Author Topic: Podcast Suggestions?  (Read 650449 times)

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
Re: Podcast Suggestions?
« Reply #480 on: June 09, 2011, 10:39:08 PM »
I actually unironically like watching 'Cake Boss' with my daughter sometimes. He comes up with some great cakes! Also it allows me to appreciate PFT's impression on a whole other level from you people.

wood and iron

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #481 on: June 10, 2011, 07:59:28 AM »
I have ditched the Nerdist for good. Man, those guys have nothing to say and turns out, they're jerks!

I haven't listed for awhile, but I don't remember getting a jerky vibe from any of them. That's too bad.

Did you hear the episode where Chris Hardwick talks about pulling a "do you know who I am" to the security guard in the building where they tape the podcast and where Chris films Web Soup? And the other two guys back him up and think what he did was appropriate. Their argument was: a security guard at a television studio should know EVERY SINGLE person who is on the channel. It was pretty disgusting.

amiright??

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #482 on: June 10, 2011, 10:10:50 AM »
See also the most recent appearance on Jordan, Jesse Go where he goes on about he's typically the smartest dude in the room and how difficult that can be.

Matt

• Space Champion!
« Reply #483 on: June 10, 2011, 01:28:42 PM »
I've always gotten douche vibes from Chris Hardwick, which is why I never even bothered giving The Nerdist a listen. I don't feel I'm missing out on very much.
It ain't ego, it's my love for you.

wood and iron

« Reply #484 on: June 10, 2011, 04:09:04 PM »
See also the most recent appearance on Jordan, Jesse Go where he goes on about he's typically the smartest dude in the room and how difficult that can be.

Any plans to get him on Am I Right? You might want to re-read your physics book beforehand.

mike_b

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #485 on: June 10, 2011, 04:35:53 PM »
Anyone else here like Hype Men?

It's 3 guys talking about rap music with a guest, usually a rapper or comedian.  This is pure ear candy for rap nerd like me.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #486 on: June 10, 2011, 06:28:20 PM »
I've always gotten douche vibes from Chris Hardwick, which is why I never even bothered giving The Nerdist a listen. I don't feel I'm missing out on very much.

He got on my asshat list permanently when I heard him talking on a podcast about going to see a movie in Memphis with his dad, and decrying the low level of sophistication of the filmgoers compared to LA audiences. Thank God they don't let you move to LA without an Ivy League diploma in hand.

NJL

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #487 on: June 10, 2011, 06:36:40 PM »
Has anyone here ever heard Love + Radio?  I like it but I would particularly suggest it for the Mike Show crowd.

amiright??

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #488 on: June 10, 2011, 06:44:19 PM »

Any plans to get him on Am I Right? You might want to re-read your physics book beforehand.

I would love that. I once tweeted that Nerdist fans would like us because we're like @nerdist with charm, and he tweeted something back but didn't take it any further when I responded. Too bad, because he could have been our Gallagher.

wood and iron

« Reply #489 on: June 10, 2011, 09:38:10 PM »

I would love that. I once tweeted that Nerdist fans would like us because we're like @nerdist with charm, and he tweeted something back but didn't take it any further when I responded. Too bad, because he could have been our Gallagher.

"Aww, come back, Chris....you forgot your Doctor Who figurines."

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #490 on: June 10, 2011, 10:05:25 PM »
I haven't followed his work much since 'Singled Out'. Was not a fan of 'Web Soup'.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #491 on: June 10, 2011, 11:36:05 PM »
I haven't followed his work much since 'Singled Out'. Was not a fan of 'Web Soup'.

I liked "Rodeohead," but that's all I know by him.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #492 on: June 10, 2011, 11:43:02 PM »

He got on my asshat list permanently when I heard him talking on a podcast about going to see a movie in Memphis with his dad, and decrying the low level of sophistication of the filmgoers compared to LA audiences. Thank God they don't let you move to LA without an Ivy League diploma in hand.

To be fair, he was born in Louisville and grew up in Memphis and considers himself as from the South, so he's more of a traitor than just a detractor.  As the great Floridian Tom Petty said, "I can't decide which is worse."
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #493 on: June 11, 2011, 08:38:35 AM »
May I suggest you check out the latest episode of my podcast ARTHUR with special guest Julie Klausner?

http://arthur.libsyn.com/arthur-006

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #494 on: June 11, 2011, 12:31:30 PM »

To be fair, he was born in Louisville and grew up in Memphis and considers himself as from the South, so he's more of a traitor than just a detractor.  As the great Floridian Tom Petty said, "I can't decide which is worse."

Right. I meant to imply that he was visiting his Dad in Memphis, not that he dragged him there to watch a movie.