Author Topic: Marc Maron  (Read 703595 times)

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
Re: Marc Maron
« Reply #690 on: December 05, 2011, 03:16:20 PM »
I'm extremely apprehensive about listening to the Anthony Bourdain interview. I like No Reservations but I get the feeling it would be a real chore to hang around with the guy.

I like both Maron (what little I've heard) and Bourdain (heard and seen a lot of him, including a live talk).  I have the feeling that they're a lot, a lot, a lot alike.  I don't know whether that makes for good radio or bad.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Hugman 3.0

• Space Champion!
« Reply #691 on: December 05, 2011, 07:07:19 PM »
I think every episode is worth listening to regardless of the guest. A lot of my favorite episodes are guests I'm not super huge fans of, and some of the times when I am (Hannibal Buress comes to mind) the episode is a total B-.
The opening chat of the Dr. Steve episode nearly made me cry.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #692 on: December 05, 2011, 08:32:01 PM »
  I don't know whether that makes for good radio or bad.
You most certainly dieu.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #693 on: December 06, 2011, 08:03:46 AM »
I think every episode is worth listening to regardless of the guest. A lot of my favorite episodes are guests I'm not super huge fans of, and some of the times when I am (Hannibal Buress comes to mind) the episode is a total B-.

I've listened to every episode, so I agree with you. I listened to the Bourdain and enjoyed it. I'm not exactly sure what I was expecting, but I didn't get it. His TV persona is one of those swaggering dum-dums who thinks that talking about how much he loves to eat meat makes him more of a macho man or something, but in the interview he came across as much more insecure and thoughtful, which made for good listening.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #694 on: December 06, 2011, 09:37:13 PM »

I've listened to every episode, so I agree with you. I listened to the Bourdain and enjoyed it. I'm not exactly sure what I was expecting, but I didn't get it. His TV persona is one of those swaggering dum-dums who thinks that talking about how much he loves to eat meat makes him more of a macho man or something, but in the interview he came across as much more insecure and thoughtful, which made for good listening.

The Bourdain episode was a delight! 
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #695 on: December 06, 2011, 11:57:48 PM »

The Bourdain episode was a delight!

I am waiting for the Ty Tabor episode

Mr. Spacely

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #696 on: December 07, 2011, 11:10:00 PM »
Just finished up the Penn Jillette interview.  Very entertaining. Loved the Al Goldstein story.

I've seen Penn & Teller four times over the last twenty years and every time has been totally different and well worth it. Also, they sign autographs after every show and are unfailingly polite and gracious.

Penn also had his own radio show a few years back. It was generally a bit iffy (you're either a talk radio host, or your not), but his interviews with Trey Parker and Matt Stone, as well as the Mythbusters guys, were very entertaining. Apparently, all Libertarian Atheists hang out all the time and are generally great interviews.
If I tried, I could probably make at least six figures for shaking my moneymaker.

I'm on Twitter @asmuniz

Ike

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #697 on: December 16, 2011, 08:38:58 AM »
Kevin Pollak's interview is gross. 

I should attempt to spell his name right, though. 
Well it's been a long time since I've had my favorite drink

mostlymeat

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #698 on: December 16, 2011, 11:13:38 AM »
I loved the Penn Jillette interview. I wasn't a fan going in but now I am - he's got great stories! And worked hard, studying schtick when he was young at the tv&radio museum and stuff. He did the work, as Tom likes to say.

Am I the only one who was disappointed that the Mary Lynn Rajskub interview didn't mention Girls Guitar Club? I love this movie!!

The Girls Guitar Club

Big Plastic Head

« Reply #699 on: December 16, 2011, 06:45:47 PM »
I loved the Penn Jillette interview. I wasn't a fan going in but now I am - he's got great stories! And worked hard, studying schtick when he was young at the tv&radio museum and stuff. He did the work, as Tom likes to say.

Am I the only one who was disappointed that the Mary Lynn Rajskub interview didn't mention Girls Guitar Club? I love this movie!!

The Girls Guitar Club

I LOVE Girls Guitar Club. Don't want to admit how hard I looked for a higher resolution version of this a year or so ago.

"Do you like Krispy Kreme Doughnuts? Well here are some Krispy Kreme Doughnuts for your ears!"
Congratulations. You are now a mouse cursor inside a graphics program that the client can control by speaking, emailing and instant messaging.

mostlymeat

« Reply #700 on: December 16, 2011, 07:13:49 PM »

The Girls Guitar Club

I LOVE Girls Guitar Club. Don't want to admit how hard I looked for a higher resolution version of this a year or so ago.

"Do you like Krispy Kreme Doughnuts? Well here are some Krispy Kreme Doughnuts for your ears!"

I agree there should be a hi-res version somewhere! Also this is one of the first movies directed by Ruben "Zombieland" Fleischer! I love his work.

Hey this looks higher-res!

http://ruben.fm/video-detail.php?id=29&page=3

Mr. Spacely

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #701 on: December 16, 2011, 10:30:13 PM »
Thinking about how Marc and Tom finally did each other's shows this past year...

Is there a reason why Louis C.K. has never appeared on TBSOWFMU?
If I tried, I could probably make at least six figures for shaking my moneymaker.

I'm on Twitter @asmuniz

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #702 on: December 17, 2011, 01:19:53 AM »
Louis CK did appear, in the form of him saying 'Hi' during one of Todd Barry's call-ins.

Rick in Salt Lake

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #703 on: December 17, 2011, 05:51:23 PM »
Penn also had his own radio show a few years back. It was generally a bit iffy (you're either a talk radio host, or your not), but his interviews with Trey Parker and Matt Stone, as well as the Mythbusters guys, were very entertaining. Apparently, all Libertarian Atheists hang out all the time and are generally great interviews.

IT'S MONKEY TUESDAY!
"Paradise is exactly like where you are right now. Only much, much better."

"This heaven gives me migraine."

Big Plastic Head

« Reply #704 on: December 18, 2011, 11:36:37 AM »

The Girls Guitar Club

I agree there should be a hi-res version somewhere! Also this is one of the first movies directed by Ruben "Zombieland" Fleischer! I love his work.

Hey this looks higher-res!

http://ruben.fm/video-detail.php?id=29&page=3

Nice! Thanks!
Congratulations. You are now a mouse cursor inside a graphics program that the client can control by speaking, emailing and instant messaging.