Author Topic: Marc Maron  (Read 703698 times)

Eric Fishlegs

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: Marc Maron
« Reply #750 on: February 13, 2012, 07:23:14 PM »
Yeah, yikes.  I gave up on the Matt Graham one when he started calling all women cunts, and I was like, what sane person would want to date this annoying crazy dude?  Then I listened to the beginning of the Bill Lawrence interview and heard Maron talk about all the emails he was getting, so I went back.  Hoo boy.  I know he explained it pretty thoroughly, but how does one manage to do that?

On a lighter (but still kinda sad) note, I read Fred Stoller's Kindle Single from hearing his WTF interview and it was pretty great.

I thought the Matt graham interview was fascinating. Not in a good way, but I still couldn't stop listening. I'm not convinced Marc really needed to leave in the end bit where Matt essentially begs him for $50, but I also can't say that if Matt knew he was being recorded then there's no reason not to use it and again, it was weirdly compelling and sad.

akaJudge

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #751 on: February 14, 2012, 12:59:28 PM »
Man, I HOPE that part at the end was a bit, but it sure didn't feel like one.  I thought that guy seemed really bitter and sad.  I was not rooting for him at the end.
Your vigor for life appalls me.

Mark in Helsinki

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #752 on: February 14, 2012, 01:34:53 PM »
Man, I HOPE that part at the end was a bit, but it sure didn't feel like one.  I thought that guy seemed really bitter and sad.  I was not rooting for him at the end.

No it didn't. But like someone else up in here said, he knew that he was talking into a microphone; he actually came back to add that Afterword. It was hard to listen to.
"Is this me?"

crumbum

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #753 on: February 15, 2012, 08:27:59 AM »
The Nick Lowe interview was a delight. There is no musician I have more love for than him, and he and Marc seemed to get along well.

Rick in Salt Lake

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #754 on: February 18, 2012, 07:27:37 PM »
According to Maron's Twitter feed coming soon: Maron vs Wayne Coyne...

That should be great. Even if you don't care for The Flaming Lips, Wayne seems like one of the genuinely nicest and coolest guys around...
"Paradise is exactly like where you are right now. Only much, much better."

"This heaven gives me migraine."

Rick in Salt Lake

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #755 on: February 19, 2012, 10:39:23 AM »

As do I. I was kinda turned off by the bit near the beginning of the final part when he was discussing the woman he met. If this part is true, he might want to think about two things:
1) If you're doing comedy about what a loser you are AND you think you're a loser, many women will get turned off...
2) Many women aren't into guys who actually view women as "soul crushing cunts"...
"Paradise is exactly like where you are right now. Only much, much better."

"This heaven gives me migraine."

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #756 on: February 20, 2012, 10:08:15 PM »
Finally got to the Matt Graham interview. Pretty tough sledding all the way, although by the end my mind was mentally filtering out 'you know'. Tragic really, a classic case of somebody with raw talent and intellect just never getting it together.

Paul DeLouisiana

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #757 on: February 21, 2012, 01:47:03 PM »
The Marc and Tom Show!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just started!

Vic 4

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #758 on: February 21, 2012, 04:38:06 PM »
^ I was just about to post about this.  I'm extremely excited about the Marc and Tom Show!  It's the first thing on my schedule for tomorrow morning.
half animal, part party machine

mostlymeat

« Reply #759 on: February 21, 2012, 05:07:34 PM »

What's the Marc & Tom show? Is Tom on WTF or vice-versa?

HELP! CONFUSED!

Paul DeLouisiana

« Reply #760 on: February 21, 2012, 05:34:59 PM »
Check the WTF updates. The newest ep is with Tom.

Vic 4

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #761 on: February 21, 2012, 05:36:13 PM »

What's the Marc & Tom show? Is Tom on WTF or vice-versa?

HELP! CONFUSED!

www.wtfpod.com/dispatches/entries/the_marc_tom_show

The post states it's neither WTF nor Best Show but something entirely different.
half animal, part party machine

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #762 on: February 22, 2012, 12:21:22 PM »
"You want me to ruin Moby Dick for you?"
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #763 on: February 23, 2012, 01:21:30 AM »
"You want me to ruin Moby Dick for you?"

Short riff, long drum solo.
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #764 on: February 23, 2012, 10:19:30 AM »
I know opinion is pretty divided on the merits of the live episodes, but the recent Boston show is one of my all-time favorite WTF episodes.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.