Author Topic: Podcast Suggestions?  (Read 650379 times)

patfromlansing

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: Podcast Suggestions?
« Reply #615 on: March 17, 2012, 12:05:56 PM »
Yes, just search Walk it Off podcast!   Hope you enjoy it, Dave!

-Pat

http://walkitoffpodcast.podbean.com
I'm the mayor of winner country!

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #616 on: March 17, 2012, 12:35:27 PM »

-Pat

I will keep trying, but right now it's giving a Network timed out error message prior to any downloads.

Jason from Huntsville, AL

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #617 on: March 17, 2012, 12:50:36 PM »
I want to be the first to accuse Jason of constructing an elaborate and extremely specific hoax.

Time to issue a "This American Life" style retraction.
"A Man Can Make a Dog Break Its Gaze." - Tom

patfromlansing

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #618 on: March 17, 2012, 01:12:40 PM »

-Pat

I will keep trying, but right now it's giving a Network timed out error message prior to any downloads.

Hmm, there are some issues with our hosting site apparently, I can let you know when they seem to be resolved.

patfromlansing

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #619 on: March 19, 2012, 07:12:22 AM »
It should be working now.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #620 on: March 19, 2012, 09:35:14 AM »
I'm glad Fredericks revived the mind thing. I've been enjoying recent episodes.

Likewise Jason Sims Is Calling You has been fun, but I did spend the entire Kate from Halifax episode wondering why they didn't talk about 'Hark! A Vagrant!'. Later I discovered it was not in fact Kate Beaton (still, that Kate was interesting).

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #621 on: March 19, 2012, 09:55:41 AM »
If the idea of a variation on the Maron/WTF formula is appealing, or if you like the idea of WTF but don't care for Maron himself, you might want to check out You Made It Weird with Pete Holmes. It's consciously modeled on WTF, but Holmes has a more earnest and manic energy. And because of Holmes's religious background (I don't know the whole story, but it seems he used to be very religious and now is a bit more skeptical), there's lots of thoughtful discussion of religion by both believers and non-believers. I just started downloading episodes at random based on the guests and I'm on-board so far.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #622 on: March 24, 2012, 03:10:24 PM »
Fredericks, if only you had a Facebook, you would know that I just quoted/thanked you on Facebook. But you don't, so I guess you won't.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #623 on: March 26, 2012, 10:23:26 AM »
Fredericks, if only you had a Facebook, you would know that I just quoted/thanked you on Facebook. But you don't, so I guess you won't.

Thank you!
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Alex P.

• Policemans heel
« Reply #624 on: March 29, 2012, 02:48:39 PM »
"How Did This Get Made?" is my favorite right now; Jason Mantzoukas is one of the funniest dudes going but I can really only find him on this and occasionally on The League.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #625 on: March 30, 2012, 02:28:59 PM »
I gave up on How Did This Get made. There just seemed to be so much of "Did you notice when?" "DOOD, that was so funny/inept/stupid!!!" "I KNOW man, RIGHT???" giggle giggle giggle

Has it gotten more focused?

Alex P.

• Policemans heel
« Reply #626 on: March 30, 2012, 02:41:32 PM »
I gave up on How Did This Get made. There just seemed to be so much of "Did you notice when?" "DOOD, that was so funny/inept/stupid!!!" "I KNOW man, RIGHT???" giggle giggle giggle

No, actually it's a little worse about that now. I don't mind that but it seems that lately their movie selection has been pretty limited. I want them to talk more about weird kids movies like Old Dogs and Mac & Me.

Crusherkc

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #627 on: March 30, 2012, 02:43:08 PM »
"How Did This Get Made?" is my favorite right now; Jason Mantzoukas is one of the funniest dudes going but I can really only find him on this and occasionally on The League.

I really wanted to like this show but Mantzoukas drove me nuts by talking loudly over everyone and using the word "literally" in every sentence.  And the only woman on the show can hardly finish a word let alone a sentence.  I listened recently just to hear if anything changed but it seemed the same show it was at the start.  A shame, really.  I love Paul Scheer's take on bad movies. 
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

Alex P.

• Policemans heel
« Reply #628 on: March 30, 2012, 02:44:56 PM »
I think Scheer is the most underrated funny person working today.

crumbum

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #629 on: March 30, 2012, 10:16:13 PM »
I also want to like this show (since i enjoy Scheer and Mantzoukas's other work) but find myself frustrated with it much of the time. I think one really easy improvement would be to let Scheer have the floor for the first five minutes of each show to simply give a coherent rundown of the premise, some plot points and highlights, and why it was chosen.  Instead they usually leap down a dozen rabbit holes right away without giving us any place to get our bearings.