Author Topic: Podcast Suggestions?  (Read 650376 times)

effecT

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: Podcast Suggestions?
« Reply #450 on: May 16, 2011, 07:22:36 PM »
I am really liking Comedy Death Ray.

What's that?

Bang Bang, you shot him down.

Denim Gremlin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #451 on: May 16, 2011, 07:24:21 PM »
I know it's been said in this thread before, and is redundant but these dudes deserve another bump. But I binged on "AM I RIGHT?" this weekend, and I suggest everyone check it out who hasn't yet.  Evan and Jessie are awesome hosts/interviewers.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/AmIRightCJSW

I love Am I Right?? but seriously these guys need to figure out the sound levels on this thing. Most of the time, Evan sounds like he talking from across the room and Jessie sounds like he has the mic completely in his mouth.
I was the first guy in hardcore to whip people with his belt.

cutout

• Space Champion!
« Reply #452 on: May 16, 2011, 08:24:55 PM »
This address works for me when I put it into iTunes -

feed://feeds.feedburner.com/AmIRightCJSW?format=xml

Chris L

• Space Champion!
« Reply #453 on: May 16, 2011, 08:36:34 PM »
Carolla interviewed Andrew Breitbart, huh? A new low!

Paul DeLouisiana

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #454 on: May 24, 2011, 12:23:41 PM »

What's that?

What does everyone think about the comedy songs that he plays between interviews? I've never liked comedy songs and I can't really understand the frame of mind that someone has to be in to enjoy them. I think Reggie Watts makes funny music when the lyrics aren't trying to be intentionally funny. I just can't stand that same old method for writing comedy songs. Like how the first verse just builds up to a wacky/vulgar chorus that they come back to like 8 times. The songs are the only bad thing about CDR imo.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #455 on: May 24, 2011, 01:46:56 PM »

What's that?

What does everyone think about the comedy songs that he plays between interviews? I've never liked comedy songs and I can't really understand the frame of mind that someone has to be in to enjoy them. I think Reggie Watts makes funny music when the lyrics aren't trying to be intentionally funny. I just can't stand that same old method for writing comedy songs. Like how the first verse just builds up to a wacky/vulgar chorus that they come back to like 8 times. The songs are the only bad thing about CDR imo.

I think the comedy songs are kind of a mixed bag. I like, say, Weird Al's stuff or Don't Stop or We'll Die, and when Scott plays a song that wasn't necessarily meant to be a comedy song (e.g. Nimoy's 'Ballad of Bilbo Baggins' ....he's only 3 feet tall! he's the bravest little hobbit of them all!'.)

I am glad they killed off 'Jukebox Jury'. Way too many 'white guys sure rap badly' or 'I'm going to say something incredibly offensive and gross because that's hilarious!' songs there.

amiright??

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #456 on: May 24, 2011, 01:48:04 PM »
I know it's been said in this thread before, and is redundant but these dudes deserve another bump. But I binged on "AM I RIGHT?" this weekend, and I suggest everyone check it out who hasn't yet.  Evan and Jessie are awesome hosts/interviewers.

I love Am I Right?? but seriously these guys need to figure out the sound levels on this thing. Most of the time, Evan sounds like he talking from across the room and Jessie sounds like he has the mic completely in his mouth.

Thanks guys - that's very nice of you both.

Also - Colin, I know the problem you're talking about and it's something I'm trying to be aware of, because it's a problem on the actual levels in the booth, BUT, I always thought I was the loud one and Jesse was the quieter one... I will pay more attention and hopefully get this balance struck!

effecT

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #457 on: May 24, 2011, 05:42:50 PM »

I really loved Corrolla's entitled attitude about him apparently not being able to commit crimes(like driving too fast), because he is a mighty tax-payer. Any illegals however should be locked up for selling flowers. I would like to see this asshole go one day without cheap illegal labor.

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #458 on: May 27, 2011, 04:25:28 PM »

Yeah, but give the guy some credit for classing up the show with guests like Larry Flynt and "Angela and Amber, the Nascar Twins". Also, I see he's still complaining about Rosie O'Donnell. Is Rosie O'Donnell even doing anything for him to complain about? Next thing you know, there's gonna be a "classic" Carolla rant about Jenny from the Bedroom and David Spayed&Neutered.
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #459 on: May 27, 2011, 05:45:59 PM »

Also - Colin, I know the problem you're talking about and it's something I'm trying to be aware of, because it's a problem on the actual levels in the booth, BUT, I always thought I was the loud one and Jesse was the quieter one... I will pay more attention and hopefully get this balance struck!

Kendrick Martin's engineer is probably available if you need to get the ISDN line set up.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Big Plastic Head

« Reply #460 on: May 27, 2011, 07:10:56 PM »

Kendrick Martin's engineer is probably available if you need to get the ISDN line set up.

Oh, man. Kendrick martin. Sooo good.
Congratulations. You are now a mouse cursor inside a graphics program that the client can control by speaking, emailing and instant messaging.

amiright??

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #461 on: May 29, 2011, 10:44:37 PM »

Do you have Tony's number?

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #462 on: May 30, 2011, 12:12:44 AM »
The levels in the cans are just not good.  Just not good.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Pastor Josh

« Reply #463 on: June 06, 2011, 01:54:42 PM »
Any thoughts on the Apples Sisters?  I'm pretty sure I don't understand it.
Who I don't have chocolate?

Pastor Josh

« Reply #464 on: June 06, 2011, 01:58:25 PM »

Could not agree more.  Am I Right?? is worth many listens.
Who I don't have chocolate?