Author Topic: Marc Maron  (Read 705381 times)

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
Re: Marc Maron
« Reply #885 on: May 23, 2012, 03:00:27 PM »
Using your middle initial is cool, though.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #886 on: May 23, 2012, 03:33:31 PM »
Ha ha, that dude at Grantland did an unfunny version of this thing mere days after the funnier version of it was published.

Yes, I saw that and was trying to place it.

I don't know if that qualifies as plagiarism-for-reals, but it counts as Mencia-ing, at least.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Greggulator

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #887 on: May 23, 2012, 04:06:23 PM »
HAHAHAHA! What a scumbag. I seriously hope he this blows up in his face.

For disclouse sake, I do have a grudge against this clown. He linked to the Carmen Sandiego Video I'm in that's on YouTube and made snarky comments about the 12-year-old me in an AmIdol snark-fest. I rather enjoy people making fun of me for being on that show. I just don't want to have anything to do with the cottage industry of professional bullying.

F that guy so much.
Listen to my basketball podcast! www.theholdingcourtpodcast.com

Tom Scharpling

• I RUN THIS.
« Reply #888 on: May 23, 2012, 06:01:24 PM »
That was one of the dopiest pieces I've read in ages. Not to mention the straight-up lift from the other piece from last week. Unbelievable.

Tom.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #889 on: May 24, 2012, 10:28:53 AM »
Maron's interview with Killer Beaz just hit itunes. For many years I listened to streaming comedy radio stations when I used to be a book buyer - ugh, there were a ton of long boring stretches like when you had to do backlist orders, you'd have to look at 100s of titles a day zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. So we would all listen to comedy constantly & trade CDs and stuff, and also internet streaming stuff - on the streaming stations I heard all kinds of guys who I would've never checked out otherwise, and Killer Beaz was one of them. His goofy charm is really sort of adorable.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

Crusherkc

« Reply #890 on: May 24, 2012, 11:25:59 AM »
Killer Beaz was one of them. His goofy charm is really sort of adorable.

Great conversation, listened to it first thing while at work.  I loved how MM was in Zelig-mode (which he's admitted to lapse in to) b/c he began to use the southern drawl. I would too, KB's accent is charming. Danny McBride from last week was great also. I think Maron wants to be a Good Ol' Boy.

And that act of plagarism from Grantland, what a...maroon.
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #891 on: May 24, 2012, 11:42:10 AM »
The Ron Shock episode has been re-released to the podcast feed to mark his passing, so if you didn't hear it the first time, it's worth checking out. One of my favorite WTFs.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #892 on: May 24, 2012, 12:43:57 PM »
[I think Maron wants to be a Good Ol' Boy.

Everyone does, eventually.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

danner

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #893 on: May 24, 2012, 06:37:15 PM »
Great conversation, listened to it first thing while at work.  I loved how MM was in Zelig-mode (which he's admitted to lapse in to) b/c he began to use the southern drawl. I would too, KB's accent is charming. Danny McBride from last week was great also. I think Maron wants to be a Good Ol' Boy.

Yeah, that was a fun one. As a fellow southerner, I really got a kick out of hearing Marc hit it off with a guy so seemingly outside of his wheelhouse. I'm not very familiar with Beaz's comedy, but he used to play around Birmingham all the time in the 90s.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #894 on: May 25, 2012, 11:07:33 AM »
There were lots of good stories in the Danny McBride episode, it is a recent favorite.

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #895 on: May 25, 2012, 06:39:25 PM »

Killer Beaz was one of them. His goofy charm is really sort of adorable.

Listening to it now ...

"Well soon, MY barbecue's gonna be the best, because I just bought me a smoker for my patio ... electronic digital smoker with the re-MOTE!!"
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #896 on: May 25, 2012, 11:52:46 PM »
I had no idea who Killer Beaz was before this episode, but what a great interview. If he plays a club near me, I will be there.

I also liked hearing Marc get all nerdy about Lynyrd Skynyrd.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Eric Fishlegs

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #897 on: May 26, 2012, 01:32:28 AM »
I had no idea who Killer Beaz was before this episode, but what a great interview. If he plays a club near me, I will be there.

I also liked hearing Marc get all nerdy about Lynyrd Skynyrd.

For some reason I like getting interviews with guys I never heard of like Killer Beaz (who does indeed sound like a funny and charming guy) I just figure if I've never heard of him it's probably because he comes from a world I know nothing about so he should have interesting things to say as opposed to the B level comedians I have heard of and maybe even enjoy, but don't really care about just because they come from a world I already heard explored. I'd love to have more guests on who are maybe off the beaten path.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #898 on: May 26, 2012, 09:17:04 AM »
Grantland kinda sucks in general.  For a minute I got it mixed up with Joyland, which I like, but I'm relieved that it's not.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #899 on: May 26, 2012, 09:18:01 AM »
Also:

"And when Maron began to ask Kaling about her demons, it was all I could do to not wrench the wheel and steer my car into oncoming traffic."

Don't do us any favors, buddy!
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.