Author Topic: Podcast Suggestions?  (Read 650422 times)

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
Re: Podcast Suggestions?
« Reply #390 on: March 26, 2011, 07:00:03 PM »
I also enjoy Mark Kermode and Simon Mayo's film review podcast, but it doesn't always bat 1.000. Kermode tends to hit his favored talking points repeatedly, and Mayo sometimes REALLY gets on my nerves. He does an adequate job as Kermode's foil, but when he tries to be funny and overtalk Kermode, it's unbelievably grating.

Every now and then there's a review where Mayo is just an over-the-top jerk.

What's perplexing (but in itself quite amusing) is how Kermode, who is quite funny during his reviews, especially when he's angry about something, hates nearly every comedy movie he reviews.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Rasmussen

• Policemans heel
« Reply #391 on: March 26, 2011, 08:33:40 PM »
I recently went through all of the Thrilling Adventure Hour episodes.  They have amazing casts, and I wish that I could see their live shows.

My list of subscribed podcasts is way too long at this point, but I can't bring myself to unsubscribe from many of them.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #392 on: March 26, 2011, 09:43:03 PM »
It's an outrage that I seem to be the only FOT who listens to The Amateur Scientist Podcast.

I will give it a try.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #393 on: April 03, 2011, 01:38:25 PM »
I enjoyed Hot Saucerman's interview of Paul Reubens almost as much as Tom's appearance on Maron. I could live my whole life without 1 more second of Tom Lennon's Little Gary character in the last 30 minutes of the show, but the first hour was really great, and revealing.

Dave Foley's been appearing on various and sundry podcasts to promote his stand-up tour, and he has had the worst draws. Doug Loves Movies with Jeff Garlin, who didn't start screaming the entire time, and the Comedy Death Ray live from Austin with little Gary, who didn't stop screaming the entire time.

wood and iron

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #394 on: April 03, 2011, 03:07:20 PM »
I enjoyed Hot Saucerman's interview of Paul Reubens almost as much as Tom's appearance on Maron. I could live my whole life without 1 more second of Tom Lennon's Little Gary character in the last 30 minutes of the show, but the first hour was really great, and revealing.

Dave Foley's been appearing on various and sundry podcasts to promote his stand-up tour, and he has had the worst draws. Doug Loves Movies with Jeff Garlin, who didn't start screaming the entire time, and the Comedy Death Ray live from Austin with little Gary, who didn't stop screaming the entire time.

Has anyone heard Dave Foley's stand up? I wonder if it's any good.

Eric Fishlegs

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #395 on: April 03, 2011, 04:58:54 PM »

That was my first time hearing Little Gary and hopefully my last. Grating w/o being funny. I'm a fan of THE STATE and Thomas Lennon, but that was not good.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #396 on: April 03, 2011, 05:26:42 PM »
I would suggest you listen to the latest Fredericks Mind Thing episode.  Dave from Knoxville is the featured interviewee.  However, it is not available, yet.

Stay tuned... 
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #397 on: April 03, 2011, 05:30:27 PM »
I saw Dave Foley's standup. It's ok.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #398 on: April 03, 2011, 08:11:08 PM »
I would suggest you listen to the latest Fredericks Mind Thing episode.  Dave from Knoxville is the featured interviewee.  However, it is not available, yet.

Stay tuned...

It was so exciting to be included, and me and Fredericks had a wonderful free-wheeling conversation that went all over the place.

I am still one episode behind; gotta here the "Mike drinking" edition.

patfromlansing

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #399 on: April 17, 2011, 12:48:30 AM »
I (very humbly) would like to mention my podcast "Walk it Off".    I am inspired by things like "The Best Show" and "Never Not Funny", but I think I put my own flavor in most of the shows.   We put out new episodes every two weeks, I think we have improved after a semi-shaky start.    We have interviewed some FOT on there too.

If anyone is interested:

http://walkitoffpodcast.podbean.com

Thanks!

-Pat
I'm the mayor of winner country!

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #400 on: April 17, 2011, 09:26:18 PM »
It's an outrage that I seem to be the only FOT who listens to The Amateur Scientist Podcast.

I've given it a listen and I like it. Thanks for the recommendation.

dragonchiptune

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #401 on: April 18, 2011, 01:12:28 AM »
I'm subscribed to Am I Right?? and Comedy Death-Ray Radio based on an aggregrate of FOT-review. I'm looking forward to giving both their turn. I also returned back to WTF with Marc Maron. I have probably signed on too many podcasts again!

Greggulator

« Reply #402 on: April 18, 2011, 01:26:29 AM »
I (very humbly) would like to mention my podcast "Walk it Off".    I am inspired by things like "The Best Show" and "Never Not Funny", but I think I put my own flavor in most of the shows.   We put out new episodes every two weeks, I think we have improved after a semi-shaky start.    We have interviewed some FOT on there too.

If anyone is interested:

http://walkitoffpodcast.podbean.com

Thanks!

-Pat

You should definitely check out Pat's podcast. It's REALLY good.
Listen to my basketball podcast! www.theholdingcourtpodcast.com

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #403 on: April 18, 2011, 09:48:32 AM »
I'm subscribed to Am I Right?? and Comedy Death-Ray Radio based on an aggregrate of FOT-review. I'm looking forward to giving both their turn. I also returned back to WTF with Marc Maron. I have probably signed on too many podcasts again!

That is where I am now. I got to this realization: wait a minute, I need time to let my own thoughts run around in my head for a bit. I'm selfish that way. Anyhow, now I have to trim all of the podcasts back to the essentials.

moonshake

« Reply #404 on: April 18, 2011, 02:50:48 PM »

I've given it a listen and I like it. Thanks for the recommendation.

Hey, that's pretty cool! Two FOTs!
"You want me to recognize you and I won't. I won't acknowledge you! I deny you. So you keep begging and begging. The door is slammed on you. I want nothing to do with you. You will die unrecognized by me."
-Tom Scharpling