Author Topic: Podcast Suggestions?  (Read 650383 times)

Key Loser

• Achilles bursitis
Re: Podcast Suggestions?
« Reply #525 on: June 27, 2011, 09:51:42 AM »
Its been a few years, but I used to be a regular listener to the Hour of Slack podcast. Someone should get Lonesome Cowboy Dave to call into the Best Show

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #526 on: June 27, 2011, 11:07:01 PM »
I have a question for you podcast addicts (like I am): do you find yourself listening to podcasts so much that you realize you haven't listened to music in a few days? How do you balance this out?

As others have chimed in, I tend to listen to music while working (I can't focus/concentrate if I'm listening to somebody talking) and sometimes while running. I also listen in the car, as music sounds better in the car than thru the crappy earbuds.

Sometimes I just feel a need to listen to certain things. My follow thru is not always so good. Recently I decided I needed to listen to Led Zeppelin, but I gave up when all I could find was an old cassette tape of Led Zeppelin I.

moonshake

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #527 on: June 28, 2011, 10:40:15 AM »
Update: just tried Doubletwist again - and uninstalled it within twenty minutes. Still horribly clunky, even more CPU-hogging than iTunes. Frequently freezes, becomes unresponsive. Interesting idea with the "air sync" - but that's an add-on they charge for.

Back to iTunes for now...

OK, another recommendation that might turn out to be as horrendous as my previous one- Winamp has an android app that will sync with your Winamp library on your PC. I can't vouch for the android app, but I still use Winamp as my main media player on my PC (choose the most minimalistic type of install- I think I have the base audio player plus the media library and global hotkeys components).
"You want me to recognize you and I won't. I won't acknowledge you! I deny you. So you keep begging and begging. The door is slammed on you. I want nothing to do with you. You will die unrecognized by me."
-Tom Scharpling

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #528 on: July 04, 2011, 07:02:51 PM »
If anyone's still interested: http://fredericksnprcast.podbean.com/
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Big Plastic Head

« Reply #529 on: July 20, 2011, 02:12:51 PM »
The 7/8/11 episode of Sklarbro Country with Aisha Tyler (Archer) was really funny. The gem was Chirs Cox impersonating Sam Elliott doing promos for the women's World Cup. (You can listen to the whole thing or the Sam Elliott part here.)

Also, the Sklars have been threatening a show with Tom as a guest for a while...
Congratulations. You are now a mouse cursor inside a graphics program that the client can control by speaking, emailing and instant messaging.

wood and iron

« Reply #530 on: July 20, 2011, 06:22:48 PM »
Stop Podcasting Yourself is very very funny. They have had a few episodes with PFT, too.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #531 on: August 21, 2011, 07:15:11 PM »
The last 15 minutes of the McDonald's episode of The Smartest Man on Earth feature a Michael-McDonald-off that is very very funny.

Kris K

« Reply #532 on: August 23, 2011, 09:16:46 PM »
The last 15 minutes of the McDonald's episode of The Smartest Man on Earth feature a Michael-McDonald-off that is very very funny.

Yes indeed, and with Bender from Futurama no less. This podcast is consistently sharp and hilarious.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #533 on: September 04, 2011, 10:35:37 PM »
I really enjoyed hearing Robert Popper interviewed by Peppermint Patty on the Sound of Young America this week.

wood and iron

« Reply #534 on: September 05, 2011, 12:48:30 AM »
I really enjoyed hearing Robert Popper interviewed by Peppermint Patty on the Sound of Young America this week.

Something has always bugged me about Xeni Jardin (the lady who guest hosted TSYA). I have no idea what it is.

I think part of it is her name. It's a too perfect William Gibson-esque name for someone who does tech/futurist reporting.

Greggulator

« Reply #535 on: September 05, 2011, 12:55:45 PM »
I have yet to plug my own podcast on here. But I think our latest episode is one of the best things I've ever taken part of in my comedy dabblings. You don't need to know a thing about basketball to listen to it. We interview Jim Gaffigan -- not the comic, but a Home Depot manager and strident Tea Party member who may or may not hire Boston Celtic Delonte West.

Also, if you go through the archives you can hear an episode featuring Daniel Ralston who was on the last episode with Hatch. He was hilarious on it. He and listener John Haughey (@notgiamatti) tried to play a one-on-one game before the episode. John threw his back out something fierce (and required a bunch of doctor's visits). Dan played a game later on with my co-host Aaron and another friend of ours and got a busted rib.

The other episde we loved was Pau Double, in which we discovered a Pau Gasol impersonator and dissected his website.
Listen to my basketball podcast! www.theholdingcourtpodcast.com

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #536 on: September 05, 2011, 08:46:30 PM »
I don't know if anyone else is listening, but I've found myself really compelled by the Earwolf Challenge. I've never watched any reality shows so I wouldn't say I'm necessarily attracted to the format, but plugging comedy podcasts into the equation really pulled me onboard.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

roubaix

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #537 on: September 06, 2011, 08:31:25 PM »
Yeah, I've been listening to The Challenge from the start.  Very entertaining show, although I feel a bit let down this week.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #538 on: October 01, 2011, 08:56:15 AM »
I know The Nerdist is not particularly popular in these parts, and I'm not a regular listener myself, but I do have to say that the recent Tom Wilson episode is worth a listen, especially if you're a Back to the Future fan (he played Biff in those movies). He has some great stories about being at the Comedy Store (I never even knew he did stand-up), including an apparently legendary fight with Sam Kinison and the fact that, at one point, his roommates were Andrew Dice Clay and Yakov Smirnoff. (!)
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Jason from Huntsville, AL

« Reply #539 on: October 01, 2011, 09:14:30 AM »
...at one point, his roommates were Andrew Dice Clay and Yakov Smirnoff. (!)

How has this not been a sitcom?
"A Man Can Make a Dog Break Its Gaze." - Tom