with the idea of Andrew Dice Clay than his actual material, so I wasn't sure what to expect, but I thought he came across as a more likable version of what I expected. I did get a big laugh when he did the female voice during the interview and it was EXACTLY like Tom's impersonation.

Eric Fishlegs

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #613 on: August 04, 2011, 12:19:56 AM »
I was much more familiar with the idea of Andrew Dice Clay than his actual material, so I wasn't sure what to expect, but I thought he came across as a more likable version of what I expected. I did get a big laugh when he did the female voice during the interview and it was EXACTLY like Tom's impersonation.

I havent listened yet, but I can't help but notice that Dice pulled a Bobby Slayton and managed to get his son on the show as well.

Maron

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #614 on: August 04, 2011, 06:09:45 PM »
The kid was my idea.