Author Topic: Marc Maron  (Read 703664 times)

Dan of Orange

• Achilles bursitis
Re: Marc Maron
« Reply #795 on: March 12, 2012, 04:23:25 PM »
The Mindy Kaling episode? That didn't seem to go well...
Of all the guys, I am one of them.
http://danoforange.blogspot.com/

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #796 on: March 12, 2012, 09:11:08 PM »
The Mindy Kaling episode? That didn't seem to go well...

It didn't? It seemed OK to me.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Lemon Session

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #797 on: March 12, 2012, 10:18:57 PM »
I have a feeling she didn't realize how defensive and harsh-sounding she was during it.

crumbum

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #798 on: March 13, 2012, 09:45:47 AM »
I haven't finished it yet but so far it just sounds like they're simply not connecting on a basic level and both are having trouble staying interested. It was funny to me when she brought up the Matt and Ben thing and he just moved on without asking about it.

Rick in Salt Lake

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #799 on: March 17, 2012, 07:46:42 PM »
Objectively, the dialogue in the movies she's written really sucks, and I thought so long before I even knew she used to be a stripper.

I tend to agree with you. After seeing "Juno" (and fighting the urge to leave during the first 40 or so minutes) I suddenly realized why some people hate the dialogue in "Pulp Fiction"...

That said, "Juno" I thought had a really satisfying ending and the scenes between Bateman and Garner I quite liked...

Has the stripper business ever been verified? For some reason I just never believed that...
"Paradise is exactly like where you are right now. Only much, much better."

"This heaven gives me migraine."

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #800 on: March 18, 2012, 05:13:12 PM »
Has the stripper business ever been verified? For some reason I just never believed that...

She wrote a book about it ... I don't know of any accusations that she made that stuff up.
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

Paul DeLouisiana

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #801 on: March 21, 2012, 06:45:37 PM »
Here's A Day In The Life of Marc Maron: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/12/marc-maron-hulu-a-day-in-the-life_n_1340130.html

Man I had a completely different picture of his setup in my head.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #802 on: March 21, 2012, 07:17:13 PM »
IFC did a series order for his semi-autobiographical series, which is great news for him. I'll be interested to see if it has any effect on the podcast.

Hugman 3.0

• Space Champion!
« Reply #803 on: March 21, 2012, 09:26:31 PM »
IFC did a series order for his semi-autobiographical series, which is great news for him. I'll be interested to see if it has any effect on the podcast.

I've seen the pilot, and it's very good.

Paul DeLouisiana

« Reply #804 on: March 24, 2012, 01:14:20 AM »
I was kinda bummed the Offerman didn't get into his ties to Austin and his work with Bob Byington.

Somebody Up There Likes Me - SXSW 2012 Accepted Film

MC Shakespeare

• Policemans heel
« Reply #805 on: March 27, 2012, 08:14:59 PM »
Michael Cera is a charming dude. I also completely agree with him on Ricky Gervais. It made me go re-watch some Office episodes.

Dan of Orange

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #806 on: March 28, 2012, 01:03:11 AM »
Ricky is in a weird place lately, Michael Cera seems way too normal, he reminds me of Michael Palin in that way.
Of all the guys, I am one of them.
http://danoforange.blogspot.com/

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #807 on: March 28, 2012, 08:05:51 AM »
My favorite part of the Cera interview was the story of introducing his mother to Jeffrey Tambor.

Crusherkc

« Reply #808 on: March 28, 2012, 09:05:45 AM »
When Maron talks to people outside his wheelhouse like Michael Cera- younger, successful, not exactly in stand-up- he tends to roll over his guests' attempts to answer by beginning another question.  It's not necessarily a  bad thing exactly, more conversational than rude, but I get the impression Maron's not really listening if he asks no follow-ups or moves on to another point.  Example: he asks Cera about the British comedy he likes then interjects that "yeah, I'm not wired for British comedy", which for WTF listeners we know. Woulda been nice to hear more of Cera's opinion of good Brit-coms instead of getting misdirected cuz the host lost interest. 

But that's Maron being Maron, he is who he is and I'm still a fan.  On the other hand, I kind of enjoy when an old-timer like Fred Willard won't get out of the way of his own storytelling and Maron has to buckle down to get a word in.  Also, the WTF with Mary Mack was quite charming.
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #809 on: March 29, 2012, 01:36:03 PM »
The new one with Jeffrey Tamboor might be the best episode ever. Here's a photo of the ridiculous chairs they were complaining about.

"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009