Author Topic: Podcast Suggestions?  (Read 650457 times)

fletcher munson

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: Podcast Suggestions?
« Reply #315 on: August 13, 2010, 10:45:39 PM »
[glow=red,2,300]wowow[/shadow][/glow]
don't mind me, I'm just experimenting with the attributes buttons
veni dixie vici

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #316 on: August 15, 2010, 02:54:27 PM »
May I suggest episode six of Fredericks Mind Thing.

They're just pouring out.

Fredericks,

Your monthly podcast has me up to December already.

At this pace I am going to die of old age before the marathon after next.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #317 on: August 15, 2010, 04:35:28 PM »
May I suggest episode six of Fredericks Mind Thing.

They're just pouring out.

Fredericks,

Your monthly podcast has me up to December already.

At this pace I am going to die of old age before the marathon after next.

Time is an illusion, David.

I admit it is like I have a creative fire-hose attached to my tailbone.  The energy comes so fast and hard that, I feel like, if I don't spit it out my mouth, the top of my head's going to blow off.

Episode seven is complete!

I'm going miss you, Dave.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

roubaix

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #318 on: August 24, 2010, 03:20:52 PM »
Finally got around to listening to Comedy and Everything Else for the first time this week. So far standup comedy has been compared to jazz and poetry and I'm only 2 episodes in. Also the depth of political discussions are sub-Huffington/sub-Ebert. Don't think I'm gonna stick with this one.

The show was more "fun" with Todd Glass.  He came back for episode 100, but for some reason Jimmy avoided discussion of WHY Todd left in the first place.

Lately my interest in the show has waned.  Jimmy's tedious "exposé" of Kyle Cease does not interest me at all.

CaptKarl

• Policemans heel
« Reply #319 on: August 24, 2010, 03:56:40 PM »

The show was more "fun" with Todd Glass.  He came back for episode 100, but for some reason Jimmy avoided discussion of WHY Todd left in the first place.

Lately my interest in the show has waned.  Jimmy's tedious "exposé" of Kyle Cease does not interest me at all.

It was tons better with Todd, no need to mince words. I wish Jimmy would let Stef talk more often, as I find her the funniest part of the show now. It seems like they just hoist political talk on guests that may or may not have any interest in C-Span minutia.

That Kyle Cease thing went on too long. Everyone knows standup classes are rubbish, and it doesn't really require an expose.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #320 on: August 25, 2010, 09:28:59 AM »
Todd Glass really balanced things out nicely, and added some much-needed levity to the show.

Also: 'make pretend'.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #321 on: August 25, 2010, 09:51:56 AM »

That Kyle Cease thing went on too long. Everyone knows standup classes are rubbish, and it doesn't really require an expose.

Yeah - I actually went and wiki'ed Kyle Cease b/c the word "expose" made me think there was something I was missing. I'd heard about this bootcamp, but didn't think that's what was meant.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

Spalding

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #322 on: August 25, 2010, 10:01:58 AM »
Todd Glass really balanced things out nicely, and added some much-needed levity to the show.

I miss Todd's unrelenting goofiness and focus on making things fun. I don't miss the long sections of the show where he would bow down to Jimmy as the "expert" on world affairs. Jimmy's political observations seem to consist of making cracks about cable news show hosts.

moonshake

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #323 on: September 05, 2010, 07:44:13 PM »
Can NOT wait for this to be available:

http://twitter.com/tedleo/status/23093374508
"You want me to recognize you and I won't. I won't acknowledge you! I deny you. So you keep begging and begging. The door is slammed on you. I want nothing to do with you. You will die unrecognized by me."
-Tom Scharpling

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #324 on: September 05, 2010, 07:55:33 PM »

WOW. I'd love to hear something like PFT's "Ice T" versus JW's "Marky Ramone". Or "Andrew Lloyd Webber" versus "Gene Simmons". Something along those lines.
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

mahgeetah

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #325 on: September 07, 2010, 12:58:47 PM »

Oh, please God, let there be CAKE BOSS...
I'm in my late 50's.

moonshake

« Reply #326 on: September 08, 2010, 08:31:51 AM »
It is here!

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/episode-70-aimee-mann-jon-wurster-ted-leo-paul-f-tompkins

I haven't listened to it yet, but what a promising URL that is.
"You want me to recognize you and I won't. I won't acknowledge you! I deny you. So you keep begging and begging. The door is slammed on you. I want nothing to do with you. You will die unrecognized by me."
-Tom Scharpling

moonshake

« Reply #327 on: September 08, 2010, 12:52:37 PM »
Well, it certainly lived up to the hype I'd spawned in my own head!
-Tom Scharpling

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #328 on: September 08, 2010, 02:12:22 PM »
It was great!

mike_b

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #329 on: September 09, 2010, 11:45:18 AM »
I had to stop listening to Comedy and Everything else once Jimmy Dore decided that 9/11 was an inside job.