Author Topic: Marc Maron  (Read 703779 times)

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
Re: Marc Maron
« Reply #900 on: May 26, 2012, 09:22:08 AM »
Oh yeah -- while I can't take Eastbound and Down for more than 2 minutes at a time, I really liked Danny McBride a lot.  The story about walking home with your waiter's apron and crying really resonated with me.  (I think Andy Daly's brilliant, too -- am I missing something?)  I also found Killer Beaz utterly charming.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

wood and iron

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #901 on: May 26, 2012, 10:04:02 AM »
The only good things to come out of Grantland are the Hollywood Perspectus and the Men in Blazers podcasts.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #902 on: May 26, 2012, 11:16:55 PM »
Oh yeah -- while I can't take Eastbound and Down for more than 2 minutes at a time, I really liked Danny McBride a lot.  The story about walking home with your waiter's apron and crying really resonated with me.  (I think Andy Daly's brilliant, too -- am I missing something?) 

The UK Office is a big influence on E&D, so I guess it depends how you feel about it (and other stuff that aggressively encourage you to despise the protagonist). E&D is one of my favorite things in recent memory, but I can also understand anyone who says they can't watch it.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #903 on: May 26, 2012, 11:36:06 PM »
Oh yeah -- while I can't take Eastbound and Down for more than 2 minutes at a time, I really liked Danny McBride a lot.  The story about walking home with your waiter's apron and crying really resonated with me.  (I think Andy Daly's brilliant, too -- am I missing something?) 

The UK Office is a big influence on E&D, so I guess it depends how you feel about it (and other stuff that aggressively encourage you to despise the protagonist). E&D is one of my favorite things in recent memory, but I can also understand anyone who says they can't watch it.

The first episode of the latest season really put me off, since Kenny was so aggressively obnoxious with seemingly no consequences (as opposed to his many humiliations of the previous seasons). I ended up not going back to it for a month, but then I got back on board as Kenny went into the inevitable slide. I am a horrible person. Also I liked the funeral episode a lot. I am horrible.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #904 on: May 26, 2012, 11:46:22 PM »

Killer Beaz was one of them. His goofy charm is really sort of adorable.

Listening to it now ...

"Well soon, MY barbecue's gonna be the best, because I just bought me a smoker for my patio ... electronic digital smoker with the re-MOTE!!"

The image of men in Sam's Club high-fiving and fist-bumping over a digital BBQ smoker delighted me.

I also got a huge laugh when Beaz said something along the lines of "Whenever I hear someone talking with the same accent as me, I always think he's going to be an idiot."

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #905 on: May 27, 2012, 10:31:34 AM »

See, I love the UK office.  Maybe it's because Kenny Powers doesn't even have the subtlety of David Brent or Gareth Keenan?  OK, maybe he's about as subtle as Gareth.  Of course, I have a lot more history with Kenny Powers types than I do any English asshole, so maybe it's that. 
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #906 on: May 27, 2012, 03:40:14 PM »

Listening to it now ...

"Well soon, MY barbecue's gonna be the best, because I just bought me a smoker for my patio ... electronic digital smoker with the re-MOTE!!"

The image of men in Sam's Club high-fiving and fist-bumping over a digital BBQ smoker delighted me.

I also got a huge laugh when Beaz said something along the lines of "Whenever I hear someone talking with the same accent as me, I always think he's going to be an idiot."

Hey, I'm right over here

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #907 on: May 27, 2012, 04:04:56 PM »

Listening to it now ...

Hey, I'm right over here

Please don't mistake my comment for some sort of snarky/ironic condescension. Both of these things gave me genuine joy.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #908 on: May 28, 2012, 07:04:09 AM »

Listening to it now ...

Hey, I'm right over here

Please don't mistake my comment for some sort of snarky/ironic condescension. Both of these things gave me genuine joy.

I know, Bubba, I'm just riding you a little. You're part of the Klik with me and Jason!

worm@work

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #909 on: May 31, 2012, 12:10:06 PM »
Just listened to Marc's rather short conversation with Tony Clifton. Oh boy.

Flood

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #910 on: June 01, 2012, 01:05:31 AM »
FOTpediaAP Mike Day! – I feed you garbage!

Paul DeLouisiana

« Reply #911 on: June 13, 2012, 11:59:49 AM »
Get it: http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/the-marc-and-tom-show/id531038918

Man my Itunes sucks. Won't let me buy it. Is there any other way to get this?

Treeclimber

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #912 on: July 19, 2012, 04:01:23 PM »
Fiona Apple is scared of Paul F.Tompkins...

moonshake

« Reply #913 on: July 30, 2012, 03:02:33 PM »
On the 300th episode, Andy Kindler reveals just how much he loves TBSOW*! As a huge fan of both TBSOW and Andy Kindler, I was overjoyed.

*spoiler: and even does impressions of Tom making fun of Jim Morrison and Tom Waits.
"You want me to recognize you and I won't. I won't acknowledge you! I deny you. So you keep begging and begging. The door is slammed on you. I want nothing to do with you. You will die unrecognized by me."
-Tom Scharpling

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #914 on: July 31, 2012, 04:00:43 PM »
Yeah, I notice Kindler Tweeting Best Show-related tweets during the show pretty often.