Author Topic: Podcast Suggestions?  (Read 650507 times)

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
Re: Podcast Suggestions?
« Reply #195 on: March 03, 2010, 09:56:53 PM »
Dave, I know you were joking when you talked about it on Twitter, but I think based on your Night People appearance a while back that you could really make a math podcast work.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #196 on: March 04, 2010, 08:55:03 AM »
God bless you, Steve, but it's a lot harder without Dave and Sandy asking questions to push me on down the road. I am afraid it would degenerate into 15 minutes of humming and sputtering each week.

On the other hand, Humming and Sputtering makes for a pretty good podcast title.

Reeleyes

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #197 on: March 04, 2010, 04:34:19 PM »
"Podcmathst" would be the best title though.
You look like a really healthy Arthy Lang.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #198 on: March 04, 2010, 11:01:00 PM »
Dave, you could have people call in with their math questions. Only not math homework questions. I guess that could really be abused. Also, you could interview famous mathematicians like Grigory Perelman or the guy in Jurassic Park.

teenboat

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #199 on: March 04, 2010, 11:56:50 PM »
Mathematicast
This podcast is usually funny

Shoddy Radio

Reeleyes

« Reply #200 on: March 05, 2010, 11:57:00 AM »
Dave, you could have people call in with their math questions. Only not math homework questions. I guess that could really be abused. Also, you could interview famous mathematicians like Grigory Perelman or the guy in Jurassic Park.

or Will Hunting.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #201 on: March 05, 2010, 06:47:05 PM »

or Will Hunting.

Yeah, that guy, he might be the most famous mathematician ever.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #202 on: March 28, 2010, 08:39:40 PM »
Martin mentioned the 'Slate Culture Gabfest' some time ago. I was just listening to the episode where they discussed Alex Chilton (3/23/2010), and in the endorsements part at the end, Mike Pesca from the show went on at great length about how much he likes the Best Show and specifically endorsed 'Best Show Gems'.

Ojingeo

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #203 on: March 29, 2010, 04:20:24 AM »
As far as music goes, I love the Fatty Jubbo podcast. I've found some great stuff. I'm a big fan of DJ/Rupture's Mudd UP!.

There is a staggering array of netlabel action out there. I was wondering if anyone has found some decent netlabel podcasts? I found one, it's called Density of Sound. (Full disclosure: He's played some tunes I submitted. Maybe he'll play one of yours.) It's mostly electronic and dubby, but like Rupture, he throws some curveballs. Most of the free CC music out there, just like most of the music out there in general, is just horrible. But some people seem to be able to find good music; not only that, but fit it all into an interesting overall aesthetic vision. http://densityofsound.com/wordpress/

Maybe he'll play some of Glenn Reynold's techno music. http://alicublog.blogspot.com/2010_03_21_archive.html#8685550499069967575

WTF has really grown on me. (There's another thread going on about whether Marc Maron should go on The Best Show. These streams should not cross! PFT was on WTF and it didn't work at all.)

I almost always get something out of RadioLab. They get access to amazing guests; but it's also extremely annoying. It is over-produced, precious and self-important in the This American Life vein. And Jad's smugness and facile observations/conclusions make it ALMOST unbearable. That being said, I've learned some crazy shit--anyone hear the Parasite episode? Wild stuff.

And I keep going back to The Dusty Show! Clay Pigeon has really done some beautiful stuff over the years. I like it best when he interviews homeless people. His election night episode is the stuff of legend.

I agree and disagree with other things said on this thread and everywhere else in the universe!
I can hear you judging me.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #204 on: March 29, 2010, 06:51:01 AM »
And I keep going back to The Dusty Show! Clay Pigeon has really done some beautiful stuff over the years. I like it best when he interviews homeless people. His election night episode is the stuff of legend.

I agree. He treats everyone he talks to with such dignity and respect that he's able to elicit some really magical responses.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #205 on: March 29, 2010, 07:44:49 AM »
Martin mentioned the 'Slate Culture Gabfest' some time ago. I was just listening to the episode where they discussed Alex Chilton (3/23/2010), and in the endorsements part at the end, Mike Pesca from the show went on at great length about how much he likes the Best Show and specifically endorsed 'Best Show Gems'.

Yes, that was fun.

Pastor Josh

« Reply #206 on: March 30, 2010, 11:02:47 AM »

Yes, that was fun.

That was almost as awesome as the mention "Some will burn, all will pay" got on the Bugle last year.

I don't think I've recommended these yet, but the Indiefeed podcasts are good.
Who I don't have chocolate?

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #207 on: March 30, 2010, 11:56:11 AM »
I enjoy "Common Sense w/ Dan Carlin"  A radical non-partisan.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #208 on: March 30, 2010, 12:06:33 PM »

I listened to a ton of those when I had to do a lot of driving last year ... those were good.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

Reeleyes

« Reply #209 on: March 31, 2010, 10:18:06 AM »

I listened to a ton of those when I had to do a lot of driving last year ... those were good.

That one is really good as well as his Hardcore History podcast