Author Topic: Podcast Suggestions?  (Read 650421 times)

Mark in Helsinki

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: Podcast Suggestions?
« Reply #165 on: February 14, 2010, 12:43:27 PM »
Be sure to check out WFMU's own podcast "Too Much Information."

It's like This American Life without so much smarminess and better stories, better music and... well... somehow great.

http://www.wfmu.org/playlists/TI

http://www.wfmu.org/podcast
"Is this me?"

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #166 on: February 18, 2010, 08:59:19 PM »
I started perusing CBC Radio podcasts based on recommendations in this thread and find Wiretape with Jonathan Goldstein pretty smart and funny.
http://www.cbc.ca/wiretap/

I like Wire-Tap a lot, thanks for mentioning it.

SuperEgo I can take or leave. for all the praise it gets, it just doesn't do it for me.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #167 on: February 18, 2010, 09:35:26 PM »
I agree with everything stated above.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

ian

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #168 on: February 18, 2010, 09:42:54 PM »
are there any podcasts focusing on 60s/70s rock

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #169 on: February 27, 2010, 08:57:18 PM »
I just got into Superego and listened to all of the episodes in just a few days. Shunt McGuppin crushes me.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

David

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #170 on: February 27, 2010, 09:14:01 PM »
I don't know if someone already mentioned it, but the Filmspotting podcast is great for cinefiles. I've been listening for years, and it's just two guys who love film. But it's very well prepared, too. They take their time with the reviews, but they don't waste the listener's time.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #171 on: February 27, 2010, 09:22:14 PM »
I don't know if someone already mentioned it, but the Filmspotting podcast is great for cinefiles. I've been listening for years, and it's just two guys who love film. But it's very well prepared, too. They take their time with the reviews, but they don't waste the listener's time.

I used to listen but I grew tired of it pretty quickly. I like their reviews but the show is just too long for me to listen regularly. I realize it's an actual radio show and needs to be the current length to fill a timeslot, but I'd enjoy it more if they took out the Massacre Theater, listener thank-yous, and upcoming DVDs and just left the reviews and top 5 lists. That would leave a solid 30 or so minutes.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #172 on: February 27, 2010, 09:52:07 PM »
Just discovered AST Radio thanks to this thread.  It doesn't appear to have been updated in a year and a half, but there are plenty of good ones going back to 2006.

Also:

Democracy Now
Avant-Garde All The Time
Marketplace Money
Creative Screenwriting
The Business
The Treatment
The Cherry Blossom Clinic
Best Show Gems, TBS
The Dusty Show
Downtown Soulville
Mudd Up
Evan "Funk" Davies

When I'm going on long trips, I'll sometimes add selected episodes of:

Fresh Air
Leonard Lopate
Studio 360
On The Media

Often depending who the guests are.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

NJL

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #173 on: February 27, 2010, 10:00:36 PM »
Just discovered AST Radio thanks to this thread.  It doesn't appear to have been updated in a year and a half, but there are plenty of good ones going back to 2006.

Also:

Democracy Now
Avant-Garde All The Time
Marketplace Money
Creative Screenwriting
The Business
The Treatment
The Cherry Blossom Clinic
Best Show Gems, TBS
The Dusty Show
Downtown Soulville
Mudd Up
Evan "Funk" Davies

When I'm going on long trips, I'll sometimes add selected episodes of:

Fresh Air
Leonard Lopate
Studio 360
On The Media

Often depending who the guests are.

You have these as podcasts?

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #174 on: February 27, 2010, 10:33:50 PM »

Just keep posting, and someday something magical will appear to you.  When that day comes, but not before then, look up Moonshake's posts and all will be revealed.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #175 on: February 28, 2010, 09:23:42 AM »
Hasn't been updated since 2008 but the topics are timeless: The Guerrilla Radio Show   The Informal Philosophy Talk Show   http://feeds.feedburner.com/guerrillaradioshow/dZGS
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #176 on: February 28, 2010, 05:46:59 PM »

Just keep posting, and someday something magical will appear to you.  When that day comes, but not before then, look up Moonshake's posts and all will be revealed.

Didn't that occur for NJL about 120 post ago?
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #177 on: February 28, 2010, 06:42:42 PM »
Hasn't been updated since 2008 but the topics are timeless: The Guerrilla Radio Show   The Informal Philosophy Talk Show   http://feeds.feedburner.com/guerrillaradioshow/dZGS

Will people discriminate against me if I listen to the Philosophy talk show? I have suffered enough beatdowns because of my math degree as it is.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #178 on: February 28, 2010, 11:20:21 PM »

Will people discriminate against me if I listen to the Philosophy talk show? I have suffered enough beatdowns because of my math degree as it is.

Just go for it.  You don't have to tell anyone.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #179 on: March 01, 2010, 10:06:10 AM »

Didn't that occur for NJL about 120 post ago?

What, do you think I can count?  I actually come from a culture with a base 1 numerical system.

Hey Steve, is that even possible?  I don't know what I'm talking about.